Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Which is GOTY to you?
The Orange Box 25 14.53%
Crysis 49 28.49%
Call of Duty 4 35 20.35%
The Witcher 29 16.86%
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 8 4.65%
World in Conflict 0 0%
Bioshock 23 13.37%
Medal of Honour: Airborne 1 0.58%
Unreal Tournament 3 2 1.16%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-07, 08:01 AM   #49
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Nvnews PC GOTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
Oh wait, I forgot about W.I.T.C.H.E.R. and WitcherShock.
You sure did.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 08:16 AM   #50
zampe
HVO Master Sergeant

Send a message via ICQ to zampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
Oh wait, I forgot about C.R.Y.S.I.S. and CrysisShock.
hmmm.... so then I hope u will spend a night with Striga?
Old 12-30-07, 08:59 AM   #51
poullos
Unregistered User

I own 3 out of 9(OB, COD 4 & Bioshock). Played a lot COD 4, only played ~2 hours of Bioshock that didn't make me move from the dated Titan Quest at that time and, I had/have/will have tons of fun with TF 2. My vote goes to TF 2 because it's the most refreshing game IMO. I did try crysis demo, UT 3 demo, stalker at a friends house but, I have been there before. I missed fun and a game that relaxes me. I'm too old for clans and serious stuff. TF 2 FTW!

EDIT: I played WOC demo(or beta...I can't remember) and didn't liked it. I want structures! Witcher is a must have from all the comments everywhere on the net.
poullos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 09:04 AM   #52
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Why in the heck is Crysis winning this poll? Are all the graphics wh0res voting and nobody else? Crysis was pretty much a huge disappointment when you look at the fact that most PCs can't run it on very high settings (not just people here, but the entire world) and everything that was promised to us fell short and wasn't in the final product. Oh yeah, where is that patch that was promised almost a month ago? Hmm . . . I haven't touched Crysis since I did my review on the 8800GT and that wasn't too long after it released.

If there is any game that deserves to be called GOTY, it's the Orange Box. And if you are one of those complainers that thinks the Orange Box shouldn't be included, well then my vote goes for CoD4. What a great game.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 09:18 AM   #53
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Why in the heck is Crysis winning this poll? Are all the graphics wh0res voting and nobody else? Crysis was pretty much a huge disappointment when you look at the fact that most PCs can't run it on very high settings (not just people here, but the entire world) and everything that was promised to us fell short and wasn't in the final product. Oh yeah, where is that patch that was promised almost a month ago? Hmm . . . I haven't touched Crysis since I did my review on the 8800GT and that wasn't too long after it released.

If there is any game that deserves to be called GOTY, it's the Orange Box. And if you are one of those complainers that thinks the Orange Box shouldn't be included, well then my vote goes for CoD4. What a great game.
hmmm - I'm playing Crysis just fine with a custom, medium settings config. on a 7900GTX. Very smooth even at 25fps, which speaks volumes about how well optimized this game is, and the combat is some of the best I've seen in a FPS. It's pretty obvious you haven't played the whole game through, or are just choosing to put folks down who laud the graphics, rather than make any objective points about why you don't like the game.
Old 12-30-07, 09:34 AM   #54
dxx

Am I the only MOH:A fan?
dxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 09:41 AM   #55
grey_1

Yes
Old 12-30-07, 09:57 AM   #56
dxx

Bugger.

Bet I'm the only Timeshift fan here an' all.
dxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-07, 10:05 AM   #57
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Well its obvious as to what game was always going to win right from the start(& just as i expected it is) ..... but if i go by the game i play most at the moment ive voted for the orange box.(well TF2 to be exact)

COD4 is a great game, just waaaaay to short in the single player.

EDIT: and i may get roasted by the crysis fans here but i must add that for me crysis just didnt live up the the year of hype its had, yeah its a good game but no where near as good as i was expecting!

I think crysis just had to much hype and not enough to back all the hype up!
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 10:31 AM   #58
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR
Well its obvious as to what game was always going to win right from the start(& just as i expected it is) ..... but if i go by the game i play most at the moment ive voted for the orange box.(well TF2 to be exact)

COD4 is a great game, just waaaaay to short in the single player.

EDIT: and i may get roasted by the crysis fans here but i must add that for me crysis just didnt live up the the year of hype its had, yeah its a good game but no where near as good as i was expecting!

I think crysis just had to much hype and not enough to back all the hype up!
Yeah, nothing really, really new introduced to the gameplay here, like I felt the hype would have people believe. My opinion is based mostly on the gameplay alone as I can't even see most of the eyecandy. Excellent combat, very smooth presentation - even though it's all been done before, good music and the handling of the different atmospheres between levels was very well done imho.

hl2 ep2 was excellent also, but rather stale feeling and CoD4 bored me to tears within the first hour and a half. Haven't done TF2 yet, but it wouldn't sway my vote anyway.
Old 12-30-07, 10:39 AM   #59
ArrowMk84

The Orange Box followed closely by The Witcher. The Witcher has the best story line and RPG mechanics of any RPG I've played in the past few years. It would be my game of the year if I didn't play TF2 so damn much! TF2 has the online gameplayed nailed! (EA - if you need to rip someone off for your next online game, rip off TF2!) Portal is something new, which we don't see very often. And EP2 grabbed you by the balls the moment you started playing.

Now, about Crysis... Yes, it definitely wins the graphics department, but it doesn't bring in much new story-wise or gameplay-wise. We've all seen customized weapons and abilities before, and aliens attacking Earth is a Scifi staple. While I really did enjoy Crysis, and it looks awesome, it's hardly game of the year material.

Beauty is temporary. Story and gameplay are forever.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 10:51 AM   #60
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84
Beauty is temporary. Story and gameplay are forever.
+1, Thats why i will never forget Mafia!
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote