Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-07, 07:22 AM   #13
Bman212121

Default Re: GT5 Prologue review by FS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
I want to share my input on this game. Now bear with me.

First off, let's get it straight, I'm gonna get a PS3 when the full GT5 comes out, I can't wait for it. I'm sure it's gonna be a great game.

However, I'm tired of seeing all this and that over GT5 Prologue, and here is why:

#1 - the game is 720p, not 1080p
#2 - I've watched several videos of it in 720p from gamersyde.com and HONESTLY, the game doesn't look any better than PGR4. It has a bit better interior detail, a bit better lighting system, a bit crappier car models (this is all compared to PGR4). What is impressive is that it pulls all that with 16 cars, now THAT is impressive. However the graphics aren't revolutionary by any means. They're very good just how PGR4 and Forza 2 have very good graphics and it pulls it off with 16 cars. That's great.
#3 - the game costs like 60 bucks to import from Japan (prologue), from what I've heard it's very confusing to attempt to buy online via PSN
#4- game is in japanese (prologue)

Lastly, I'm tired of hearing people compare GT5 vs Forza2. One is out and one isn't. As a racing game fan, I've enjoyed Forza 2 so much over the past 6 months and I will keep enjoying it over the next 6. I am currently part of a league that races touring car series and le mans series on live and it's just AWESOME. So by the time GT5 comes out, I will have played over a year's worth of Forza 2 and MORE than gotten my money's worth, so I don't understand why some people (not naming any specificcaly here, referring to other forums really) tout GT5 as so much better than Forza 2 when by the time GT5 comes out, I will have gotten so much out of Forza 2 that I will bedone with it anyway. And before you go and say that Forza 2 wasn't worth playing in the first place, then that just tells me you're not a true racing fan. I played the crap out of GT4 when that came out and also of Forza 1. With the exception of LFS, the best online racing experience for the past 6 months has been and will continue to be Forza 2.

Lastly, let me say that I am disgusted with PD's scam to make so much money out of this game. 40 bucks for like less than a tenth of the full game? This is just ridiculous.

edit: sorry folks, I just had to vent. Vista is driving me nuts at the moment and I had to vent.
I'm not sure who told you that prologue costs money because it doesn't. I downloaded it from the JP store for free. The full game will most likely cost $60, but I don't believe they've sold a prologue before at full price.

It's actually pretty easy to get to the Japanese store because the GUI is setup exactly the same as the American one. Go here and follow the directions. http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/ There was only one place where I got stuck for a minute. Found the old thread, on the one with the addresses, you need to put a number at the top, but you need to put letters into the ones below it. I put numbers into it and it took me a min to figure that out.

As a side note, prologue has been out in the JP store for 2 months now. http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100660
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 07:56 AM   #14
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
It has nice c0ckpits and supports the nice Logitech wheels like the G25 and DSP. These two small factors are enough to "clearly" beat Forza 2. Everyone that plays racing games and enjoys the "realistic feel" that wheel support and in-game c0ckpits offer will whole-heartly agree with me. I have to urge myself to play racing games in 3rd person and/or with a controller.
I never have liked c0ckpit views in any game. C0ckpit views kill the view for me because they tend to make the track feel very small and that I am almost sitting in the backseat. I always use front bumper cams and sometimes I use the hood view. It's good that GT5 has it for the people that like it though, but it's a non-issue to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Keep in mind that GT5 > GT5: Prologue.

Other than the serious amount of AA in the pre-release shots the game still has the best car models and lighting compared to other racing games. There's a GT5: Prologue demo in the Japanese store if anyone wants to give it a try.
AFAIK, Prologue is basically a demo of what you are getting in the full version. GT5 is going to look exactly like that. The graphics in GT5 may be a touch better than what's offered on the 360, but they have also been working on it for much, much longer.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 08:24 AM   #15
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I never have liked c0ckpit views in any game. C0ckpit views kill the view for me because they tend to make the track feel very small and that I am almost sitting in the backseat. I always use front bumper cams and sometimes I use the hood view. It's good that GT5 has it for the people that like it though, but it's a non-issue to me.
Kay always uses the c0ckpit view because it adds to the realism. He has one of these guys http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/...kIR-4-PRO.html I prefer 3rd person myself, but if I did get a trackIR I would be using the c0ckpit view as well. It's on the list of things to get because it would be sweet to be able to turn your head to look out the windows and into your mirrors.
Old 12-19-07, 08:43 AM   #16
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
I'm not sure who told you that prologue costs money because it doesn't. I downloaded it from the JP store for free. The full game will most likely cost $60, but I don't believe they've sold a prologue before at full price.

It's actually pretty easy to get to the Japanese store because the GUI is setup exactly the same as the American one. Go here and follow the directions. http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/ There was only one place where I got stuck for a minute. Found the old thread, on the one with the addresses, you need to put a number at the top, but you need to put letters into the ones below it. I put numbers into it and it took me a min to figure that out.

As a side note, prologue has been out in the JP store for 2 months now. http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100660
What you got is the same that most of us got: the GT5P demo. The full GT5P that came out last week in japan has 5 tracks and 30-40 cars, and will also be online capable in a few days. And yes, it costs money - 60$.

So, there is GT5P demo, GT5P, and then GT5.
Old 12-19-07, 08:45 AM   #17
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
What you got is the same that most of us got: the GT5P demo. The full GT5P that came out last week in japan has 5 tracks and 30-40 cars, and will also be online capable in a few days. And yes, it costs money - 60$.

So, there is GT5P demo, GT5P, and then GT5.
Okay, didn't know they were doing that. Thanks for the info. That's just a little confusing don't you think?
Old 12-19-07, 08:49 AM   #18
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
Okay, didn't know they were doing that. Thanks for the info. That's just a little confusing don't you think?
Confusing? More like down right retarded. It just goes to prove that Sony and PD are milking you for $$.
Old 12-19-07, 08:53 AM   #19
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Confusing? More like down right retarded. It just goes to prove that Sony and PD are milking you for $$.
Lol yes they are, but its still working. Crap, who wants to wait till 2008 ends to be able to race online in GT? Its a small price to pay for a demo which is larger in size and content than some RR games...
Old 12-19-07, 08:54 AM   #20
Tr1cK
not coming back

Why even release it as a full game then? Why go and press discs?

They ought to just make the whole thing downloadable or episodic.

Old 12-19-07, 09:56 AM   #21
Jonelo

This is the next gen .... blur

Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 10:11 AM   #22
Jonelo

Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 10:15 AM   #23
Tr1cK
not coming back

The blur is there to cover up the aliasing more than it is to give the sense of speed. AA would kill the framerate compared to the cost of motion blur.

I've always hated when blur is used to give the feeling of speed.
Old 12-19-07, 10:22 AM   #24
ralinn
Masters

Wow, it's true... everyone really does concentrate on the negative if it's anything to do with the PS3. Bloody hell, grow up. It looks fantastic, and so does Prologue. Blurr effects ALWAYS look like utter trash in a still screenshot.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote