Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-15-07, 01:25 PM   #25
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
For sometime i was convinced that Crysis is the best looking game on any platform until yesterday

yesterday i was hanging with some buds & one of the PS3 owners brought Uncharted : Drake's Fortune & i have to say i'm friggin' impressed!~
this is the first game that compete with Crysis [DX10] visually IMO. although it has more Pixxar like graphics (not reallife graphics) i've got to say it looks almost perfect!!
i mean the characters animations & detail , the softshadows & the self-shadows (very high-res shadows .. i couldnt notice too much shadow aliasing) , the bump-maps , the waters (ripples & relections) , the lighting & even the vegetation !! everything seems to blend very nicely. top of all it was running smoothly
i guess teh c3ll is finally showing its true power ?!!
the only take on the graphics was the explosions & the fire effects but thats about it.

summary : as a PC semi-fanboy i feel really threatend by the power of the Uncharted graphics.
& for those who will try to downplay that game my advice : Look first! you'll certainly change your mind.
this has to be the funniest post i have seen entire year
Old 12-15-07, 01:48 PM   #26
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I actually think the cartoony style of graphics looks bad. The main guys looks like a default POSER profile..+ hair.
Old 12-15-07, 02:02 PM   #27
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

Crysis no contest.

Edit: I don't even know how you could compare the two. lol.

Custom Crysis map shows just how good Cryengine is with jungles: http://www.stage6.com/user/verw3948/...s-Jungle-Fight
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 02:21 PM   #28
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
Why bother? I looked up a few Uncharted screens and didn't see anything better than maybe Tomb Raider Legends.
Agentkay & all of you guys should see it in action!! i've seen the screens too before & wasnt impressed at all!
again you should see it in action & then judge as you like. the screens doesnt do justice for the quality of the graphics & the animations.
& this is coming from a true PC (& esp Crysis) fan.

one more thing i'd like to add. the game has so many high-res textures mostly everywhere throughout the game which actually counter the saying "consoles = low-rez textures".

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 02:25 PM   #29
|MaguS|

On a technical level Crysis is far better but from an artistic and design aspect, Uncharted blows Crysis away. Crysis looks and feels generic, theres nothing special about the animation or the art behind the game.
Old 12-15-07, 02:25 PM   #30
Jonelo

Edit
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 02:27 PM   #31
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVidi0t
Crysis no contest.

Edit: I don't even know how you could compare the two. lol.

Custom Crysis map shows just how good Cryengine is with jungles: http://www.stage6.com/user/verw3948/...s-Jungle-Fight

What is this map ? Is for capture a video in 720p . You have the original in AVI ?
Old 12-15-07, 02:29 PM   #32
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
On a technical level Crysis is far better but from an artistic and design aspect, Uncharted blows Crysis away. Crysis looks and feels generic, theres nothing special about the animation or the art behind the game.
Thats what i'm talking about. both Crysis & Uncharted look impressive on their own environment.
the point here is that the PS3 delivered what it promised & teh cell shown its power because in no way a 7600GT-hybird GPU can bring such graphics to life.
on the otherside i'm not pretty sure a graphics card like the 8800Ultra can deliever the graphics quality of Uncharted with an acceptable framerate (30+fps) all the time as the PS3 is doing unless some serious optimizing is involved.

POST EDITED.

Old 12-15-07, 02:47 PM   #33
m3dude

rsx is not a 7600 hybrid....
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 02:53 PM   #34
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
The photorealism sounds like that not need a very strong art design , because we see the game like a one movie or the reality , with " feel generic" .

In Uncharted, the game need a strong and evident art desing , because not is posible ofert a photorealism in the world .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photorealism

Quote:
Photorealist painting cannot exist without the photograph. In Photorealism, change and movement must be frozen in time which must then be accurately represented by the artist.[14] Photorealists gather their imagery and information with the camera and photograph. Once the photograph is developed (usually onto a photographic slide) the artist will systematically transfer the image from the photographic slide onto canvases. This is done by either projecting the slide or grid techniques.[15] The resulting images are often direct copies of the original photograph but are usually larger than the original photograph or slide. This results in the photorealist style being tight and precise, often with an emphasis on imagery that requires a high level of technical prowess and virtuosity to simulate, such as reflections in specular surfaces and the geometric rigor of man-made environs.[16]

Some part with art design in Crysis . I believe that not is bad

Old 12-15-07, 03:02 PM   #35
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
rsx is not a 7600 hybrid....
7800-hybrid ? 7900 ? a GF7 series card cant bring such graphics at smooth framerates AFAIK. unless the RSX is as good as an 8800GT.

Old 12-15-07, 03:08 PM   #36
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Crysis is by FARRRRR better then this stupid uncharted game. Uncharted looks like console crap anyhow. Just like people think Far Cry 2 will be something, it won't hold a candle to Crysis.

Crysis just looks a million times more realistic and detailed then any other game atm.

It's gonna be a year or 2 until we see something much better then Crysis I can garentee that. Plus we haven't seen Crysis on the "hidden" visual settings yet.

I still don't understand why stupid people are always trying to knock Crysis. It's such a great game, with sooo much more potential. Anyone ever look at Youtube and search for Crysis physics videos? Omg what a crazy game this is!
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote