Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-07, 07:11 PM   #25
Feyy

Default Re: Equipping pistol reveals hidden uber vegetation AA!! WTF?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
Settings i used was Gaco's 1.01 tweak in 1280x1024 with 4xAA enabled.
Care to share the config? Provide link perhaps.

nvm, found it: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...5&postcount=60
| Mobo: Intel D975XBX2
| GFX: Inno 3D 8800 GTS 640MB
| PhysX: EVGA 8400 GS 256MB
| Memory: 2x1GB OCZ Platinum Rev2 PC6400
| PSU: OCZ StealthXtreme 600W PSU
| Monitor: Acer G24
| HDD: 320GB Seagate Barracuda
| Case: NZXT Lexa Blackline [Blue]
| Mouse: Steelseries Xai
| Mouse mat: Steelseries 4HD
Old 12-18-07, 07:13 PM   #26
einstein_314
w00t!!

Quote:
If you learn to read you stupid pig you would have seen i said it does it in a kind of way. It doesn't technically change the resolution, it will only look like that when comparing to a picture...

i have a crt yes... you dont read either. Read my post of what i wrote to einsten and you see what i mean. But this will be my last reply to you. Ive been patient but enough is enough! I dont wanna waste more time on idiots like you. Ive hear pretty many here have put you on the ignore list, so i think i will follow their example...

Why would we lock this thread? A better thing would be to ban m3 so this pointless discussion can end... He doesn't understand what i mean anyway.. just confusing everything up. This is not what this thread is about, lets stay OT!
Is this the part you want me to read?

Quote:
You still dont get it? When playing on a higher resolution eveything gets more detailed and less jaggied. You must have a brain damage or something. How can 1920x1440 fit on my 19 inch screen? It can technically but not practically because my monitor is not big enough, when taking a screenshot in 1920x1440 the res will be the same, but it wont be that big when running on my screen. Resolution changs to 1280x960 for the visual on the monitor it gets downsized, compressed in a way, so you dont think 1920x1440 will look better than 1280x960? Running in 1920x1440 will have the same effect on my screen as taking a 1920x1440 image and downsize it to 1280x960. I.e will look smoother, more detailed and less jaggied then if running directly on 1280x960. Einsten is the only one dumb enough to agree with you. Stop making a damn fool out of yourself...
If it is, go back to grade 7 and learn how to write and describe something. Ok so you have a 19" CRT that can "technically" display 1920x1440 but can only "practically" display 1280x960. So are you saying that it can and will run at 1920x1440 but it doesn't look good because your monitor is only a 19" and everything is too small? So you run it at 1280x960 because it looks better? Is that what you mean by "practically"?

If so, I still don't understand what you mean by you're running the game at 1920x1440 and it's downsizing to 1280x960. How are you doing this? What do you have your resolution set to in display properties? 1280x960? And what about in Crysis? Whatever your setting is in Crysis is what the game is playing at. It's not being resized. That's what the resolution is.

Forgive me for not understanding. I'm trying to be the bigger person by ignoring your blatent insults and apparent lack of willingness to explain clearly. I'm not trying to insult you or your intelligence. I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Old 12-18-07, 07:35 PM   #27
Feyy

Well i tried OP's settings and .cfg file

However even with pistol out i can't get that level of AA and detail.

First screen at 1280x1024 4xAA 16xAF[CP forced] 32bit DirectX 9 w/Everything on High

Second screen at 1280x1024 16QA 16xAF[CP forced] 32bit DirectX 9 w/Everything on High

Either im missing some setting or screens are faked, or it's simply something that only happens in the demo(?)
| Mobo: Intel D975XBX2
| GFX: Inno 3D 8800 GTS 640MB
| PhysX: EVGA 8400 GS 256MB
| Memory: 2x1GB OCZ Platinum Rev2 PC6400
| PSU: OCZ StealthXtreme 600W PSU
| Monitor: Acer G24
| HDD: 320GB Seagate Barracuda
| Case: NZXT Lexa Blackline [Blue]
| Mouse: Steelseries Xai
| Mouse mat: Steelseries 4HD
Old 12-18-07, 07:38 PM   #28
dxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein_314
Forgive me for not understanding. I'm trying to be the bigger person by ignoring your blatent insults and apparent lack of willingness to explain clearly. I'm not trying to insult you or your intelligence. I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.
I'm reading it the same way you are, that Nano believes that his monitor is automatically downscaling images from one resolution to another.

I can semi see his point. It's true that with CRTs, the resolution generally gets to a point where details don't get any finer due to the natual blurring of those inaccurate electron guns, meaning there is no visual difference between certain resolutions other than that everything gets a bit smaller. To make an analogy of it, it's like increasing the screen res when you're looking at the screen with your glasses off, so that although the resolution is getting higher with every increment, the improvement is inperceivable becuase your eyesight isn't good enough.

What he seems to be getting at is that at 1280*960, the onscreen image is as sharp as it can get. Although the monitor can display higher resolutions, it can't do it sharply enough to make any visual difference, so running at the res of 1920*1440 looks the same as 1280*960 in terms of sharpness, but with the difference being that the extra pixels become, in effect, oversampled pixels, aiding the smoothness of the visuals, though not the sharpness.

I believe that the other thing he is getting at is that you are an idiot with brain damage. Nano, if you're reading, you've really got to think before you write on these here forums. If people can't understand, it usually means it's your fault for not making things clear enough. We're all technical people here, you needn't dumb things down or anything, but in future, if you've got something to explain that's kind-of complicated or fairly unique, you'll find it will really help people to understand if you use an analogy that they can relate to. There's no need to get frustrated with them, but when you do, think about it - these are all very intelligent people. If they can't get it, is it really their fault, or yours?
Old 12-18-07, 07:38 PM   #29
m3dude

hes referring to the fact that on crts, as u increase your resolution, you 'effectively'(not technically) decrease your pixel pitch making jaggies less noticeable. this occurs because your increasing resolution while maintaining screen size. hes just too dumb to explain it in a way that makes sense, because he doesnt understand exactly whats happening. that said this doesnt rly make his claim of pistol aa any less retarded and moronic. also the slight amount of aa he gets from playing at 1920x1440 on a 19inch crt isnt comparable to the amount of aa gained when u downsize a pic from the former to 1280x960. completely different methods at work here. playing at 1920x1440 on a 19 inch monitor just means that smaller pixels are being used to construct the image. downsizing however is downsampling an entire image and using all the extra pixels for blending and sampling calculations. the 2 arent even comparable from a quality standpoint
Old 12-18-07, 08:02 PM   #30
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxx
Good post there, it explains what i tried to say. Well anyway it was wrong to say that it downsize my resolution because it dont. It only gives me the the same effect as if i would take a big picture and downsize it. In other words i get more details and less jagginess by increasing the resolution. However this wasn't really the thing this was all about, it started by m3 telling there wasn't possible to get the same look as in my wallpapers as ingame. But now i proven him wrong by posting pictures that is downsized from 1920x1440 to 1280x960 (witch present the quality i get on my monitor ingame at that high resolution) and that uses the pistolAA trick... I get really high quality and i cant see the jagginess on the vegetation anymore. So i guess i finally was right after all... Unless he can prove i am wrong, witch i am not...
Old 12-18-07, 08:13 PM   #31
evox
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technoholic
+1
+2
Old 12-18-07, 08:29 PM   #32
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox
+2
No we aint gonna lock this thread mate.. dont get your hopes up

As you wanted m3, cryteks map... fraps showing.. Nothing fake at all.
Supersample AA for the vegetation - 1fps performance loss... but usually 3 - 6 fps. Xp dx9 Veryhigh tweak and 4x regular AA

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7...abby9aktj5.jpg - ak

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4...pistolsfd2.jpg - pistols

Download the movie if you still dont believe me;
http://rapidshare.com/files/77353091...08-53.avi.html

And when cranking res up to 1920x1440 it looks pretty damn sick... but performance is pretty poor then, around the tens =/

Old 12-18-07, 08:36 PM   #33
skank
Smeg Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
hes referring to the fact that on crts, as u increase your resolution, you 'effectively'(not technically) decrease your pixel pitch making jaggies less noticeable. this occurs because your increasing resolution while maintaining screen size. hes just too dumb to explain it in a way that makes sense, because he doesnt understand exactly whats happening. that said this doesnt rly make his claim of pistol aa any less retarded and moronic. also the slight amount of aa he gets from playing at 1920x1440 on a 19inch crt isnt comparable to the amount of aa gained when u downsize a pic from the former to 1280x960. completely different methods at work here. playing at 1920x1440 on a 19 inch monitor just means that smaller pixels are being used to construct the image. downsizing however is downsampling an entire image and using all the extra pixels for blending and sampling calculations. the 2 arent even comparable from a quality standpoint
Nanosuitguy: You need to re-read and COMPREHEND this paragraph by m3dude.
Old 12-18-07, 09:25 PM   #34
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank
Nanosuitguy: You need to re-read and COMPREHEND this paragraph by m3dude.
Hes on the ignore list... so i cant lol. Anyway that has really nothing to do with what this all began with. Ive already proven my point and he can say what he want. My wallpapers do reprecent the ingame quality of crysis (with the exeption of just a few)

So now the mods can close this thread if they want. But before that i just wanted to post two pictures comparing the imagequality between a picture that is taken with the editor at 4200x3000 and then downsized to 1220x900 and an ingame picture taken at 1920x1440 with pistolAA and then downsized to the same. Here is the proof that i am right and that silly m3 can go and screw himself;

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3...istolaatz8.jpg - ingame, pistolAA

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8...ditordsbk3.jpg - e_screenshot 1, editor

As you can see they look almost exaktly the same, u cant really tell any difference in quality and anti-aliasing...
So i was right after all. Pictures showed it just now, if you dont believe me then too bad. I dont fake pictures.
Old 12-19-07, 04:02 AM   #35
m3dude

anyone who pays attention can tell u faked those 2 pics, try harder next time. heres a hint of what to look for to catch him again in his bs.

Old 12-19-07, 05:13 AM   #36
Tea on Tuesday
stop, drop and ROFL

Quote:
Good post there, it explains what i tried to say. Well anyway it was wrong to say that it downsize my resolution because it dont. It only gives me the the same effect as if i would take a big picture and downsize it. In other words i get more details and less jagginess by increasing the resolution. However this wasn't really the thing this was all about, it started by m3 telling there wasn't possible to get the same look as in my wallpapers as ingame. But now i proven him wrong by posting pictures that is downsized from 1920x1440 to 1280x960 (witch present the quality i get on my monitor ingame at that high resolution) and that uses the pistolAA trick... I get really high quality and i cant see the jagginess on the vegetation anymore. So i guess i finally was right after all... Unless he can prove i am wrong, witch i am not...
Move your left pinky finger down and to the left, press AND HOLD the shift key, then with your right hand move your middle finger up and hit the I key. You have just capitalized the letter I.
Closed Thread