Old 12-15-07, 06:07 PM   #50
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
plus the fact you thought this looks better than crysis says it all

time for some glasses

LOL! that whole thread was a sarcasm . quite the contrary , the point was shwoing how Crysis is ahead of its time when this ^^ will be the graphics of 2009 & how performance was so bad for the graphics shown in the screenshots of Underwater Wars.

maybe i should put 10x 's to my sarcastic posts next time ... some of you guys are amazing

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 06:41 PM   #51
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
Agentkay & all of you guys should see it in action!! i've seen the screens too before & wasnt impressed at all!
again you should see it in action & then judge as you like. the screens doesnt do justice for the quality of the graphics & the animations.
& this is coming from a true PC (& esp Crysis) fan.

one more thing i'd like to add. the game has so many high-res textures mostly everywhere throughout the game which actually counter the saying "consoles = low-rez textures".
I just don't bother to argue about which is better because I haven't seen anything but screenshots from Uncharted. I don't mean it in a disrespectful way towards you and if I had a chance to see it in person I'd would check it out.

I also don't think that animations and art are so bad in Crysis, actually I haven't a single Uncharted screenshot that has much better art.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 06:42 PM   #52
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
This statement here epitomizes the problem with PC gaming. The community is filled entirely with graphics whores that sit there and whack-off to their frame counters and call it "fun" or "gaming."

If the PC community were concerned about gameplay elements aside from graphics, we'd actually see some decent titles (aside from that 3,000th FPS released this year that needs multiple patches to function properly) start to trickle in. As it is, developers spend less and less time on gameplay and art design.

And I laugh at those side-by-side "photorealistic" shots of Crysis. The game looks nothing like that while you're playing it since you cannot run AA along with decent levels of filtering at a smooth framerate. There are jaggies all over the place unless you enjoy playing many areas around 20 FPS. The aliasing/shimmering in just the tree leaves is horrible--not to mention on all the buildings and fences when you get close to them.
What game is this ? 20 fps no AA, tree leaves horrible etc ? This - in one 8800 GT and 1680 x 1050 , and without any tweak in the autoexe

Quote:
oh and they talk about Uncharted running at max 30fps :s
Max 30 and min 15fps ? Like Crysis in very high in Win XP and some tweaks , at 720 p ? The console boys in my country said about 60 fps
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 06:49 PM   #53
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
I just don't bother to argue about which is better because I haven't seen anything but screenshots from Uncharted. I don't mean it in a disrespectful way towards you and if I had a chance to see it in person I'd would check it out.
Well of course its your call afterall but i'll seriously recommend everyone to take a look at it .. even out of curiosity. maybe if you have a friend who has a PS3 or from a nearby video games store ..

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 07:07 PM   #54
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i seen it yesterday, one of my retarted friends have PS3. Uncharted is no where near Crysis visually.
Old 12-15-07, 07:09 PM   #55
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
What game is this ? 20 fps no AA, tree leaves horrible etc ? This - in one 8800 GT and 1680 x 1050 , and without any tweak in the autoexe

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6942/crysis47qe5.jpg

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9035/crysis25tq9.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1092/crysis40sq7.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4494/crysis30dr8.jpg

Max 30 and min 15fps ? Like Crysis in very high in Win XP and some tweaks , at 720 p ? The console boys in my country said about 60 fps
Hate to piss on your bonfire, but posting screens with 28-31 FPS while **** ALL is going on, is NOT going to help your argument. I played Crysis with two 8800GT's in SLi and the games framerate degrades the further you get into it. For Crysis to look as good as everyone says it is, you have to spend an awful lot of money on a PC, and the framerate/performance is still inconsistant.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 07:16 PM   #56
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Hate to piss on your bonfire, but posting screens with 28-31 FPS while **** ALL is going on, is NOT going to help your argument. I played Crysis with two 8800GT's in SLi and the games framerate degrades the further you get into it. For Crysis to look as good as everyone says it is, you have to spend an awful lot of money on a PC, and the framerate is still inconsistant.
well to be fair to the console, he could cost screenshots with details turned down, and res at 720p or lower.

Old 12-15-07, 07:30 PM   #57
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
I disagree with this assessment. The graphics/textures are far from impressive. The only thing going for it is the slick animations. But that has more to do with the art direction than the actual power of the CPU/GPU. It can easily be done on a midrange gaming pc.
On a mid-ranged PC!? Oh, don't make me laugh, you're giving FAR to much credit to PC coders.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 07:49 PM   #58
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Crysis is generic? pffft ahahaahaha! yea...i see so many games that offer the flexability of the nanosuit. Pfft I wish. The freedom you get with that thing is insane.. and makes the game a blast to play. The environment is open, and you are free to go at it guns blazing, stealth, vehicals..wtf ever.

Uncharted looks like a cartoony tomb raider with more open spaces.

And ive seen the HD movies on gametrailers, theres NOTHING special about the graphics. It looks quiteabit next gen, but the lighting is nothing special, the models are a joke, the action is a joke. If anyones generic, its uncharted.
Old 12-15-07, 08:21 PM   #59
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Hate to piss on your bonfire, but posting screens with 28-31 FPS while **** ALL is going on, is NOT going to help your argument. I played Crysis with two 8800GT's in SLi and the games framerate degrades the further you get into it. For Crysis to look as good as everyone says it is, you have to spend an awful lot of money on a PC, and the framerate is still inconsistant.
But you played in very high , and compared Crysis in very high with Uncharted ? Those screens are in high , at 1680 x 1050, at 30 fps, like Uncharter at 720p . The people played Crysis in high at 1680 x 1050 with one 8800 GT. Looks worse than Uncharted ?

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/3...1890x19kx4.jpg

And you have many mods and tweaks for run at more than 30 fps with some settings in very high .
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 08:36 PM   #60
JohnDio

Just to remind you too how good Crysis can get

JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote