Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-29-07, 08:24 AM   #97
Koko56

Default Re: Crysis VS COD 4: A Video Commentary

That "review" was very well done. I have really enjoyed it. He does have some very good points, and I find it very true that Crysis is what you make of it more or less... that's from my personal experience as well.
Old 01-02-08, 06:30 PM   #98
Zeus666

Crysis VS Call of Duty 4 High Quality Version
wmv video in HD (450.43 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OK37UEB0

SAME video on stage6 (960 x 720Resolution)
http://www.stage6.com/user/fgjk/vide...deo-Commentary
Zeus666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-08, 03:37 AM   #99
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

I agree with the guy in the movie. Still cod4 is pretty fun though...
Soetdjuret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 06:30 PM   #100
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

I use these screens to show an example of good coding and a powerfull engine

High resolution textures and avanced post processing

High polycount models

Awersome textures, procedural and high polycount trees , post procesing and LOD detaill

Not is a Cg , is 100 % in-game

Not is a 3D Studio Max, is in real time . A tons of normals , speculars, and mega uber shaders

Incredible shadow mapping in real time

Avanced facial animation

Maybe 3 millons of poligons in the screen , incredible draw distance and lod . Uber textures and high precision HDR

Amazing distant terrain and drawdistance

*Be advised, the above statements may contain sarcasm...

Last edited by Soetdjuret; 09-07-08 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-04-08, 08:18 PM   #101
Logical

You must be really upset to ressurect this thread and come out with all that 'sarcasim'.

I wonder at this time of me typing this how many people are playing COD4 and how many are playing Crysis...i'd bet my life savings that there is at least 50x more people playing cod4 and that isnt just to oggle over the graphics but to play the game.

Yes Crysis is stunning but cod4 will kick its ass all over the place in terms of gameplay.

Ahh wait your the guy that posted the BS screens of the crysis expansion lmao....figures :/
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 10:12 PM   #102
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH View Post
You must be really upset to ressurect this thread and come out with all that 'sarcasim'.
Nah, am not upset at all, found that back in this thread and wanted to post it myself, i lol'd pretty much.

Quote:
I wonder at this time of me typing this how many people are playing COD4 and how many are playing Crysis...i'd bet my life savings that there is at least 50x more people playing cod4 and that isnt just to oggle over the graphics but to play the game.
Yes, that's because crysis MP isn't strong. Its also because the call of duty series have been up for a good whyle and the game is well known, ppl loved call of duty 1, also 2. And they don't doubt that the forth one will be bad either so they buy it. Crysis is alot less known and most relevant for the ppl that got fairly good systems. Crysis MP is more demanding than the SP game for some reason and that also plays alot in the fact. There are more ppl with good gaming systems than there is ppl with older/slower systems.
If we speak SP i had alot more fun with crysis than Cod4. Try to find a shorter game than Cod4. Its alive thanks to its MP.

Quote:
Yes Crysis is stunning but cod4 will kick its ass all over the place in terms of gameplay. Ahh wait your the guy that posted the BS screens of the crysis expansion lmao....figures :/
It may kick it ass in MP due to several factors, but in SP crysis still owns. And am sure the upcoming parts of crysis will be even better. Crysis is only 1/3 of a whole game so go figure.
Yes i am the guy posted the pics from Warhead, and its not an expansion. Its the sequel or part 2. And those pics arn't bullsh!tting anyone, those are just cool realtime renders, not even ment to reprecent the ingame gameplay. Those are a montage. Cod4 fanboy.. go play.
Old 06-04-08, 10:46 PM   #103
Logical

Idd i am a cod4 fanboy, but i also have a large library of other games i play...unfortunately Crysis just didnt last that long for me and the game was shoved to the back of the shelf....when i have friends round and i want to impress them with the graphics i might reinstall it. Go cry......
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 11:21 PM   #104
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

You're right, cod4 does last longer (for now) I'd like to wait and see what the upcoming parts of crysis has to offer in both SP and MP before i make any final appraisal...
Still wish Crysis MP was taken care of better, and only if Crytek put some more time, effort and love onto it and not rush the mp to the end and ship out buggy and laggy mp betas for paying subscribers. Man that sucks. Before crysis was released i had positive thoughts that crysis multiplayer would be about as good and popular as BF2's but a bit different. I was wrong and i know why now. I'll go cry... until sis 2 makes it to my doorstep.

Old 06-11-08, 04:56 AM   #105
Koko56

WOW, internet can be retarded...

EDIT: Trixteh - Don't be so single-minded. Just because you did not like one and liked the other does not mean it's the same for everyone... come on now...