Need some anisotropic filter more, but looks like Uncharter
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 08:39 PM   #62
Redeemed

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
Need some anisotropic filter more, but looks like Uncharter
Um, no. So far I've not seen one screenie of charter that had nearly as much foliage that looked nearly as realistic as that of Crysis. Uncharted looks great- but definitely no Crysis beater.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 08:53 PM   #63
JohnDio

Jonelo was sarcastic . And i really hope that we'll find a solution for the non-existent AF when we have enabled POM. I want both of them, but right now i can live and without AF, although it would be great to have them both
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 08:55 PM   #64
Xion X2

The problem is that once you crank the graphics up on Crysis to where it spanks anything out there, it crawls. Jonelo can post all these candid shots he wants to, but I have played that game on an overclocked, watercooled Ultra, and it still crawls when you have action on-screen and are in wide-open areas with sunlight effects.

There's a lot of misrepresentation going on here... too many with a boner for Crysis and little interest in sticking to the facts. Even with 3 Ultras and hardly any AA/AF enabled, Crysis will slow all the way down to 14fps in some areas. Given the below, imagine what it does on a single card... actually, it shows it. 4 fps. On an 8800 Ultra.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 08:59 PM   #65
JohnDio

Lower the resolution then and enable 16xCSAA. Can you see a lot of jaggies in the above 1024x768 screenshots? Sure there are some but it looks great and runs at 30fps average (in both benchmarks and in those jungle levels with the enemies) on a single 8800GTX (@ 630/1010)
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 09:07 PM   #66
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio
Lower the resolution then and enable 16xCSAA. Can you see a lot of jaggies in the above 1024x768 screenshots? Sure there are some but it looks great and runs at 30fps average (in both benchmarks and in those jungle levels with the enemies) on a single 8800GTX (@ 630/1010)
No thanks. I stopped playing games at 1024x768 about 4 years ago.

Like many others, I game on an LCD monitor with a native res much higher than that. If I had a 1024x768 CRT that did not deal with a scaling problem then it might be a different story.

Jaggies do not show as well in screenshots, either. They show mostly when the scene is in motion--especially in the trees.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 12-15-07, 10:19 PM   #67
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
The problem is that once you crank the graphics up on Crysis to where it spanks anything out there, it crawls. Jonelo can post all these candid shots he wants to, but I have played that game on an overclocked, watercooled Ultra, and it still crawls when you have action on-screen and are in wide-open areas with sunlight effects.

There's a lot of misrepresentation going on here... too many with a boner for Crysis and little interest in sticking to the facts. Even with 3 Ultras and hardly any AA/AF enabled, Crysis will slow all the way down to 14fps in some areas. Given the below, imagine what it does on a single card... actually, it shows it. 4 fps. On an 8800 Ultra.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4...9453197vy6.png
But is in very high , high resolution and and strong - custom -? This is for the future , two years to the future .

The screens of the last page are are in high , and the game is playable in high, the people played in high . You have a very high resolution monitor ? Well , is your problem , select the settings in high and some settings in medium . Not is easy run the games at high resolution but today and ever . And with some tweaks the game run with many settings of very high with the some perfomance than high

Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 10:51 PM   #68
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

why is performance of current computers being factored into the equation? the argument isnt if it RUNS better..only that it LOOKS better.

Old 12-15-07, 11:00 PM   #69
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
why is performance of current computers being factored into the equation? the argument isnt if it RUNS better..only that it LOOKS better.
QFT. Some people just get their panties in a wad over Crysis not playing butter-smooth with everything 100% maxed out at high-resolutions. Cevat warned us all that no computer today could play Crysis with everything maxed, we were warned. It's not his nor Crytek's fault ya'll didn't pay attention. They delivered what they promised. Nothing less, and nothing more.

Anyhow, this is about which game looks better, and running at the absolute highest settings Crysis looks night and day better. Might run like @$$ but the fact remains it still *looks* better.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 11:03 PM   #70
aceflier
Bringer of teh Welt

Crysis does not have to be maxed out to make any other game out look dated. Id say crysis at medium is on par with any game out there. Comparing crysis to a console game is funny though. No comparison.

I also dont get why people say it runs like crap in dx10 (crysis). Because for me at 1680x1050 mostly very high settings (shaders/shodows on high)compared to the dx9 tweaked (to look like dx10) it runs better in dx10. I get this from using the crysis benchmark tool I tested 10's of different cfg's against dx10 w/screenshots and this was my outcome.

Uncharted is ok for a console game but in no way can it compare to crysis. (Textures/lighting/particle effects/Physics)
128gb Crusial Real SSD
750gb WD Black
Buggy wife RMA next week
Vantage P43697 3DMarks
3D Mark 11 P10008
aceflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 12:14 AM   #71
Xion X2

Jonelo is not some kind of guru that has some hidden wisdom about how to optimize Crysis. I've ran the game with high/medium settings without any AA/AF, and it will still struggle when you get open landscapes on the screen with allies/enemies. It does this both in DX10 and in DX9 w/ the DX10 tweaks. And this is with my Ultra overclocked to 702/1800/2300 with high settings, including shadows (medium shadows look terrible, IMO.)

I run a 1680x1050 monitor, and unless I back the resolution down to 1280xXXX, which looks terrible due to downscaling, then my framerate in some places will still dip down to 22-25fps which is just too low for a PC title. And that's on the beginning level which is one of the better optimized parts in the game.

It's easy to cherry-pick screenshots, but it doesn't change the facts. Even on high settings the game runs slow in many areas as review sites have shown. Very high settings will make around a 10 fps difference on your minimum; it's not a night and day difference like Jonelo is making it out to be. If he really wanted to prove something, then he'd go run a fraps benchmark with recorded logs/frames and post his results like these review sites have done. That will give us a more accurate average and also record the minimums which tell the story of true performance.

Quote:
Yes, because playing FPS's as a slideshow is always barrels of fun. Mouse lag FTW. Really improves your aim.

This is what kills me about some of you guys. You couldn't care less if a game plays like run-over dog $h!t just as long as it *looks good*. If you're not playing a game to play a game, then what the hell are you doing it for? To look at the pretty picture? Well, if you want to take a look at something that *looks good* then just look out your window or put on an HD-DVD or Blu-ray movie. Both of those look even better and run at a better framerate. Neither require a patch or a driver update, either.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 12-16-07, 12:35 AM   #72
parecon

As a owner and lover of Crysis and PS3 (Uncharted), there isn't even a slight arguement. Crysis is by far miles ahead of Uncharted. Although, Uncharted is a wicked game, Crysis is by far better looking environmentally. I would say even at medium settings there is still no chance for a discussion. I have no idea what people are talking about...

| Intel E67oo @ 3.4 | EVGA nForce 68oi SLI | EVGA 88oo GTX Superclocked @ 634.1010 | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2 8oo | 15o GB Raptor | X-Fi XtremeMusic |

| AMD 48oo+ X2 | Asus A8N-SLI Premium | XFX 79oo GTX EE | 2 GB OCZ Titanium DDR 4oo | 15o GB Raptor | WD 5oo GB |Audigy 2 ZS Platinum |
parecon is offline   Reply With Quote