Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-08, 07:03 PM   #61
Rakeesh

Default Re: End game...is it the end for some?

I've never touched outlands. I haven't touched most of the game yet TBH.

BTW, I am still reconsidering my talent build as I am doing this. Right now I am looking in this direction:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...01000000000000

Question though, is fear instant cast? If not then those stuns will really come in handy.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 07:24 PM   #62
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Depends on how much you like a good PVP battle. Some people will avoid PVP entirely, and those people just stay on RP or normal servers. Me? If an enemy will make a good challenge (as in he will be able to put up a fight, and so will you,) then a challenge is always in order. The only exception I apply this is to places like ratchet, booty bay, or moonglade. I don't mess with people there, even if I could kill or ditch the guards.
The gaurds in Cenarion Hold (Silithis) can hurt far more then some areas (well Moonglade would be about the same). When patch 2.0 first came out, there was a guildy who accidently hit the windrider master in Cenarion Hold. Mind you, escape isn't so ideal, as jumping down would be into the Silithid. This was also when lvl 60 was the cap, and the gaurds were just upped to 65 elite.

He didn't live to talk about it Well you get my drift. And he was like "ooow, the Cenarion Circle hurts like f***** hell".

Quote:
I've passed through STV in order to get to an orc camp from booty bay. No trouble from other players, but mobs were a pain in the butt. Actually it seems to be a place where my guild frequently goes, because I randomly encountered a few of them there.
You do realize, you could much more easily take a Zeplin from either outside UC, or Orc to Grom'Gol, right? You can then also avoid the 40+ mobs till slightly higher lvl. Org isn't too far from the Ratchet fp wrt going this other route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Persoanlly, I think your best waiting to lvl 60 before taking on the Outlands. The quests there are considerably harder.
Meh, I'm not one to wait, and pretty much know the quests both horde side and alliance side by now. My Nelf hunter did practically all of them, and my 70 Orc hunter has also been through the areas. With the exception of my Nelf hunter that was 60 before BC came out, I've taken 3 other characters to (3 70s, and 1 69).

I prefer hitting Outland for some of the better exp, to rush through those lvls, and get Outland gear. Also makes completing some of the harder Azeroth quests easier. Though some aren't as bad, Hearthglen, "The Battle of Darrowshire", and other such things are more of a pain. On the last, it's a 60 raid. I remember helping someone with "The Last Barov" also.

Then again, I'm also one who in the past has tended push the Timbermaw quests (beginning) at lvl 44 (actually killed some deadwood at 43 before, but meh, no quest), lvl 50 mobs in Feralas about 44, and had once soloed that fire elemental outside BRD at about 58 or 59. Probably the more difficult was soloing King Bangalash at lvl 41 on a warrior, though 40 on a hunter wasn't as bad. I prefer a bit of a challenge, and getting ahead of the curve Hell, when Gilthanas and I played together, we also used to do this; where we'd keep pushing the limits. He doesn't know in the time he was away I "1 upped myself", while on the horde realm and with far less gear, then what he last saw

That said, I do hold back some on a PvP realm, so as not to go closer to my limits. People there don't need to know that on another realm I started soloing Searing Gorge quest (the elementals) at 44, and stuff like that. And it's perhaps best if they don't know I've been ready to do some quests before one can acquire. It's an element of surprise, when they think one's taxed to their limits there
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 07:27 PM   #63
Son Goku

Quote:

BTW, I am still reconsidering my talent build as I am doing this. Right now I am looking in this direction:

Question though, is fear instant cast? If not then those stuns will really come in handy.
You could consider feral (what I'm doing on my druid) or balance. As to resto, I would recommend against it until your actually ready to instance and stuff. Lvling as a healer, meh....
Old 01-15-08, 10:01 PM   #64
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
You do realize, you could much more easily take a Zeplin from either outside UC, or Orc to Grom'Gol, right? You can then also avoid the 40+ mobs till slightly higher lvl. Org isn't too far from the Ratchet fp wrt going this other route.
Not at the time. My guildy showed me the light though.

Quote:
You could consider feral (what I'm doing on my druid) or balance. As to resto, I would recommend against it until your actually ready to instance and stuff. Lvling as a healer, meh....
It is feral. I just took out the stuff that is only good for instance/raids from feral and replaced it with some resto stuff that is good for pvp.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 01-16-08, 06:44 PM   #65
Dvahlish

Quote:

Nope, fear isnt an instant cast, it has a small casting time.
The stuns might come in handy....but you also have dots and deathcoil to deal with....Curse of agony is instant and so is deathcoil.

Having a lvl 60 Lock myself, I can honestly say, my biggest threat is a rouge.
Stealthed and then fast hard DPS is the surest way to take a lock down, anything else is really a peice of cake.
Old 01-16-08, 06:52 PM   #66
Dvahlish

Quote:
I've passed through STV in order to get to an orc camp from booty bay. No trouble from other players, but mobs were a pain in the butt. Actually it seems to be a place where my guild frequently goes, because I randomly encountered a few of them there.
You were lucky.
Most of the problems with STV occur around Nessy and also in general questing because both alli and horde share quests.

People will frequently go to STV between 30 -45 because there are alot of quests there and booty bay for those levels.
After that...forget it, Im happy to never go back.
Old 01-16-08, 08:55 PM   #67
Rakeesh

Quote:
You were lucky.
Most of the problems with STV occur around Nessy and also in general questing because both alli and horde share quests.

People will frequently go to STV between 30 -45 because there are alot of quests there and booty bay for those levels.
After that...forget it, Im happy to never go back.
I've actually been PK'ed by higher levels in booty bay more than anywhere else. They do a one shot kill then run into the water where the guards won't follow them. Course I was level 14 at the time when that mostly happened, now its a bit harder for em to one shot me.

Old 01-16-08, 09:01 PM   #68
Son Goku

Quote:
Nope, fear isnt an instant cast, it has a small casting time.
The stuns might come in handy....but you also have dots and deathcoil to deal with....Curse of agony is instant and so is deathcoil.

Having a lvl 60 Lock myself, I can honestly say, my biggest threat is a rouge.
Stealthed and then fast hard DPS is the surest way to take a lock down, anything else is really a peice of cake.
Don't forget kidney shot (stun) either... Yes, I have a 70 rogue alt, duel wielding dagger rogue in the specific.

Old 01-16-08, 09:04 PM   #69
Dvahlish

Quote:
I've actually been PK'ed by higher levels in booty bay more than anywhere else. They do a one shot kill then run into the water where the guards won't follow them. Course I was level 14 at the time when that mostly happened, now its a bit harder for em to one shot me.
Sometimes the guards will follow, I have seen ppl try to sneak in an attck that way and have it fail miserably but the graveyard is right nextdoor, so it doesnt really matter.
I have seen locks do it a lot with dots.

At 23, if a 70 wanted to one shot you, he wouldnt have an issue.

Yeh, Nessy is quite a way into STV , as are most of the popular ganking holes, you wont go anywhere near those until you are 32-35ish Id say, as the mobs are quite high and there is a lot of them.

I tried once at 28 and didnt last to long.
Old 01-16-08, 09:15 PM   #70
Dvahlish

Quote:
Don't forget kidney shot (stun) either... Yes, I have a 70 rogue alt, duel wielding dagger rogue in the specific.
I dont use kidney shot too much.
Mines an undead combat swords gal.....she likes to sap, cheap shot, sinister strike and slice and dice.
If your really lucky, she will pull out adrenaline rush on ya

Locks.......................pffftttt...no trouble at all
Old 01-16-08, 10:12 PM   #71
Rakeesh

Quote:
At 23, if a 70 wanted to one shot you, he wouldnt have an issue.
Fortunately I don't run into many of them (at least, I don't think I do, hard to tell with the hidden level thing, only way I can get an idea is by their gear.)

Old 01-17-08, 03:46 PM   #72
Dvahlish

Quote:
Fortunately I don't run into many of them (at least, I don't think I do, hard to tell with the hidden level thing, only way I can get an idea is by their gear.)
Yeh, I used to hate that hidden level thingy.
I just figure, ?? or Skull, it really doesnt matter....they will be killing me if I dont get out of the way....now.