Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-25-07, 01:45 AM   #37
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: End game...is it the end for some?

looks good to me
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-07, 07:29 AM   #38
Tr1cK
not coming back

FWIW, my build is primarily for tanking and raids. That's why I have the talent to give me extra rage on enrage. I do not shift much.

Shredding Attacks is only good for grouping. Shred is pretty much a boss fight skill and Lacerate is for tanking only, unless you need to throw a quick bleed on in PvP.

The stun would be better for PvP. It used to be more worthwhile, because at 60, I think you needed the extra second to get off a heal if you shifted back to caster. It's been a while since I have been 60, so I may be wrong.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-07, 03:23 PM   #39
GeeTeeEx

just like diablo series... once u make ur character godlike and indestructible, u dont know wat else to do. u feel like u wasted all that time XD. thats why i stay away from mmo's nowadays. fps is the way to go =)
GeeTeeEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-07, 11:15 PM   #40
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Do what i'm doing atm. Spend 4 weeks getting the Season 1 gear via AV, then start doing Arena.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 11:23 PM   #41
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
My coworker just recently got me started in WOW. Been playing for a while and so far the game is OK but not something uber special. I think I need more PvP in a game like this.

My thing in MMO's is building exotic GvG or PvG character specs and then going in large RPK (random player kill parties) that just arbitrarily raise hell in enemy cities. Just doesn't seem like that is very viable in this game, this game seems mostly about PvE and nothing else.

FWIW I am building a nightelf druid right now.
More PVP?
What level is your toon?
There isnt a lot of PVP for the first 20 levels, but it takes off after that.

I have been involved in raids where we will send 50-100 players into an alliance town and take it down.
There are battlegrounds as well and just normal PVP game play.

I think you can have as much or as little PVP as you chose in wow, its up to how you want to play.
Old 01-04-08, 11:06 AM   #42
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
More PVP?
What level is your toon?
There isnt a lot of PVP for the first 20 levels, but it takes off after that.

I have been involved in raids where we will send 50-100 players into an alliance town and take it down.
There are battlegrounds as well and just normal PVP game play.
I imagine this doesn't happen much on RP servers? I think I've seen it happen only once so far, and even though my toon is only level 20 I've been around a bit.

What server do most people here play on BTW?

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-08, 03:23 PM   #43
Tr1cK
not coming back

Mainly, I'm on Zul'jin horde.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 04:36 PM   #44
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

I'm on Windrunner
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-08, 07:54 PM   #45
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I have a 70 druid and warrior, both tanks lol.

I just don't have much interest in the game anymore since most people I know quit or play on different servers or faction. I'm in the process of leveling an Ally on a PvP server just to play with one guy I know.

The best thing about the game died for me when they quit. Co-op play is my favorite style of all and I haven't been able to do it in months.
I still play, but know what you're saying. For me, the best fun I had in game was when Gilthanas and I were questing together. Some of that went to the way side, partially as my own fault. At the time, I remembered all too well when I was lvl 12 or 13, and joined the guild of mostly 60s. They didn't even think that perhaps bringing some others in around my level might be a good idea, and so for a fair time I was the last. It wasn't until I was in the 30s, anyone else gout guild invited, and they were all around lvl 13, or above 40 (one of which /gquit, and re-joined after he was much higher lvl), and same deal, as my guy stagnated a bit in the 30s with no decent weap I could afford. I trudged through it though, as a friend I had met first day I got the game, continued making new chars and going back to lvl 1, as I had with him some before. It wasn't until I was mounted, reality struck for him, and he figured he best lvl when he saw my mount and was like OMG...

Funny thing, this was also around the time Gilthanas joined guild, I was aware of him, but we hadn't become friends then, and tbh it would have been too soon. He was like 10+ lvls over me, and I noticed then when he joined with a, he'd be surprised to hear, but "oh schucks, another person just out of my lvl range". But after about a day grinding gold to buy some rare weapon, I got out of the slump, and was getting a lvl a day there abouts until 50 or so.

There is a reason Gilthanas remembered Feralas as being some of the most fun we had, though we played many places since; and at the time I was so focused on hitting 60 (this was in 2006), getting reps, whatever; I rushed through it all perhaps a little too much in wanting to play with various other people I had only hitherto been able to speak with. He felt it necessary at a certain point to play "catch up", and would ask about my reps, whatever, trying to find something he could beat me on Wasn't until I already reached the goal, and latter had to (changing characters), re-do everything we had done together, with no idea if I'd see him again or not (he came back in Dec 06, but many thought he was gone for good then), that it hit me.

But now moving into January, I had no idea how to explain this this to him, and here we were with almost everything done, and nothing we could do together; until BC came out. We rushed through it all, and whatever we wanted in terms of doing stuff together, we largely ran out. I knew, and I knew I was the one who created this, in focusing enough on the goal, to rush past the fun we were having.

It went sour in March, but the worst part, I didn't even know it was happening. And here Gilthanas was, ready to do whatever he felt I wanted, to go along with anything; all ready to comply when I didn't even know I was speaking to him, and because of that non-awareness never really wanted/meant what I was saying. Thought it was some harassing game player, of which I ran into many around that time and after, and from there... He never should have gone along, especially if he did not want to; and he never should have held his tongue the way he did. The most important thing he could have said "but I am Gilthanas"; and everything would have changed, and we could have got back to what really mattered.

Since that time though, one friend after another had realm transfered, gone elsewhere, created a horde char on a PvP server, etc. With most everyone I knew gone, the guild I was in stagnating, and then the guild master going AFK for a long time so no raides could happen, repping remained the only viable thing. And grinding == druge work == boring.

There's been times, where it's felt like being left to the wolves, aka beggers, griefers, gold sellers, and anyone I care about gone. Only thing is, one doesn't really feel like giving the time of day to many of these; when their friends are gone, one by one... One friend finally did end up comming back, and others have logged to chat from time to time, but largely, but...

Yes, it's one's friends who make it fun. Yeah, I'll build some more guys up, get on with some raides, etc... But all said, I now doubt things will ever be as fun as they once were.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 03:03 AM   #46
Rakeesh

I've been playing on forgotten coast for a week now on and off, got my tauren druid to level 22 and just now started actively going PVP.

My first day, and 23 kills already without even touching battlegrounds or arena yet I started off going into ashenvale forest and soloing random questers who were all by themselves (mostly same level as me, give or take one.) Killed two or three or so, then headed down to stonetalon and I jumped 25 palladin from cat form, and he only had 10% health left when he finally beat me. Not bad for me being 3 levels below him, and a newb at pvp.

Not wanting to give up, I fought him again and when I was down to 10% left, some random horde player showed up and dropped me a heal, so I totally pwned him

Shortly after that, we had more alliance and horde players converging in that area, and we had a 3v3ish group which later expanded to a 4v4ish group, us mostly low 20's, them upper 20's. We still kicked their asses, and we kept going at it for a while. That 25 palladin really had it in for me as he kept trying to single me out, and I would keep running, healing, returning and pummeling him, and I kept getting the kill shot on him each time he died

The alliance players seemed to disappear after a while, so our group figured we would see if they ran off to stonetalon peak. Instead what we found was a different set of ally players, and we pwned them too until a level 33 something (had ?? for all of us, so we didn't know what level) showed up and started killing us. After a while we regrouped and started kicking his ass.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 01-15-08, 03:08 AM   #47
Rakeesh

BTW here's my character so far:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oast&n=Rakeesh

Also, while I don't know how other classes are, I have figured out that with druid, its best to be in cat form and outmanuever whoever you are fighting, namely by running behind them so that they have to keep turning around. Druid makes this so easy because of the 30% speed bonus in cat form. I did this solo to a 25 warrior and beat him that way without healing myself. Probably irritated the sh*t out of him having to follow me like that

Old 01-15-08, 03:43 AM   #48
Son Goku

Over on Barthilas, I have a horde guy, and someone who I met first day I bought the game moved his main there (undead mage, now in SSC). All in all, it isn't too bad (OK, Hillsbrad started to see some PvP action, as Tarren Mill and SS are favorite spots to farm ), and I have no idea what STV will be like. I think that would be the first challenge, as the lvl spread there is like 30-50....

But anyhow, if he was around, and some higher lvl were up to farming; he could turn around and get a lil fun in also

Oh, and constantly running behind people can be annoying; but no more so then when a lock constantly DoTs and chain fears the whole time. A rogue's kidney shot can also be annoying, with the same run behind tactic; and as it happens though my main is a 70 hunter, I also have a 70 rogue who will be starting kara this week. Largely as my current guild now has me, as the only 70 rogue, and a lot of hunters, so... Another one with a 70 hunter main (though he has 15 epics, vs my 70); knows he'll be playing his resto druid, case well, we need healers Actually, as an officer, I told him that's what we need, and even with us raiding with our alts here, hunters will still have to be on rotation. He agreed and was like, yeah, we have more then enough hunters for 2 teams, so yeah
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote