Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-21-03, 12:49 PM   #1
volt

Angry mplayer

I compiled mplayer today and this is what I get when launching it. Notice the 1 pixel graphic I pointed to. It's supposed to be the mplayer GUI.
Attached Files
File Type: log xfree86.0.log (24.9 KB, 181 views)
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-03, 12:52 PM   #2
volt

Here is the screenshot.
Btw, I have that happen when I click calendar applet
I'm thinking it's driver related somehow, I mean my friend is using the same X server + nvidia card and doesn't have that problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bah.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1543  
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 04-22-03, 12:11 AM   #3
brendan_orr
Linux Geek

Does it happen when you change themes?
brendan_orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-03, 02:09 AM   #4
volt

I found out the problem: Metacity
Changed to sawfish...works fine