Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-27-07, 02:37 PM   #73
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Crysis VS COD 4: A Video Commentary

Quote:
I had so much fun playing COD4 cause the action and story is dynamic unlike in Crysis where the story and action is pretty much boring.
Do you know what dynamic means? it means changes on the fly. Lotsa choices. Neither game is "dynamic" unless your talking about crysis ability to complete objectives in several different ways.

Quote:
You walk then you shoot couple of bad guys, you push the button, then you walk again, or drive...and then again you shoot couple of guys...everything is obvious...
VS you walk, you shoot a bunch of bad guys.. you SIT AT A DOOR so your CO can open it for you because your characters is retarded, you shoot some more guys... wait for ANOTHER door to be opened by your CO..repeat untill end of the game.

Atleast I can drive in crysis.

Quote:
COD4 is a war game...group of soldiers fighting, there are some goals...nothing really to expect from...but it's hell of a fun. Sniper level in COD4 is one of the best i have seen in the last 10 years.
I, as well as many others, also thought it was the most frustrating level in the game. I like sniping and all.. but sniping usually means they dont know where you are..and your high up..ect. When you are being rushed by 100 bad guys in an open field where THEY have places to hide and you..well.dont. It just got tired real fast. I ended up cheating and using the "hide behind the building on the right until backup came" trick.

Quote:
The point is...Performance #1, Features #2...is
And people like you are so eager to flame, are to ignorant to realise crysis scales quite well. Windows XP? High and medium settings? Boom..theres your performance. And it dosn't look bad.
Old 12-27-07, 02:39 PM   #74
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

I beat that mission on my first try on veteran difficulty. The key is not to suck at playing the game
Old 12-27-07, 02:41 PM   #75
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu
I beat that mission on my first try on veteran difficulty. The key is not to suck at playing the game
Yes well..I didnt..and so didnt many other people..so im not alone. ;p I guess I will never make it as a sniper who is under preasure... woe is me.
Old 12-27-07, 02:46 PM   #76
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
Why don't you just stay out of the Crysis forum if you think the game sucks so much? Must be with no other purpose than telling people who in fact like crysis that you think it sucks
Gaco, dont mind this retarded kid... Hes too stupid to understand what we actually is talking about. Leave him be...

If he likes dogpoo better than pizza then we cant argue about it lol.. Because its his own opinion. But still crysis is the better game even if there is some ppl that likes cod4/dogpoo better...

Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 03:19 PM   #77
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227
A first problem with Crysis is the way they rendered the world. Basically everything is loaded even the things and pathways you will never open, or go to...it's just unoptimised. Crysis is linear game as well. Yes, you can choose two or three different paths to the same objective, but the bottom line is...THE GAME IS LINEAR AS WELL.
Yes a 500 m width line .

You played the game? . Is it linear that you has to enter and go out for a point in every map? Is linear because the game has principal objectives ?

And you manages do every objectives, in a linear way ? Or of a hundred combinaciones of ways, ways and manners. You do not have an alone way to come to your objective, you have dozens of ways in some maps!!

Multiply the possible ways X by 3 or 4 ways of playing that has - FPS pro in Delta, Stealth, FPS/Stealth, Arcadian FPS in easily, as a game of Fight, using vehicles .

Quote:
. Sniper level in COD4 is one of the best i have seen in the last 10 years. That level is so much fun that itself owns whole Crysis game.
The mission of the Sniper in Chernobyl? Boring for my . It is not a game, is an absurd movie in which one cannot leave of the camera line

Quote:
Crysis story is retarded...can they get rid of UFO and Crap like that?
The two are retarded. Crysis in some moments at least is one parody

Quote:
Nanosuite is the most retarded thing in the game...i can use invisibility and beat the whole game by being invisible and of course AI acts retarded too.If they wanted to do what they thought they will, they should rename the game to Predator and make a story out of it where you're a Predator...nanosuite features would fit nice there...Maybe even put Aliens and actually make AVP 3 lol
For my only the nanosuit overcomes to any game of last years, alone it is possible to compare to the possibilities of game of games as Deux ex-or Bioshock. If it you wants a fantastic FPS, can play COD 4 with regeneration of the life without suit, immortal friends, invisible barriers, spam of enemies and friends and lines in the soil for the plane of the camera.

Quote:
The game is rushed...and the game was not ready for the current hardware. (Quad Core CPUs, SLI or Three SLI setup)...If you set everything to very high + AA + AF, it does look nice but it's not done right...

Because is for the hardware to a few months or one year, as Far Cry was for the nv40 and the G70/R520 and r580. Only with the G70/R520 and r580 you you can try to play with HDR, AA to high resolution .

Are my two videocards . The 1900 xt is of year 2006 !!! The best videocard in his time , two years later of the Far Cry launch

Incredible !!! only 200.000 poligons in game - Crysis has 2 millons in many scenes !!, without masive shadows maps , without POM, without ambiente oclussion, without the incredible post processing of Crysis . Only 60 fps in my 8800 gtx and 30 fps in my 1900 XTX at 1080p . You are right, maybe the coding and the Cryengine is pure crap
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 03:41 PM   #78
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

I agree with you jonelo. These nubs dont know what they are talking about. Crysis aint that linear. Definatly not as linear as many other games out there int he same genre. And ufos? Its aliens and thats the main part of the game. Without the aliens crysis wouldn't be crysis. Crysis aint far cry try to understand that. Far cry 2 is coming, wait for it and stop whining over crysis. The nanosuit is really cool and newthinking. Why would you bash something that is new? If you dont like it well dont use it but dont whine about it lol, as simple as that. The suit only opens possibilities and helps to interact with the gameworld. Its the technology of the future. Active camoflauge will come in real life, just a matter of time believe me. Crysis is not bad optimized, the engine used in the game is the most advanced and best looking that is out there, so what do you expect? Crysis is good optimized, and is scaling very well... My brother can play it on medium-low with his 6600gt and P4 CPU... Try to get it, crytek even said that crysis could look alot better, but there's not hardware for it yet. And they also said that no system can max crysis out. And they where right. And quadcore sucks, get a e6850 and OC it to 4ghz and see the power. Also, crysis is more a GPU based game than cpu. I play it with an amd x2 and that one is not bottlenecking me. My card is. And the 8800gtx is not powerful enought its not cryteks fault. Its nvidias... Dont blame crytek when nvidias hardware aint faster. Crysis is ahead of its time just like Far Cry was. So stop bitching about this. Play the game or dont. Far Cry 2 is coming. You had your fun in cod4, nothing more will come. cod5 will be straight back to ww2 and it will probably sucks even more. While we others who like crysis will be getting 2 more games, witch will have better performance and better graphics. Im not complaining. Thing is, crysis vs cod4... technically crysis is better. Then its up to what taste ppl have. Some ppl like cs better than any game. Some like world of war craft, i dont... I like eve: online, some hate it. U cant really say that hamburgers are gooder than pizza... they are different and taste both good.

I think i made my point...

thanks for reading
Old 12-27-07, 03:53 PM   #79
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
Fact is, the lastability of a game all depends on its multiplayer side.....airborne had potential but failed due to EA releasing it without any multiplayer support, Crysis failed because its multiplayer sucks and lacks any tactical and competitive gameplay. Were these games fail is were COD4 suceeds, you see, cod4 has everything that an online clan could ask for.....real support from the developers, fantastic multiplayer, maps that have been created not just too look pretty but to include tactical positioning and even balance for spawns, weapon balance, mods, superb dedicated server support and most of all a MASSIVE community that spreads all over the world.
Personally i prefer GRAW2. It's a more tactical game, even though its community is really small. Still you can find two-three full servers to join and that's what counts for me as i'm really addicted to it
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 03:53 PM   #80
Jonelo

Nanosuitguy ... in English is " full stop" ?

Old 12-27-07, 03:57 PM   #81
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
Nanosuitguy ... in English is " full stop" ?
Sorry mate, dont get it.. In English it is full stop? Or do you ask what full stop means in english? Or did you just try to be funny?
Old 12-27-07, 04:08 PM   #82
Jonelo

Sorry my english is very bad

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/full%20stop

Humm is

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/period

Old 12-27-07, 04:16 PM   #83
Logical

How's your Aunt fanny doin Nanonoob?
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-07, 06:36 PM   #84
aceflier
Bringer of teh Welt

Sorry this is not long draw distance this is called a "3dskybox" alla Counter strike/half life2.

This picture is actually drawing about 100ft of actual map.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6540/shot0008ny1.jpg
128gb Crusial Real SSD
750gb WD Black
Buggy wife RMA next week
Vantage P43697 3DMarks
3D Mark 11 P10008
aceflier is offline   Reply With Quote