Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-01-08, 03:20 PM   #229
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
You're suffering from a hangover. Come back tomorrow.

And your suffering from Denial. Come back when you have a clue.
Tuningmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 03:56 PM   #230
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
"masterpiece" is not the word i would use to describe a game with little rooms that enemies constantly respawn out of with aimbots and clip hacks until u cross some imaginary line.

If thats the only thing you saw in COD4 then I feel sorry for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
no to mention every 5 minutes im wondering if im playing a war game or nfl quarterback club with grenades in place of the football.
uhhh huh huh huh
Old 01-01-08, 04:45 PM   #231
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningmaster
First of all what freaking animals? Second of all I just completed Crysis today and am sorely dissapointed. The game is short as all get out and still filled with bugs because here we are yet another day with no patch.

To top it off the game got about stupid as heck just a little over halfway through.

Do not even dare compare Crysis to master pieces such as Bioshock, COD4, Gears Of War etc........
cod4 is no ****ing masterpiece. Its a moderate crap game with linear gameplay, bad sounds and bad AI. Nothing you can compare with crysis.
All animals in the game, that react to the player and u can even pick them up. The way they move and behave. No other FPS game has animals like crysis does it.
Get the other two games in the crysis trilogy and then compare. Crysis is an unfinish game. Sorry for using the word revolution, i meant evolution. Yes they are.
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 06:15 PM   #232
mumstheword

Quote:
And your suffering from Denial. Come back when you have a clue.
Why start the new year with so much anger?
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 06:35 PM   #233
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
Crysis is an unfinish game.

ROTFLMAO, understatement of the year.
Old 01-01-08, 06:35 PM   #234
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
Why start the new year with so much anger?

LOL, im not angry the slightest bit. Currently enjoying all the games I got recently.
Old 01-01-08, 06:53 PM   #235
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
cod4 is no ****ing masterpiece. Its a moderate crap game with linear gameplay, bad sounds and bad AI. Nothing you can compare with crysis.

I really dont think any Crysis lover is in the position to be bashing another games AI or gameplay or anything else for that matter considering the gawd aweful bug ridden mess that Crysis is at the moment.

And as for COD4 being linear well no duh sherlock? where were you for COD1 and COD2? That hardly takes away from how fun the game is and honestly I wouldnt have the COD series to be any other way as it follows the story a lot better.

As for the sound yeah whatever because the game sounded completely bad ass on my setup.
Old 01-01-08, 06:54 PM   #236
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Oh one more thing, Since completing Crysis this morning I have been playing Gears Of War ever since and it is leaps and bounds better than anything I came across when playing Crysis.

In fact I cannot remember the last time I had this much fun with a game besides the Witcher.

Old 01-01-08, 08:44 PM   #237
Redeemed

Quote:
I really dont think any Crysis lover is in the position to be bashing another games AI or gameplay or anything else for that matter considering the gawd aweful bug ridden mess that Crysis is at the moment.

And as for COD4 being linear well no duh sherlock? where were you for COD1 and COD2? That hardly takes away from how fun the game is and honestly I wouldnt have the COD series to be any other way as it follows the story a lot better.

As for the sound yeah whatever because the game sounded completely bad ass on my setup.
Honestly, it gets annoying how your team mates do the majority of the work for you. I haven't beaten CoD4 yet, but so far they're almost doing everything for me. Kinda' lame.

As for Crysis, my only complaint is how my fps plummeted about half way through it. I spent the rest of the time alternating between different visual settings trying to find the best blend of IQ and frame rates. Really does detract from the story and immersiveness when a character's lips do not keep up with its voice and such.

Ultimately, no game is perfect so the idea of debating which one is better is rather lame as it all boils down to personal preference. Ya'll need to stop your pissing contest and just enjoy the games! One that might be fun for one person could be completely boring and mind-numbing to another. We all will have different views and opinions- big deal!!!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 12:05 AM   #238
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:

I dont get these damn bugs youre talking about. The gameplay and AI works really fine and feels alot better than in cod4. Where they just rush into you without caring for coverfire. They run from point a to point b, from spawn to cover or rushing. That sucks, maybe they think its a war with softairguns lol. Its not only the maps that is linear baby, its the gameplay too.. u cant choose **** to do, its like youre a damn spectator in a fking movie. Everything is already layed up for you and tells you how to play, the only way to play, to follow these corridors and kill endless of respawning enemies with poor AI like on a fking conveyor belt. Man even graw is better on that. And one more thing, just because cod1 and cod2 was linear they dont have to make cod4 the same. But they did...
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 06:44 AM   #239
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
I dont get these damn bugs youre talking about. The gameplay and AI works really fine and feels alot better than in cod4. Where they just rush into you without caring for coverfire. They run from point a to point b, from spawn to cover or rushing. That sucks, maybe they think its a war with softairguns lol. Its not only the maps that is linear baby, its the gameplay too.. u cant choose **** to do, its like youre a damn spectator in a fking movie. Everything is already layed up for you and tells you how to play, the only way to play, to follow these corridors and kill endless of respawning enemies with poor AI like on a fking conveyor belt. Man even graw is better on that. And one more thing, just because cod1 and cod2 was linear they dont have to make cod4 the same. But they did...
Someone needs to give you and Jonelo a good smack upside the head because you both seem to think that the more non-linear a game is, the more gameplay it has. This is not true at all... Each to his/their own.

I don't know what problem you have with the sound. The sound in CoD4 is top notch. Fantastic beefy sound effects and ambient sounds with Harry Gregson-Williams doing the OST. Stop speaking out of your arse.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 12:31 PM   #240
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Someone needs to give you and Jonelo a good smack upside the head because you both seem to think that the more non-linear a game is, the more gameplay it has. This is not true at all... Each to his/their own.

I don't know what problem you have with the sound. The sound in CoD4 is top notch. Fantastic beefy sound effects and ambient sounds with Harry Gregson-Williams doing the OST. Stop speaking out of your arse.

Very well said These Crysis whores crack me up, all they care about are the graphics and completely ignore the fact that the game is currently a bug fest, some bugs are so bad in fact that they can even keep you from completing a level or beating the game at all.

Nanosuitguy you can deny it all you want but all you have to do is look around the forums and you will see the issues people are having with the Crysis.

Crysis is a damn mess right now and in desperate need of a patch.