Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-23-07, 02:56 PM   #13
Niot

Default Re: EBgames declining quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stncttr908
These stores are in existence for the same reason the latest big budget movie game will always outsell Psychonauts. No one wants anything but their latest Sims expansion, Madden roster update, or the latest Guitar Hero rehash. When people want these games, who do they associate it with? Generally Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. If you're in a big American Sprawl Mall you think Gamestop or EB.

Not to mention their BS exchange policies.
Oh yeah, why is Psychonauts good again? I just can't figure it out from the reviews because it looks like Charlie and the Chocolate factory.
Niot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-07, 03:01 PM   #14
Niot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriTonin
Thats cause young dumb ass kids accept lower pay and usually give it right back to the company through games.
Yeah, I was like "Perimeter Emperor's Testament", they only knew how to spell the middle word.

I was like Europa Universalis, they didn't know how to spell it.

And all of them seem to have spiky hair these days and are like on pot, always hysterically laughing and talking.
Old 12-23-07, 03:05 PM   #15
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niot
Oh yeah, why is Psychonauts good again? I just can't figure it out from the reviews because it looks like Charlie and the Chocolate factory.
It's good because it's good!

Also tell me why Crysis is good. It looks like Lilo and Stitch.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-07, 03:06 PM   #16
Niot

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
It's good because it's good!

Also tell me why Crysis is good. It looks like Lilo and Stitch.
Isn't it just a platform game?

And Crysis is not good.
Old 12-23-07, 03:10 PM   #17
crainger

LOL It is a platform game, but why can't a platform game be good?

I had great fun playing platformers, Duke Nukem, Halloween Harry, Tomb Raider is nothing more than a glorified platformer. It's thinking like you that stops these gems from selling.
Old 12-23-07, 04:22 PM   #18
Niot

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
LOL It is a platform game, but why can't a platform game be good?

I had great fun playing platformers, Duke Nukem, Halloween Harry, Tomb Raider is nothing more than a glorified platformer. It's thinking like you that stops these gems from selling.
There is a difference between mindless button mashing and a deep gameplay. The platform games are usually of the former. Duke Nukem is nothing but shoot and bomb.
Old 12-23-07, 04:41 PM   #19
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

the last time I went to an EB store was to buy Oblivion the day it came out.

The ****er behind the register was an idiot and messed something up where it wouldn't print a receipt and for some reason he couldn't let me take the game with me...

I had already waited like 30 minutes for him to finish with one customer that was ahead of me, I should of known that it was going to be bad.

While I was arguing with him I even called my bank and put them on speakerphone to show him that I had just been charged for the exact ammount of the transaction by ebgames.

Then the guy suggested that I let him charge me for the game again and that they would void the other later on

I told him hell no and that I was leaving with my game

The guy still refused until his manager came back from lunch and filled out a paper receipt for me and let me go on my way.

Never going back to any of those ****hole stores, I hope they go out of business.
Old 12-23-07, 04:49 PM   #20
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niot
There is a difference between mindless button mashing and a deep gameplay. The platform games are usually of the former. Duke Nukem is nothing but shoot and bomb.
That doesn't stop them from being great games. I love the way you can dismiss a critically acclaimed game like Psychonauts without even playing it.

Go make a heatsink thread.

Old 12-23-07, 04:51 PM   #21
Brimstone7

Yeah I've seen this happening, too. Both EBGames stores near my house seem to have a new policy when it comes to just-released games. In order to pick the game up on launch day, you MUST reserve the game at least 1 day before release, regardless of how many copies they actually get.

Happened to me first with Super Mario Galaxy, which I kind of understood. I figured there were just enough copies in stock to satisfy the pre-orders. Then it happened again with Crysis, which I knew wasn't going to sell out due to the system requirements (seems like PC games never sell out anyway). Show up launch day, "Nope, these copies are only for people that reserved it." Show up the next day and they will sell it freely, even though I'm pretty sure it's the same shipment.

In the past they strongly encouraged reserving the games but if you just showed up on launch day they would always give you a copy (usually saying something like "this is the last copy that wasn't reserved).

I don't really have a problem with the employees. They are just kids, after all. Can't wait for next-gen systems where I'm sure we'll be given the option to download new games straight to the XBox or playstation...
Brimstone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-07, 03:06 PM   #22
AngelGraves13

I gave up buying games retail when Steam began offering lots more games. Occasionally, I still buy retail games on Amazon.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-07, 03:40 PM   #23
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

Its the stereotypes of these kids. They all look alike and have that same attitude.

Just like used CD stores these chick looks stoned and has pink spiked hair.

Yea since Babbeges was sold out, GS and EB are pro console and when you mention PC games too them, you get a funny look like your an alien or something.

I don't know why EB is so anti PC? But there attitudes suck ballas bigtime.

I deal with a manager when i buy stuff at GS and only reason i go their is because i trade in old games not much but goes toward the total on the bill.

It would be nice to deal with a enthusiest who knows all the stuff about the gaming industry when going to these places but there dumbasses who work there and live in there parents basement playing gutar hero all hours of the night.
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 12-25-07, 06:20 PM   #24
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Ebgames sucks preety much in sweden too, i buy all my games online instead.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote