Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-17-08, 03:51 PM   #73
Rakeesh

Default Re: End game...is it the end for some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Yeh, I used to hate that hidden level thingy.
I just figure, ?? or Skull, it really doesnt matter....they will be killing me if I dont get out of the way....now.
Not always

In that post I made above, with the ?? guy, (I am guessing level 33 abouts) he thought he was being a badass by fighting our group of 3 (at the time of that particular battle) low 20's and wiping our group about thee times initially, but we came around and started pwning him. In fact I kept chasing him and doing heavy DPS on him while a shaman kept healing me, and it was largely me that was getting the kills no less. He would try to run but he just couldn't outrun my druid He even ran into a 30 ally friendly mob but that mob just didn't save him

We eventually let him go after we killed him like 7 times.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-08, 04:19 PM   #74
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Not always

In that post I made above, with the ?? guy, (I am guessing level 33 abouts) he thought he was being a badass by fighting our group of 3 (at the time of that particular battle) low 20's and wiping our group about thee times initially, but we came around and started pwning him. In fact I kept chasing him and doing heavy DPS on him while a shaman kept healing me, and it was largely me that was getting the kills no less. He would try to run but he just couldn't outrun my druid He even ran into a 30 ally friendly mob but that mob just didn't save him

We eventually let him go after we killed him like 7 times.
Yeh OK...so there was 3 of you on one.
Id be shocked if you hadnt killed him to be honest.
?? is only 10 levels higher.

Im talking more one on one.
When Im in OL and a boss come towards me (I'm taking NPC mainly here....Im running)
Old 01-17-08, 10:17 PM   #75
Rakeesh

Quote:
Well, we had 3 in our group. One of them didn't really do anything. It was mostly me attacking him, and the shaman healing me. And he was ?? to a 23 who had left our group before we started turning things around. Just prior to that he had a 3 person group with a 26 and a 29 if I recall correctly.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 04:15 PM   #76
Son Goku

Quote:

Im talking more one on one.
When Im in OL and a boss come towards me (I'm taking NPC mainly here....Im running)
?? is at least 10 lvls higher. If someone in group can see lvl though, that nails it. But some other things can be a suggestion. If one's on a 26 and sees a guy on a mount, it's a given they're at least lvl 40... If an epic mount, then it's at least 60, and chances are it's Outland geared.

That gear diffeence, is also not minor, where for instance my Nelf hunter who was then in some ZG gear, some epics, and some dungeon set 1, (dungeon set 0, upgraded), was replacing gear with greens between Hellfire, Zangermarsh, and Terrokar). Many of the greens really are better then many of the Azeroth epics. However, and this said, there are some "old world" legenndaries that still hold up quite well against some BC gear.

The other issue, is twinks. And this said, I can well imagine putting Outland enchants on lvl 35+ gear, rather then many of the Azeroth counterparts. Why? The market on my realm is whacked, where arcane dust keeps getting cut in price, by some who are always out to undercut any price; resulting in massive deflation. Arcane dust was always lower then the cost of lvl 50+ Azeroth enchanting dust, but they're pushing it below 40+ vision dust. Now this said, not withstanding the outland enchants are better (and 35+ is the min gear requirement); it's simply becomming cheaper to get the higher lvl enchants on even low lvl, lvling greens. That's of course unless one doesn't enchant.

This would remain the case until either some stop trying to create massive deflation (which doesn't result in stable markets), or supply of arcane dust starts to get restricted more...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote