Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-31-07, 01:33 AM   #73
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: PC: Gears of War or Lost Planet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgar
neither. they both suck
Well what do you recommend?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 01:35 AM   #74
K-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram
i get great frame rates. MOHA 1600x1200 4xAA 16xAF max settings, i average 50+ FPS but it stutters UT3 with same settings i average 60-70, but alot of time its dips real low in big fights, but i think thats more to do with my cpu? i need a intel quad core .... so till then im leary of UE3.
If you're worried your system can't handle GoW, don't be. Runs smoothly for me on a single-core CPU with a single 8800GT, 1680x1050 max settings. The game DOES stutter a tiny bit no matter the system, as Epic choose to stream-load all the content in the game (the game only shows a loading screen in between the Acts, so you'll see about 5 total). This is never a problem in combat, only when you're running down an empty hall (that was obviously put in to give the game some time to load) to the next area. In multiplayer versus games, never any stuttering as the entire map is loaded at once of course.

I think it's a bit strange that you got stuttering in MOH:A, I've played through the entire game twice now (once on a 7950GT with medium settings at 1280x1024, once on an 8800GT at 1680x1050 high settings, both with my trusty single-core CPU), and what stood out to me was how smooth the game was!

And oh, I thought the last boss fight in LP was really freaking cool. I played through the game on hard and man... that fight was hard lol.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 03:02 AM   #75
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgar
neither. they both suck

Your entitled to your opinion.
Tuningmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 03:04 AM   #76
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1
If you're worried your system can't handle GoW, don't be. Runs smoothly for me on a single-core CPU with a single 8800GT, 1680x1050 max settings. The game DOES stutter a tiny bit no matter the system, as Epic choose to stream-load all the content in the game (the game only shows a loading screen in between the Acts, so you'll see about 5 total). This is never a problem in combat, only when you're running down an empty hall (that was obviously put in to give the game some time to load) to the next area. In multiplayer versus games, never any stuttering as the entire map is loaded at once of course.

I think it's a bit strange that you got stuttering in MOH:A, I've played through the entire game twice now (once on a 7950GT with medium settings at 1280x1024, once on an 8800GT at 1680x1050 high settings, both with my trusty single-core CPU), and what stood out to me was how smooth the game was!

And oh, I thought the last boss fight in LP was really freaking cool. I played through the game on hard and man... that fight was hard lol.

I have not noticed stuttering in Gears of war that I can recall but then again im using a quad core at 3.4ghz and an 8800GTX with 4gbs of ram.
Old 12-31-07, 03:32 AM   #77
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

UE3 loves a quad. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 08:45 AM   #78
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1

the reason i stutter in MOHA is because its an "SLi" issue. i get great frame rates, but it micro pauses all the time.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 08:49 AM   #79
Burnt_Ram

well im almost done LP, and i think ill grab GOW next. i just prey it doesnt stutter like MOHA! anyone here played GOW with an SLi rig?

oh, and are there any other good third person hooters i've missed on by being a first person shooter only man (untill now)
Old 12-31-07, 12:56 PM   #80
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram
well im almost done LP, and i think ill grab GOW next. i just prey it doesnt stutter like MOHA! anyone here played GOW with an SLi rig?

oh, and are there any other good third person hooters i've missed on by being a first person shooter only man (untill now)

If you have issues with certain games under SLI then just disable SLI in the CP. Whats so hard about that?

Old 12-31-07, 03:34 PM   #81
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Both are good , but i'll recommnd Lost Planet .. more fun & more vehicles/robots to pilot.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 04:44 PM   #82
zeejay

Wow all these votes for lost planet?

I couldn't even finish that game, got bored about halfway through. It's got good action but OMG the controls are so laggy on the mechs and it's just frustrating as hell.

Gears would have got my vote it's 10x the game that LP is IMO, maybe it's just cause i played through on co-op mode.
zeejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 05:16 PM   #83
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningmaster
If you have issues with certain games under SLI then just disable SLI in the CP. Whats so hard about that?
it's not hard, it's a pain in the arse. everytime you do that you have to reboot. not worth the hassle. they should just fix the engine or drivers, or whatever the issue is
Old 12-31-07, 05:18 PM   #84
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeejay
Wow all these votes for lost planet?

I couldn't even finish that game, got bored about halfway through. It's got good action but OMG the controls are so laggy on the mechs and it's just frustrating as hell.

Gears would have got my vote it's 10x the game that LP is IMO, maybe it's just cause i played through on co-op mode.
i dont have any lag with the controls? im suprised how well the game runs and plays.

never thought i would like a third person shooter. best game ive played in a long, long time .... very fun