Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-08, 08:13 PM   #265
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Ultimately, no game is perfect
Tell that to Nintendo, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, etc...

Crysis, as well as 99% of the PC games out there, lack polish. That game should've been a lot better for the amount of hype it came packaged with.

And there's nothing opinionated about glitches in that game. These have been documented all over the place; just look below for a prime example. And it's not due to a motherboard or chipset driver... what the heck would that have to do with a helicopter flying upside-down or objects half-way across the screen falling on your character and killing you? Or missing ammo and dead-end missions?
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 08:15 PM   #266
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
I dont get these damn bugs youre talking about.
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 08:39 PM   #267
JasonPC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,103
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Let's face one fact though. Totally scripted games are definitely going to have more polish than sandbox type games. There's less room for things to go wrong. But I agree that Crysis does lack the sort of polish that many other games have. But to me it wasn't enough to dislike the game because it's just my type of game... This thread is really pretty stupid because comparing Uncharted to Crysis is like comparing apples to oranges.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 09:01 PM   #268
hirantha
SUC SUDO
 
hirantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY, Staten Island
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC
Let's face one fact though. Totally scripted games are definitely going to have more polish than sandbox type games. There's less room for things to go wrong. But I agree that Crysis does lack the sort of polish that many other games have. But to me it wasn't enough to dislike the game because it's just my type of game... This thread is really pretty stupid because comparing Uncharted to Crysis is like comparing apples to oranges.
yeah shame on you retards for comparing crysis to some cheap arse game.
__________________
Intel i7 3770K
16 GB DDR3
Evga 670 SLI

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 09:04 PM   #269
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

I like Apples more.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 09:12 PM   #270
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirantha
yeah shame on you retards for comparing crysis to some cheap arse game.
Yeah a cheap arse game that sold far more copies then your golden child... even funnier when you take note the amount of PS3s out there compared to PCs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 09:19 PM   #271
hirantha
SUC SUDO
 
hirantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY, Staten Island
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Yeah a cheap arse game that sold far more copies then your golden child... even funnier when you take note the amount of PS3s out there compared to PCs.
Magus stop hating, you still can join us .....console is too boring, you just insert the disc and start playing where is the fun in that? ...
__________________
Intel i7 3770K
16 GB DDR3
Evga 670 SLI

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 09:23 PM   #272
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Yeah. Don't you miss the action of the crashes to desktop after the 5 ads/intros play? Don't you miss the excitement of waiting another 2 weeks to play a game you own due to promise of drivers and a patch? Don't you miss then waiting another year to play said game due to it being designed for non existent hardware.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-08, 09:26 PM   #273
hirantha
SUC SUDO
 
hirantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY, Staten Island
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Yeah. Don't you miss the action of the crashes to desktop after the 5 ads/intros play? Don't you miss the excitement of waiting another 2 weeks to play a game you own due to promise of drivers and a patch? Don't you miss then waiting another year to play said game due to it being designed for non existent hardware.
thats my point, thats what makes it exciting. they say no pain no gain.
__________________
Intel i7 3770K
16 GB DDR3
Evga 670 SLI

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 10:20 PM   #274
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

this stupid thread still continues?
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-08, 12:47 AM   #275
m3dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Yeah. Don't you miss the action of the crashes to desktop after the 5 ads/intros play? Don't you miss the excitement of waiting another 2 weeks to play a game you own due to promise of drivers and a patch? Don't you miss then waiting another year to play said game due to it being designed for non existent hardware.
ive never had 1 crash, i dont see any of the intros when i start the game up, and i play it on hardware i own today perfectly smoothly at high settings.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-08, 04:03 AM   #276
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
ive never had 1 crash, i dont see any of the intros when i start the game up, and i play it on hardware i own today perfectly smoothly at high settings.
So you've played the imaginary game I was referring too? I mean nowhere in that post did I reference a game?!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.