Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-17-07, 06:30 PM   #61
XDanger
Whaaat?

Default Re: So it seems that UT3 & Crysis have'nt sold well....

probly about 10% of people who play pc games have a pc that can play Crysis at a decent level.
Like its been said before ,Its a slow burner.

As soon as dells mid range can handle it . . .
XDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 06:31 PM   #62
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Noriega, err, no they arnt. Infact we will probably see more console games using advanced physics then PC because the programmers will actually slap it onto one of the cores (ps3 has its own chip too), not the half assed attempts at moving physics off onto its own core for "awsomeness" that we see on pc.

Seri, whats so bad about warfare? its onslaught renamed. I didn't notice anything special about it. UT3 is fine.. and its life span will be increased with the plethora of mods and maps that will be released for it just like the old UT.

Maybe you guys all forgot... but did all your fav UT maps actually come with the game? We could exclude 2004 cause most of its awsome maps came out on 2003 (^^), but frankly it was all filler untill the great user created maps and mutators came out.
Old 12-17-07, 06:41 PM   #63
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
Noriega, err, no they arnt. Infact we will probably see more console games using advanced physics then PC because the programmers will actually slap it onto one of the cores (ps3 has its own chip too), not the half assed attempts at moving physics off onto its own core for "awsomeness" that we see on pc.

Seri, whats so bad about warfare? its onslaught renamed. I didn't notice anything special about it. UT3 is fine.. and its life span will be increased with the plethora of mods and maps that will be released for it just like the old UT.

Maybe you guys all forgot... but did all your fav UT maps actually come with the game? We could exclude 2004 cause most of its awsome maps came out on 2003 (^^), but frankly it was all filler untill the great user created maps and mutators came out.
Halo 3, GoW, Forza Motorsport 2 ( where cars can't even rollover) YES THAT'S A TRUE NEXT-GEN PHYSIC!

I didin't saw anything like Crysis physic in any game on X0. I think future will be in Ageia hand and PPU just look at this
http://www.ageia.com/physx/tech_demos.html
PPU can handle physic much better than 3 cores in X0.
Old 12-17-07, 07:31 PM   #64
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger
probly about 10% of people who play pc games have a pc that can play Crysis at a decent level.
Like its been said before ,Its a slow burner.

As soon as dells mid range can handle it . . .
As soon as dells mid range can handle it, but the market is dyin cause they didn't buy it N-O-W.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 10:13 PM   #65
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega
Halo 3, GoW, Forza Motorsport 2 ( where cars can't even rollover) YES THAT'S A TRUE NEXT-GEN PHYSIC!

I didin't saw anything like Crysis physic in any game on X0. I think future will be in Ageia hand and PPU just look at this
http://www.ageia.com/physx/tech_demos.html
PPU can handle physic much better than 3 cores in X0.
Theres about as many PC users useing Ageia chips as there are xbox owners with ageia chips. PC users are accelerating physics the same way xbox users are, cpu (even though technicaly the 8800 GPU can do some). Also the ps3 does have a PPU.

You show me an xbox game that has bad physics, and I'll name you 2 pc games with just the same. ^^ Some games have it..some...don't. It is hardware independent at this stage really.
Old 12-17-07, 11:54 PM   #66
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0
so Crysis not selling well only gives me the impression that it will have to be released for consoles to regain some of the development costs...
Only with the Germany sales in November and December , EA regain the development costs . And in this game , the window for the sales are a two or three years , like Far Cry , without greats variations in the sales. Today , not exist in the world , PCs for run Crysis , except the PC s of Crytek , NASA and gametrailers - Kotatu dixit-
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 07:53 AM   #67
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
Theres about as many PC users useing Ageia chips as there are xbox owners with ageia chips. PC users are accelerating physics the same way xbox users are, cpu (even though technicaly the 8800 GPU can do some). Also the ps3 does have a PPU.

You show me an xbox game that has bad physics, and I'll name you 2 pc games with just the same. ^^ Some games have it..some...don't. It is hardware independent at this stage really.
Sorry but I never saw something like Cell Factor and Crysis on console. Most of games are UE3 whre is only ragdoll and not much objects to destroy. In Crisis you can destroy whole vilage and cut the forest how you want compare this to GoW, Halo3 or Timeshift ?
Old 12-18-07, 08:36 AM   #68
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega
Sorry but I never saw something like Cell Factor and Crysis on console. Most of games are UE3 whre is only ragdoll and not much objects to destroy. In Crisis you can destroy whole vilage and cut the forest how you want compare this to GoW, Halo3 or Timeshift ?
Cell Factor is comming to 360, but not for free as the PC version >_>

It's gonna be sweet, going down to the local game store, pay 100usd for a techdemo that used to be free. SWEET!
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-07, 09:28 AM   #69
3DBrad

IIRC, the PS3 doesn't have a "PPU" it's just the physics are geared toward the PS3's CPU.
Old 12-18-07, 10:18 AM   #70
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

I think you missed my point.

I never claimed UT3 and Crysis were great games, although I do think Crysis is, actually my favorite game this year was Bioshock.

You said that developers should make games that are worth $50 and people will buy it, well games are released all the time that are worth the money and people don't buy it. Just like System Shock and Thief.

I am the most biased gamer? Biased towards what? Games I enjoy? I have said before that UT3 is a disappointment to me, I don't think Crysis is though. Although I will admit that Crysis runs worse on cutting edge PC's today than FarCry did in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriTonin
Those were quiet titles with little to no advertising or hype. Word of mouth is what got either of those games to sell at all.

Consoles have their ico's and shadow colossus's of the world.

Hell, even FF 12 sold horrible in the states on ps2. Guess that means console games are being pirated to death too!!!!

This is the cycle. All the big, famous people, like EA put out a half assed title with lots of build-up and hype, then some little guy with an actual decent game makes something like system shock, but has no credibility as a developer, has no money for advertising but does have a damn good game.

Jakup, I know your prolly the most biased gamer for pc's. Even YOU have to admit, Unreal Tournament 3 was a HUGE disappointment.

Say what you want about Crysis and graphics, obviously a man with 3-way Sli wants graphics, so crysis can be justified for you by it's looks, I can accept that.

But Ut3? The revamped, much worse version of onslaught, or warfare or whatever that fading memory is that used to be fun in 2k4....the 6 map arsenal of ctf levels, I mean, where's the selling point? I know people who stole the game, just downloaded it off a torrent and STILL deleted it and were disappointed.

That's pretty rough, when your disappointed by something you didn't even pay for.

I'm not saying stealing it is right cause it sucks - by no means is it.

My point is if freeloaders think it's garbage, why would an honest man...or woman want to plunk down $55 on it?

The biggest difference is you claimed system shock and other great games to die because of low sales.

Biased or not, the fact remains, crysis and ut3 aren't great games...
Old 12-18-07, 10:43 AM   #71
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
I think you missed my point.

I never claimed UT3 and Crysis were great games, although I do think Crysis is, actually my favorite game this year was Bioshock.

You said that developers should make games that are worth $50 and people will buy it, well games are released all the time that are worth the money and people don't buy it. Just like System Shock and Thief.

I am the most biased gamer? Biased towards what? Games I enjoy? I have said before that UT3 is a disappointment to me, I don't think Crysis is though. Although I will admit that Crysis runs worse on cutting edge PC's today than FarCry did in the day.
I didn't mean you're biased in a bad way. I mean't you're an enthusiast.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 01:47 PM   #72
Hoopla

I think that the UT franchise has run its course and needs to go away with the dodo. This last installment just proves it.

Just saying...