Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-01-08, 09:52 AM   #217
ralinn
Masters

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
Humm .. now the discusion not is about the graphics

You have 5 times more gameplay in Crysis than in Encharted per square foot . A FPS game, a stealth l game, a FPS /stealth , a fight game and one combination of the all styles .

Infinite combinations of gameplay in one map , some have some square kilometers .You can start a level of Crysis, take a boat, go to the end of it and do it in the opposite direction.Maybe for some people is a boring gameplay , not is like the very nice "on rails " and very original and innovative gameplay of uncharted .

Possibly, many people fear freedom. And not know what to do with it
Good lord, stop exaggerating. You just have a choice of going on foot or by vehicle. The game was created with huge maps to give you an illusion of freedom. Anyway, it only lasts for around half the game, then the game becomes even more linear.

You can play some of the levels differently, but ffs, enough of this "Infinite combinations of gameplay" bull****. You're just wrong, unless you're counting being able to play each map running backwards or being able to play the game while standing on your head.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 10:34 AM   #218
Jonelo

No. You can play the game as a game of Stealth - it is possible to be played without practically killing nobody the first 2/3 of the game. Also it can play like a normal FPS if it does not use the powers.

It can personalize the type of FPS that it wants to play - very arcadish in easy or "pro" in Delta without the powers . It can play with silencers or without them.

Or it can play without firearms, with the objects as projectiles or single with its fists. You do not understand that in the first 2/3 of the game, you have three sorts - FPS, Stheal game, arcade. Almost all modes of action games.

And in any case, it can almost always choose if to enter into combat or no. That cannot do it in most of the FPS.

Let us add to this that any position can be taken from the 4 cardinal points and that can almost always be chosen the order of the objectives of each mission
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 11:19 AM   #219
ralinn
Masters

90% of what you just said is done in most games, including Uncharted. Most of the time you're speaking as if all of this is new to Crysis...

Wow, it gives me the option to not kill anyone. That's just great, the combinations of gameplay are just... limitless.

Maybe Crytek should just make a walk through the jungle sim. I'm pretty sure you'd love it and take a billion screen shots.

Old 01-01-08, 11:46 AM   #220
Jonelo

Quote:
90% of what you just said is done in most games, including Uncharted. Most of the time you're speaking as if all of this is new to Crysis...

You can play the 90% of the games with Stealth or without practically killing nobody or like a normal FPS ?

Or without firearms , with the objects as projectiles or single with its fists.?

And the 90 % of the FPS ? .

Is useless this discussion with you.
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 12:01 PM   #221
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
You can play the 90% of the games with Stealth or without practically killing nobody or like a normal FPS ?

Or without firearms , with the objects as projectiles or single with its fists.?

And the 90 % of the FPS ? .

Is useless this discussion with you.
The conversation would become useful if you could understand English properly. I didn't say you can play 90% of games with stealth or without killing anyone. I said 90% of what you mentioned has been done before, in games such as Uncharted.

Being able to not kill everyone you see is hardly 'Infinite combinations of gameplay'. I'm not sure why you think this is such a 'revolutionary' feature anyway.

Old 01-01-08, 01:19 PM   #222
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Lay off ralinn, you know aswell as me that crysis got alot of new features for a FPS game, not only graphically and physically wise. The nanosuit, the interaction, the animals, the realism, the environments, Zero-g. In crysis you can choose what objectives to to and in what order, you can choose not to do an objective and continue etc.. you can choose from what to with the enemies and how to engage them, u can choose from where to enter and infiltrate the objectives and how and when. Crysis along with bioshock is the few FPS games that is revolutionary in their way. Compared any games in years. Do you think uncharted and for example cod4 is?
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 01:45 PM   #223
ralinn
Masters

Lay off? Heh, you're throwing around the word "revolutionary" an awful lot. There's a huge difference between 'evolution' and 'revolution'. Please, don't include Bioshock and revolution in the same sentence, it's just not deserved.

Quote:
You have 5 times more gameplay in Crysis than in Encharted per square foot .
I feel like I'm the only one that actually played Crysis at the moment. Yes, I loved the game but you're never going to prove it better than Uncharted by exaggerating the truth like Jonelo has.

Old 01-01-08, 01:49 PM   #224
sweetmate

Am primarily a PC FPS player and enjoyed Uncharted much more than Crysis. Although the fact that Crysis doesn't run very well is part of it, fundamentally it is an average game, not a great one.
sweetmate is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-08, 01:56 PM   #225
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
Lay off ralinn, you know aswell as me that crysis got alot of new features for a FPS game, not only graphically and physically wise. The nanosuit, the interaction, the animals, the realism, the environments, Zero-g. In crysis you can choose what objectives to to and in what order, you can choose not to do an objective and continue etc.. you can choose from what to with the enemies and how to engage them, u can choose from where to enter and infiltrate the objectives and how and when. Crysis along with bioshock is the few FPS games that is revolutionary in their way. Compared any games in years. Do you think uncharted and for example cod4 is?

First of all what freaking animals? Second of all I just completed Crysis today and am sorely dissapointed. The game is short as all get out and still filled with bugs because here we are yet another day with no patch.

To top it off the game got about stupid as heck just a little over halfway through.

Do not even dare compare Crysis to master pieces such as Bioshock, COD4, Gears Of War etc........
Tuningmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 01:57 PM   #226
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Lay off? Heh, you're throwing around the word "revolutionary" an awful lot. There's a huge difference between 'evolution' and 'revolution'. Please, don't include Bioshock and revolution in the same sentence, it's just not deserved.

I feel like I'm the only one that actually played Crysis at the moment. Yes, I loved the game but you're never going to prove it better than Uncharted by exaggerating the truth like Jonelo has.

Uncharted>Crysis all day long.
Tuningmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 02:05 PM   #227
mumstheword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningmaster
Uncharted>Crysis all day long.
You're suffering from a hangover. Come back tomorrow.
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 03:20 PM   #228
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningmaster
First of all what freaking animals? Second of all I just completed Crysis today and am sorely dissapointed. The game is short as all get out and still filled with bugs because here we are yet another day with no patch.

To top it off the game got about stupid as heck just a little over halfway through.

Do not even dare compare Crysis to master pieces such as Bioshock, COD4, Gears Of War etc........
"masterpiece" is not the word i would use to describe a game with little rooms that enemies constantly respawn out of with aimbots and clip hacks until u cross some imaginary line. no to mention every 5 minutes im wondering if im playing a war game or nfl quarterback club with grenades in place of the football.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote