Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-08, 01:45 PM   #241
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningmaster
Very well said These Crysis whores crack me up, all they care about are the graphics and completely ignore the fact that the game is currently a bug fest, some bugs are so bad in fact that they can even keep you from completing a level or beating the game at all.

Nanosuitguy you can deny it all you want but all you have to do is look around the forums and you will see the issues people are having with the Crysis.

Crysis is a damn mess right now and in desperate need of a patch.
The only "bug" I've ever experienced with Crysis was on the Carrier where I had to kill that Hunter. It was just before I went out to the main deck- there was supposed to be some ammo on the ground. Well, after getting killed and the reloading that last save- the ammo was no where to be seen. BUT... if I went over to where it *should* have been, then the text would show up on screen, and I would be able to grab the ammo, I just couldn't see the ammo. Other than that I experienced zero bugs.

And I finally beat CoD4 last night. Great game, rather intense with all those "things" getting launched (don't want to spoil it for those that have yet to play it). Very fun game, over all. And the only sound issues I experienced was during the briefing it'd skip and stutter a whole bunch. But during gameplay the sound was fantastic.

That being said, I still think Crysis was more enjoyable overall. But really, that's a moot point. Why? CAUSE IT'S MY FRIKKEN OPINION!!! I cannot believe you guys are still arguing over this! People have preferences that are different than yours- get over it! I honestly don't care if you like CoD4 a million times more than Crysis or vise-versa... it just does not matter! What does is that you enjoyed one of them! I happen to really like both games, think they were both really well done and a blast to play, but I am not going to sit here and argue with somebody that disagrees with me about Crysis or CoD4 being enjoyable cause that is like trying to convice people to drink or eat a particular substance. Take coffee for example: some people absolutely love it (me), others can't stand it (my sister). Isn't it futile for me to try and change their mind? Maybe coffee just doesn't get along well with their system, maybe it makes them sick- who knows, but they don't like it and that's well enough.

Same goes to games, I enjoyed Crysis, but I also enjoyed CoD4. There are people out there that are going to dispise CoD4 and those that will despise Crysis, the opposite also holds true. It is purely a "preference" issue and one that isn't even debatable. Honestly, I'm surprised this thread is even allowed to continue as there is absolutely zero topic for debate as everything in here is based purely off of opinions and preferences. Those two change from person to person.

I vote for not closing this thread, but deleting it aswell.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 02:33 PM   #242
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 462
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
The only "bug" I've ever experienced with Crysis was on the Carrier where I had to kill that Hunter. It was just before I went out to the main deck- there was supposed to be some ammo on the ground. Well, after getting killed and the reloading that last save- the ammo was no where to be seen. BUT... if I went over to where it *should* have been, then the text would show up on screen, and I would be able to grab the ammo, I just couldn't see the ammo. Other than that I experienced zero bugs.

And I finally beat CoD4 last night. Great game, rather intense with all those "things" getting launched (don't want to spoil it for those that have yet to play it). Very fun game, over all. And the only sound issues I experienced was during the briefing it'd skip and stutter a whole bunch. But during gameplay the sound was fantastic.

That being said, I still think Crysis was more enjoyable overall. But really, that's a moot point. Why? CAUSE IT'S MY FRIKKEN OPINION!!! I cannot believe you guys are still arguing over this! People have preferences that are different than yours- get over it! I honestly don't care if you like CoD4 a million times more than Crysis or vise-versa... it just does not matter! What does is that you enjoyed one of them! I happen to really like both games, think they were both really well done and a blast to play, but I am not going to sit here and argue with somebody that disagrees with me about Crysis or CoD4 being enjoyable cause that is like trying to convice people to drink or eat a particular substance. Take coffee for example: some people absolutely love it (me), others can't stand it (my sister). Isn't it futile for me to try and change their mind? Maybe coffee just doesn't get along well with their system, maybe it makes them sick- who knows, but they don't like it and that's well enough.

Same goes to games, I enjoyed Crysis, but I also enjoyed CoD4. There are people out there that are going to dispise CoD4 and those that will despise Crysis, the opposite also holds true. It is purely a "preference" issue and one that isn't even debatable. Honestly, I'm surprised this thread is even allowed to continue as there is absolutely zero topic for debate as everything in here is based purely off of opinions and preferences. Those two change from person to person.

I vote for not closing this thread, but deleting it aswell.
You get onto us for having a little debate and yet you write a complete book about the subject? lol.
Tuningmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 03:02 PM   #243
Danothemano
themanotheman
 
Danothemano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 135
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

I can just see this thread getting closed. If you want to keep discussing it, I would suggest stop all of this arguing.
__________________
Antec Earthwatts 430W | Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L | Intel E8400 (Stock) | PNY 8800GT 512MB | 2GB Corsair XMS 800Mhz (2x1024) | Dell 2007WFP | Z-5500
Danothemano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 03:21 PM   #244
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningmaster
You get onto us for having a little debate and yet you write a complete book about the subject? lol.
Well that's the issue- there is no debate. You cannot debate over others' opinions and preferences. Not possible. If this "debate" were over actual debatablele substance I'd be joining in.

All you guys are doing is arguing, plain and simple. No debate, just arguing.

My previous post was so long cause I provided an example to what I was talking about so that I would not be misunderstood. It's happened before.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 03:28 PM   #245
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 462
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Well that's the issue- there is no debate. You cannot debate over others' opinions and preferences. Not possible. If this "debate" were over actual debatablele substance I'd be joining in.

All you guys are doing is arguing, plain and simple. No debate, just arguing.

My previous post was so long cause I provided an example to what I was talking about so that I would not be misunderstood. It's happened before.
Well opinions and preferences aside I stand by what I say about crysis being the buggy mess that it is.
Tuningmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:12 PM   #246
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningmaster
Well opinions and preferences aside I stand by what I say about crysis being the buggy mess that it is.
Well, that's all fine and good. It only had one glitch on my rig, and that's the one I already mentioned. Is this worth debating? No. Who knows what is happening to cause it to be glitchy on your rig but not on mine. It really isn't worth debating. The same can be said for the rest of the topics in this thread.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:46 PM   #247
sammy sung
 
sammy sung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

I like icecream !!!!
__________________
-=[Q9650@3.6GHZ | Thermalright ultra 120 extreme | Antec 1200 |ASUS P5Q-PREMIUM|MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II| Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 4GB]=-
sammy sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:50 PM   #248
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 462
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Well, that's all fine and good. It only had one glitch on my rig, and that's the one I already mentioned. Is this worth debating? No. Who knows what is happening to cause it to be glitchy on your rig but not on mine. It really isn't worth debating. The same can be said for the rest of the topics in this thread.

You dont understand these glitches. The same glitches that I have experienced are also in your copy of Crysis and will not be fixed until a patch is issued.

The funny thing about the glitches in Crysis is the fact that you never know when and where they will happen, you could play through the whole game fine the first time and then get hit with a crap load of them your second time through, its really inconsistent and if you only experienced 1 glitch all the way through the game then count yourself lucky because Crysis is full of physics bugs and other issues that I mentioned which can keep you from completing certain levels.
Tuningmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-08, 04:50 PM   #249
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung
I like icecream !!!!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE-CREAM!!!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:53 PM   #250
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningmaster
You dont understand these glitches. The same glitches that I have experienced are also in your copy of Crysis and will not be fixed until a patch is issued.

The funny thing about the glitches in Crysis is the fact that you never know when and where they will happen, you could play through the whole game fine the first time and then get hit with a crap load of them your second time through, its just inconsistent glitches that pop up whenever they feel like it.
Well, I've yet to play it for a second time. But it took me near a week (not playing straight) to beat the game. You'd think in that amount of time I'd see more glitches if this were such a problem.

I've not read up on it, but isn't it possible that it isn't entirely the game but more of a driver issue (not just video card drivers, also mobo)? Could be any number of things to cause this. Has the source of the problem (this glitch) been pinned down and found to be within the game itself?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 04:54 PM   #251
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 462
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
I've not read up on it, but isn't it possible that it isn't entirely the game but more of a driver issue (not just video card drivers, also mobo)? Could be any number of things to cause this. Has the source of the problem (this glitch) been pinned down and found to be within the game itself?
Like I said, you got lucky if you didnt get many glitches and actually taking your time with the game may have helped. These glitches are inconsistent in the game but are definitely there, they just dont always happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Has the source of the problem (this glitch) been pinned down and found to be within the game itself?
Yes, thats why we are all eagerly awaiting a patch to fix these annoyances.
Tuningmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 05:18 PM   #252
brady
I'm like everyone else.
 
brady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,376
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

I have yet to finish the game but I've played for nearly 15 hours, singleplayer only, and have yet to experience a single "glitch." I did have to reduce the overclock I had on my 8800GTX because it was getting to hot. Other than that I've not had a single problem with the game. Also, I do A LOT of exploring around. Granting that you're right and that Crysis is a glitchy mess, I guess I've just been very lucky. I've only played in DX10 on Vista x86. I play at 1360x768 with edgeAA at 2 and texture streaming off.

I'll be trying Crysis on Vista x64 tomorrow. Hopefully I'm as lucky with the 64bit Crysis as I've been with the 32bit version.

I've not read the whole thread but could somebody summarize what these glitches are suppose to be so I could know what to look out for?
__________________
C2Q @ 3.6GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 8GB DDR2 | EVGA GTX 580 SC 1.5GB | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.