Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-27-07, 02:48 AM   #37
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Crysis VS COD 4: A Video Commentary

considering the engine cod4 on, it does look amazing. but yea, crysis is just doing more and looking good doing it. Also because crysis does so much in realtime, its easily configurable to other types of games.
Old 12-27-07, 06:49 AM   #38
zerobeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227
Yap, that's what i wanted to say. Where the fun is when it runs like crap. I liked COD4 much more too. I could have play games on medium or low, but then it looks like crap...so really i skipped the game. I will give it a try when Geforce 9 comes out, but i have feelings that the game will still run like crap.
Maybe the reason Crysis doesn't run smooth is because you ran it under DX10/Vista? As far as I remember, there is a big different in fps running a game in DX10 vs DX9, and not much visual difference.

I ask because I have a similar spec as you... same monitor resolution, same cpu and only one 8800GTS, win xp and the game run smooth @ high settings without AA, I assume ~30fps
zerobeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 06:53 AM   #39
Logical

Most of the above screenshots were random PB shots taken in multiplayer.

Jonelo if you want to compare visuals with Crysis and cod4 then at least get your own single player screenshots were the graphics haven't been toned down.
I posted them to set your orangy looking crysis screens bk a few pages in screenshot 2007 thread.

Anyhow since when has graphics set the standard for how to enjoy a game....yes the visuals in Crysis are nice, but, the gameplay is complete toss and multiplayer is a pile of bs.

CoD4 on the other hand....well look at xfire, gamespy and all seeing eye stats to work it out. There are almost as many people playing cod4 than there is WoW and you condomjonelo need to realise that.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 07:58 AM   #40
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
^^^^^^^^^^^ lol

Everytime someone gives a disliking to Crysis you can guarantee the great Dane won't be far too try and put them correct.

I h8 pastries btw Geco
Well it's nice to see that you go personal instead of adressing the actual comparison facts of Crysis and COD4. Nice confirmation that I made the right choice in my investments by not buying CoD4, I'm not rich you know..
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 08:40 AM   #41
Jonelo

Quote:
CoD4 on the other hand....well look at xfire, gamespy and all seeing eye stats to work it out. There are almost as many people playing cod4 than there is WoW and you condomjonelo need to realise that.
Sorry my english is very bad . What is condomjonelo ?

The number of people playing online is the definitive argumentation . The best game online is WOW , like The Sims is the best for PC , and Thriller is the best LP , and

Titanic the best film .

Quote:

Jonelo if you want to compare visuals with Crysis and cod4 then at least get your own single player screenshots were the graphics haven't been toned down.
I have used their screens to show an example of good coding and powerfull engine, to responding to hell_of_doom227 and asd . Thank you Txiste.

You have reason, the engine is more powerful in offline.

High resolution textures and avanced post processing

High polycount models

Awersome textures, procedural and high polycount trees , post procesing and LOD detaill

Not is a Cg , is 100 % in-game

Not is a 3D Studio Max, is in real time . A tons of normals , speculars, and mega uber shaders

Incredible shadow mapping in real time

Avanced facial animation

Maybe 3 millons of poligons in the screen , incredible draw distance and lod . Uber textures and high precision HDR

Looks better than Crysis in medium , like Crysis in high . A masterpiece of coding and incredible engine .

And about the gameplay , you are right . Unfortunately I do not play online
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 09:10 AM   #42
Logical

Your comparison sucks jonelo....

If you have a wife, if your old enough to have a wife or you looking i can guarantee she will look beautiful for you

But

I bet she can't cook, clean, work and has a brain of a 10 year old. You see what im getting at.......

Nice looking but under that a complete misery.

Conclusion: I'd rather take gameplay over visuals any day, in CoD4's instance it's fantastic to have both.

Please keep them coming jonelo your making my Christmas
Old 12-27-07, 09:19 AM   #43
JohnDio

The problem with COD4 is that you can't open most of the doors in the buildings, you can't explore them, you can't see if it is indeed as a big map as it appears when you are landing somewhere. And the LOD suckz in COD4 as you can notice the "changing" between the detail levels when you are moving (whereas in Crysis you can push them even further)

Also, the barels are indestructible, among other things in the game. Surely it's a great looking game but can't be compared with Crysis IMO if your PC can handle it
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 09:23 AM   #44
Logical

Very true Johndio...but is CoD4 about exploring ?

I think you will find the answer is no, its about taking a powerful weapon and blowing peoples heads off albeit in a very tactical way.....if you play multiplayer.

If you wanna go exploring then i agree Crysis is the game to have, if you want to go play a FPS then cod4 is for you.

I play for and manage a very respected UK FPS clan and admin a league for COD4. I have played almost every multiplayer FPS game released from wolfenstein upto cod4. I own and admin my own game servers in mohaa, cod2, airborne, css, spearhead and cod4. It is upto me to introduce new games to the clan that are worthy of being played in online leagues such as clanbase, ccodl, cmohl, ufgl, enemy down and team warfare league.

Fact is, the lastability of a game all depends on its multiplayer side.....airborne had potential but failed due to EA releasing it without any multiplayer support, Crysis failed because its multiplayer sucks and lacks any tactical and competitive gameplay. Were these games fail is were COD4 suceeds, you see, cod4 has everything that an online clan could ask for.....real support from the developers, fantastic multiplayer, maps that have been created not just too look pretty but to include tactical positioning and even balance for spawns, weapon balance, mods, superb dedicated server support and most of all a MASSIVE community that spreads all over the world.

With that Crysis fails miserably to compete with any of the above mentioned...IT IS NOT IN ANY WAY A DECENT MULTIPLAYER GAME and that is why i dont like it.

With that said, i do like to play single player games but after i have gone through them 3 or 4 times i always go back to playing multiplayer online shooters and the single player games get shelved only for me to stick on once or twice a year......like Far cry....Crysis has done the same.

Old 12-27-07, 09:26 AM   #45
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

TrixteH, you sure are funny
Old 12-27-07, 09:47 AM   #46
Logical

But it's true....no ?

The reviewer in the video from gametrailers failed to mention the multiplayer side of both games.

You know as well as i do that Crysis cannot compete with COD4 for being a game that is supported by thousands of clans and online leagues worldwide. The fact that cod4 has an okish singleplayer is just a bonus.
Old 12-27-07, 09:52 AM   #47
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH

I posted them to set your orangy looking crysis screens bk a few pages in screenshot 2007 thread.

Anyhow since when has graphics set the standard for how to enjoy a game....yes the visuals in Crysis are nice, but, the gameplay is complete toss and multiplayer is a pile of bs.

Youre an idiot, ofcourse there are more cod4 players, because its easier and its not as demanding, u can play on old machines.. And it got history behind, cod1, 2 and 3... alot of hype there and alot of other stuff. Try to compare quake 3 against crysis.. How many nerds aint playing it lol? Cod4 is like cs and quake... braindead slaugher and didnt give much, more of a game for kids that doesn't expect or demand much. I played cod4 mp and it was fun a whyle, you die too easy witch sucks... games wont be fun if you die that easy. Those with higher XP are really superior to you... and the maps where small. I like to have more freedom, like in bf2. More moveablility and also interaction.I can lure on enemies without they sceaming CAMPER! It didnt impress me much to be honest. Crysis on the other hand brings something new. It gave me more.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/site/fla...vs_crysis.html

Just listen to this idiot for a whyle, he doesn't know what hes talking about. He only talks about cod4, and prices it. He barly mention crysis, only when it came to the graphics and the the endings... He also doesn't mention anything of cod4's bad sides.. like poor AI, no interaction, linear maps and gameplay, no freedom, endless of respawning enemies until you move forward to the next point, no choises no nothing. Cod4 is more like an quing system that lines to from point A to point B. Like a slowly spinning disk with good food coming into your mouth... Poor interview, poor idiot and poor comparision. When you compare two games you must be impartial and you mustn't only speak about one of the games like he does. Common and give me a fair compare interview with a person that aint an idiot. He even thinks crysis is not much more better looking than cod4... o lol'd when i heard it. He also says crysis is so much like far cry. What about cod4 then? aint that like cod2? Just the lone sniper missions and death from above, other than that its just like cod2.. same **** different weapons, locations and timeage... In fact, crysis is more unlike far cry than cod4 is unlike cod2... Hes a real moron and doesn't know what he talks about...

Oh and btw, TOMSHARDWARE SUCKS!
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 09:54 AM   #48
Logical

This is coming from someone who's nvnews username is tied to Crysis, please go and look at some turtles noob.

Read the rest of the thread and you will know why i prefer cod4 over crysis.