Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-15-07, 04:15 PM   #1
hyperxola

Default RHGB works 'part-time'

I'm running FC6, and ever since a while ago, a LONG while, I've lost RHGB. THe RHGB loss is triggered by my putting in new graphics cards.

3 days ago, i went into grub.conf and added RHGB after the kernel commands, and found that I got a black screen instead of the nVidia logo and the RHGB screen. After a while, the nVidia logo comes up and login screen appears. Without doing any changes to the codes, RHGB works after I restart from Windows XP, but i'm not sure if that's always the case.

I would really like to get this fixed, any help is appreciated.

side note, what's the difference between the nvidia driver and the nv driver? nvidia works fine but not nv... (see attachment)

--------------------------------

Edit: RHGB doesn't work after restrt from Windows, but after any forced shutdowns, like pressing power button for 4secs and reset button
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-Video Card.png
Views:	103
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	29427  

Last edited by hyperxola; 12-16-07 at 08:16 PM.
hyperxola is offline   Reply With Quote