Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-15-07, 03:10 PM   #37
m3dude

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

rsx is built off the same core architecture as a 78/7900 but it has changes to make it fit in better as a console part. it doesnt have the bandwidth or pure fillrate as the pc counterpart, but its more efficient and has more shader features/power.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 03:12 PM   #38
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater

I still don't understand why stupid people are always trying to knock Crysis.
Was that directed at me ?
because i never knocked Crysis (& none of the posters in this thread as i conclude from the posts). i've already made my points in the previous posts so read them carefully.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 03:19 PM   #39
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
that uncharted doesn't look anywere crysis
As a PC and PS3 owner, I agree. Night and day difference.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 03:21 PM   #40
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Crysis is by FARRRRR better then this stupid uncharted game. Uncharted looks like console crap anyhow. Just like people think Far Cry 2 will be something, it won't hold a candle to Crysis.

Crysis just looks a million times more realistic and detailed then any other game atm.

It's gonna be a year or 2 until we see something much better then Crysis I can garentee that. Plus we haven't seen Crysis on the "hidden" visual settings yet.

I still don't understand why stupid people are always trying to knock Crysis. It's such a great game, with sooo much more potential. Anyone ever look at Youtube and search for Crysis physics videos? Omg what a crazy game this is!
Ignorance.

Any developer can make a game with amazing graphics. IMO there's nothing impressive about it at all. Style stands out in the croud, that's why Uncharted, IMO, is ahead of Crysis. IMHO this is why I think console games are ahead of PC games and it's likely to stay that way.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 03:35 PM   #41
Jonelo

That is to say, a video game for PC can never have better artistic design than one of console, because is for PC. Very polish argument . Or is my ignorance ?
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 03:54 PM   #42
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
That is to say, a video game for PC can never have better artistic design than one of console, for that is for PC. Very polish argument . Or is my ignorance ?
Of course there are stylish games out there for the PC, just not enough. I'd love to see more. Making a game that looks beautiful without performance issues or having to spend a fortune on up-to-date hardware takes a lot of talent. Thinking a game is stupid just because it doesn't have all the technical bells and whistles is pretty ignorant if you ask me.

Apologies if I misunderstood your post, I found it quite hard to understand.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 03:58 PM   #43
Xion X2

Quote:
Crysis is by FARRRRR better then this stupid uncharted game. Uncharted looks like console crap anyhow.
This statement here epitomizes the problem with PC gaming. The community is filled entirely with graphics whores that sit there and whack-off to their frame counters and call it "fun" or "gaming."

If the PC community were concerned about gameplay elements aside from graphics, we'd actually see some decent titles (aside from that 3,000th FPS released this year that needs multiple patches to function properly) start to trickle in. As it is, developers spend less and less time on gameplay and art design.

And I laugh at those side-by-side "photorealistic" shots of Crysis. The game looks nothing like that while you're playing it since you cannot run AA along with decent levels of filtering at a smooth framerate. There are jaggies all over the place unless you enjoy playing many areas around 20 FPS. The aliasing/shimmering in just the tree leaves is horrible--not to mention on all the buildings and fences when you get close to them.

Yes, quite a polished game. Notice the upside-down helicopter:

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 04:15 PM   #44
wysiwyg

on gametrailers (HD)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28190.html

i remember seeing it on Bravo too

thought it was a 360 game, nothing special plus linear confined environments

not a patch on what the PC can do

Crysis being one

i hate the way Uncharteds devs go on about the water looking realistic (it doesnt) or big up other areas which are ho hum

oh and they talk about Uncharted running at max 30fps :s
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-07, 04:24 PM   #45
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
i hate the way Uncharteds devs go on about the water looking realistic (it doesnt) or big up other areas which are ho hum
In open envireonments (i.e sea waters) it dosent look that good. Bioshock looked better. but in small envireoments (i.e pools , lakes etc..) it does look impressive with all the ripples caused by movement of the player & the evnironment refelctions.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 04:33 PM   #46
mumstheword

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
Thats what i'm talking about. both Crysis & Uncharted look impressive on their own environment.
the point here is that the PS3 delivered what it promised & teh cell shown its power because in no way a 7600GT-hybird GPU can bring such graphics to life.
on the otherside i'm not pretty sure a graphics card like the 8800Ultra can deliever the graphics quality of Uncharted with an acceptable framerate (30+fps) all the time as the PS3 is doing unless some serious optimizing is involved.

POST EDITED.
I disagree with this assessment. The graphics/textures are far from impressive. The only thing going for it is the slick animations. But that has more to do with the art direction than the actual power of the CPU/GPU. It can easily be done on a midrange gaming pc.
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 04:36 PM   #47
wysiwyg

some great footage by 1UP of crysis with inserted chat

http://www.stage6.com/user/loupide/v...1/09/07-Crysis
Old 12-15-07, 04:37 PM   #48
wysiwyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
I disagree with this assessment. The graphics/textures are far from impressive. The only thing going for it is the slick animations. But that has more to do with the art direction than the actual power of the CPU/GPU. It can easily be done on a midrange gaming pc.

agreed

COD4 being one with great animation which looked better than uncharted also