Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-16-07, 11:45 PM   #1
renito73

Default GeForce 7300 & S-Video

Hello

I have a GeForce 7300 and want to try my S-Video output, but have two doubts:

As far as I understand I need to modify my xorg.conf but want to use my CRT monitor for daily work and sometimes the TV for some game, etc. It would be great to use both simultaneously so should I Use de TwinView? and how do I specify the resolution for the S-Video output or which one should I use?

The other doubt... My TV has not S-Video input (only RCA), but found in steren a S-Video/RCA converter and a device with different S-Video/RCA/Coaxial inputs and outputs... would the simple adapter work or need the other device with lots of connections?

Thanks for any help
renito73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 02:06 AM   #2
Gurpartap Singh

Default Re: GeForce 7300 & S-Video

Hi,

I'm having the same case.

I got a new S-Video to RCA cable for my XFX 7300 GS. For just experiment purpose and out of curiosity I want to try to get TV working with the card.

There doesn't seem to be any guide about it, for using under Linux or Windows platform. Although this is the first 10 minutes of my searching on Google.

Actually, I tried simply attaching the tv using the S-Video to RCA cable, nothing happened. The RCA plugs were Red and White, today i got one with a yellow one and going to attempt again. If i get success, will report back.

If anyone can point us to a correct link it would be of great help!
Gurpartap Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 04:22 AM   #3
fldc

Send a message via ICQ to fldc Send a message via MSN to fldc Send a message via Yahoo to fldc
Default Re: GeForce 7300 & S-Video

Have you read the TV-OUT section in the README, that would help?
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree8...hapter-16.html
And some TV:s can handle the S-VIDEO signal (S-VHS/S-VIDEO can be choosen instead of AV-1/AV-2 or similar), RCA plugs with S-VIDEO input exists for this purpose, else try the COMPOSITE option if using some kind of converter.
fldc is offline   Reply With Quote