Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-16-07, 06:27 PM   #49
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Default Re: So it seems that UT3 & Crysis have'nt sold well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega
Yeah but not all games run smooth so for me Sony talk about smooth 30 or 60 fps is sensless. UT3 graphic is nothing special it can run more than 100FPS on 8800GT so theres nothing amaizing in smooth 60fPS on PS3.
Show me where Sony talks about framerate. Matter of fact the only game they really talked about framerate was GT:HD and the Prologue.

What Sony first/second party games do you know of that run like crap so I can see what "Sony talk" you're referring to.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 11:40 PM   #50
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I have played UT3 on the PS3 and it's above 30 easily, I would say. Very smooth... it does move slower than the PC version, but it's by design, has nothing to do with frames.

As for the low sales of these games... well, console gaming is taking over, and pirating lowers sales. No surprise on either front.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 01:32 AM   #51
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Show me where Sony talks about framerate. Matter of fact the only game they really talked about framerate was GT:HD and the Prologue.

What Sony first/second party games do you know of that run like crap so I can see what "Sony talk" you're referring to.
Lair and Jericho, Motorstorm also got some frame drops. Others developers like sone always saying "game will run 1020 with smoth 60 FPS"
Old 12-17-07, 02:41 AM   #52
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Lair and Jericho, Motorstorm also got some frame drops. Others developers like sone always saying "game will run 1020 with smoth 60 FPS"
Stop pulling things from no where. Lair and Jericho aren't Sony first party games. Motorstorm doesn't really suffer from any major framerate drops that I know of either.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 06:28 AM   #53
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Quote:
What "antal" and omsattning mean?

Magnus this game will sell milions for sure. And maybe you don't know but WoW is biggest cash-making game ever and there is any game on next gens that can compare to WoW sell So stop fighting for consoles and go play.
"antal" = numbers, or units, how many copies sold in this case.
"omsättning" = how much money this would represent.

Well theres a good reason I didnt buy Crysis, My puter can't handle it, Ill however buy it when my puter is up to speed.

U3 I dunno, ive not bought that one yet either and when I saw it in stores i was shocked, I had no forewarning from magazines or anything. So maybe bad marketing is to blame
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 10:45 AM   #54
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Not good news but it's to be expected I guess. Truth of the matter is PC games are in the minority as far as "where the money is" which sadly results in less companies wanting to get involved in it. We as true PC gamers suffer the consequences of this resulting in more bad ports with less emphasis on truly exploiting our hardware as game makers just aren't devoting as much time making the games.

UT3 I'm not surprised. Why Epic chose Midway, I'll never know. As soon as I found out it was Midway doing that game, I just went "jeez".
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 12:45 PM   #55
mojoman0

so Crysis not selling well only gives me the impression that it will have to be released for consoles to regain some of the development costs...
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 12:58 PM   #56
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

So a game that cut off an entire level of an ending to get it to the market on time, coded horribly, and can't run decent on even a quad sli 8800 ultra rig sells poorly, a demo which demonstrated this poor performance also came out ahead of the game.

A second game, which runs well, but looks like ass and plays as stale as Zeldafans tronies after a weekend of ocarina of time also sells poorly.

Hmm...pc gaming is dying or developers are killing it?

It's been proven over and over, make a solid all around game and you will have solid all around sales.

Make a sh*tty port (ut3) or a pc exclusive (crysis) that cant even run on the highest-end pc and yeah, gernally that would mean low sales.

What are people suppose to do? Flock to a game they cant run and a game they've played 4 times already, with slightly updated graphics.

Sick of pirating always being the "culprit".

If developers would make something worth $50 people would pay it.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-07, 01:30 PM   #57
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriTonin
So a game that cut off an entire level of an ending to get it to the market on time, coded horribly, and can't run decent on even a quad sli 8800 ultra rig sells poorly, a demo which demonstrated this poor performance also came out ahead of the game.

A second game, which runs well, but looks like ass and plays as stale as Zeldafans tronies after a weekend of ocarina of time also sells poorly.

Hmm...pc gaming is dying or developers are killing it?

It's been proven over and over, make a solid all around game and you will have solid all around sales.

Make a sh*tty port (ut3) or a pc exclusive (crysis) that cant even run on the highest-end pc and yeah, gernally that would mean low sales.

What are people suppose to do? Flock to a game they cant run and a game they've played 4 times already, with slightly updated graphics.

Sick of pirating always being the "culprit".

If developers would make something worth $50 people would pay it.
Like System Shock? Or Thief? Or any number of other great games that were killed off because of poor sales?
Old 12-17-07, 04:23 PM   #58
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Like System Shock? Or Thief? Or any number of other great games that were killed off because of poor sales?
Those were quiet titles with little to no advertising or hype. Word of mouth is what got either of those games to sell at all.

Consoles have their ico's and shadow colossus's of the world.

Hell, even FF 12 sold horrible in the states on ps2. Guess that means console games are being pirated to death too!!!!

This is the cycle. All the big, famous people, like EA put out a half assed title with lots of build-up and hype, then some little guy with an actual decent game makes something like system shock, but has no credibility as a developer, has no money for advertising but does have a damn good game.

Jakup, I know your prolly the most biased gamer for pc's. Even YOU have to admit, Unreal Tournament 3 was a HUGE disappointment.

Say what you want about Crysis and graphics, obviously a man with 3-way Sli wants graphics, so crysis can be justified for you by it's looks, I can accept that.

But Ut3? The revamped, much worse version of onslaught, or warfare or whatever that fading memory is that used to be fun in 2k4....the 6 map arsenal of ctf levels, I mean, where's the selling point? I know people who stole the game, just downloaded it off a torrent and STILL deleted it and were disappointed.

That's pretty rough, when your disappointed by something you didn't even pay for.

I'm not saying stealing it is right cause it sucks - by no means is it.

My point is if freeloaders think it's garbage, why would an honest man...or woman want to plunk down $55 on it?

The biggest difference is you claimed system shock and other great games to die because of low sales.

Biased or not, the fact remains, crysis and ut3 aren't great games...
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 06:11 PM   #59
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I think UT3 is a great game... maybe not for the 2K4 people, but for fans of 99, it's awesome.

And just because Crysis will take a year to work right doesn't mean it's not an awesome game.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 06:17 PM   #60
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero
I think UT3 is a great game... maybe not for the 2K4 people, but for fans of 99, it's awesome.

And just because Crysis will take a year to work right doesn't mean it's not an awesome game.
Yeah all console fun boys got fun now. But in the other hand Crysis with tweaked ini runs smooth on medium-high on 8800GT, 4GB ram and C2D and looks MUCH better than GoW or Halo 3 on X0... and I wouldn't say anything about physic which depent on hardware power too... Crysis is just from other planet console games physic is far away from that what we can se in Crysis.