Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-30-07, 05:01 PM   #1
mythy
Single Male

Default PC gaming and my view of things to come

So here I am with a decent rig bored out of my mind with nothing to do! Oh how I miss the days of Vietnam with those jungles and garilia warfare... The tunnels the guns oh the MUSIC!!! Now lets not forget about BF2 oh yea,all those awesome air battles with cobras and the epic squad based combat. The helo whoring days.. ah they were great! and then there was 2142 oh the walkers, the hover tanks and the snow! Boy wasn't that fun We all marched forth killing in the name of new unlocks and better toys. I spent at least a year of my life in front of my PC playing the BF series and it was well worth it. The mics the clans the team massacres.. HEAVEN!!!

but.. wait.. wtf why am I not playing a BF series right now? Oh thats right EA ****ed us and havnt released any thing new YET! WTF ?!?!?!The next series "bad company" is only Xbox 360 and PS3 WTF?!?!?!?

Ok so there dead to me and I don't see nothing new headed my way with unlocks and squad based combat so that part of me is dead Next up Elder scrolls! God that was fun Morrowind was incredibly vast. Heck I never was able to beat it. The game seamed to never end and the graphics were great and the story!!! Oh but then came Oblivion oh how I wasted months exploring and building up my character. Now that was great!!! But that was years ago.. Wait wheres the next Elder Scrolls at? WTF?!?!?! Another great game series thats just missing

Oh I know F.E.A.R.! That was fun wasn't it... Oh wait they split up and a piece of **** was released carrying its name. Ok but another ones comming but no updated graphics? Again WTF?!?! Sigh...

Now we had Half Life EP1 and 2 but they were to short what a ****ing let down! Well there goes another great series at this point I think we just play it simply to partake in its story line and to see what happens next.

Ah well Mighty Crysis was released! But.. Half way threw the game it takes a **** and despite it being graphically great the story isnt and I never felt involved or wrapped up in it at all. It seamed more like a damn tech demo to me.

Ok but we have call of dudty 4! Ya! Oh wait nothing new here.. And the game lasted me 8 hours.. Ugh thats it well that isn't going to help feed my PC gaming needs.. Ok but we also had lost planet..Yea well I beat that in 7 hours as well.. GOW yea that too

So where are the epic battles? The imersive gaming worlds? The 50 hours of game play time?!?! The vast worlds of exploration?!?!?? WTF is going on here!!!!!!! I'll tell ya whats going on! consoles ruined it all and games are ****ing dead! I might as wellsell myPC and buy a damn Mac!

---Q6600 @3.45 430FSB - P5K Deluxe---
---1066 5-4-4-12 PL6! - 257 GTX OCed---
---ASUS Xonar DX - Dell 2407 24 LCD---
mythy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 05:03 PM   #2
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: PC gaming and my view of things to come

oh great, another one of those thread. good work, all trolls will be coming out now.
Old 12-30-07, 05:04 PM   #3
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

did someone say TROLL?!?!!?

breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 05:07 PM   #4
mythy
Single Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
oh great, another one of those thread. good work, all trolls will be coming out now.

Hey its how I feel and its true. PC gaming is no longer what it used to be. Story's and immersion with in a world is no longer important all that matters is graphics and sales. No one cares to make great PC games all developers wants to do is make some thing they can spread across all the consoles and make money off of.

Old 12-30-07, 05:15 PM   #5
AngelGraves13

I thought BioShock was rather long.

STALKER was so long...I didn't bother finishing it. There's too much to do and not enough time to do it. Not to mention...I have no idea where to go sometimes.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 05:16 PM   #6
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythy
Hey its how I feel and its true. PC gaming is no longer what it used to be. Story's and immersion with in a world is no longer important all that matters is graphics and sales. No one cares to make great PC games all developers wants to do is make some thing they can spread across all the consoles and make money off of.
when a company makes a good game(example Witcher), you don't care and complain about graphics.

when a company games a game with good graphics, you complain about the rest. you download, or as you said "purchased from ebay " a pirated game, and then complain that it doesn't work right.

you just like to complain? if you don't like games any more then don't play.
Old 12-30-07, 05:17 PM   #7
mythy
Single Male

STALKER is rather short if you just do the main quest. The levels are very linear and the maps are lacking in density with brush trees ect. It was a good game just not great. Any way I played it to many times along with bioshock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
when a company makes a good game(example Witcher), you don't care and complain about graphics.

when a company games a game with good graphics, you complain about the rest. you download, or as you said "purchased from ebay " a pirated game, and then complain that it doesn't work right.

you just like to complain? if you don't like games any more then don't play.

uhh no your missing a few things there. I did complain about Witcher its 100% linear you cant roam around the world or nothing your stuck to set paths and its not graphically great at all. Now Lost planet has **** graphics as well and I didn't complain about it not working I was complaining about its patches being steam based as thats just restarted. But then again a game that has help menus pop up during play that tells you how to work your mech USING a XBOX controller is proof enough that the games nothing more then a ****y port!

As for me liking to complain no I am just trying to see if any one agrees with me that PC gaming is going down hill. The good old days are long gone games such as fall out and morowind BF Vietnam Deus EX UT2004 ect. are all gone now.

Old 12-30-07, 05:22 PM   #8
Redeemed

I'm quite thrilled. I love Crysis, find it quite immersvive. Like when you are apart of that full-scale assualt on the island, the jets crashing all around you- everything just total chaos- that was intense! Maybe the fact that I was playing it with my amp cranked way up (I have my PC hooked up to a 5.1 A/V reciever) it just upped the immersion for me cause it litterally sounded like I was there.

The Carrier level- that was intense as well. That hunter that wrecked havoc was rather awesome.

Not done with Episode 2 yet either, stuck where I have to kill all those walkers and hunters. Haven't even started COD4 yet.

I'm quite pleased at the moment, to say the least.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-07, 05:25 PM   #9
mythy
Single Male

You are finished half life EP2 you just don't know it yet. Told ya it was short

Old 12-30-07, 05:25 PM   #10
poullos
Unregistered User

Long does not necessarily mean bad for a game. I like HL2 episodes length as well as other new games SP part. I'm not the type that plays SP forever except from RPG.

My vote goes to....QUALITY>QUANTITY
poullos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 05:34 PM   #11
mythy
Single Male

Here my vision of a PERFECT game. Please tell me if I'm crazy or not

The atmosphere is a combination of COD4 (snipper level) The dence brush the trees ect. Now add to this the STALKER mutants the radiation ect. Now go on and strip the sounds and add those from Far Cry 2 (you can hear them in the demo vids)

That would be a very suspenseful game. So much brush and erie sounds. Creatures popping out of the tall grass and ruined buildings. The wind howling the tress flexing from the wind gusts. The sun sets its nearly pitch black now. All you can see is a few stars and a pair of glowing eyes to your right in the brush. A gust of wind rattles the near by trees and you hear howling in the back ground...

Now Imagen a game world as vast as oblivion x2 and you can freely roam the world collecting guns and ammo, food and information. Just trying to survive . Now that would be a ****ing GREAT game. Its all about atmospheres and style not console sales and ports!

Old 12-30-07, 05:38 PM   #12
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

PC gaming in 2007 rocked, and heres why

Crysis - Best graphical masterpiece, even on medium/high settings it owns just about everything else because of its outdoor realistic design. Not to mention couple that with the most insane gameplay for the first half and its one of the best games of the year (on all platforms) PROOF: http://au.gamespot.com/best-of/genre...ex.html?page=4
http://au.gamespot.com/best-of/platf...ex.html?page=8

Witcher - Incredible world, great moral choices and some great combat nets this game very high praise from most gamers. Reviewers missed rating this one correctly because there are simply so few games like it since well bloodlines/deus ex. PROOF: http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article...71&ref=0&id=66.

Stalker - THe most atmospheric game of 2007, Bioshock does not even come close and I would argue to death those who say its more atmospheric than Stalker. Again a well put together world.
PROOF - http://au.gamespot.com/best-of/speci...x.html?page=23

I could go on, PC got
COD 4(which looks better, runs great and gets patched faster, although local stats blows),
Bioshock, user mods for widescreen and the like,
Gears of War on PC (a year late but with more content),
Supreme Commander - epic battles, massive amount of units,
World in Conflict - great look at mp RTS games, focusing on action and teamwork.
Orange Box of course, couple that with user made maps for portal and TF2 and more content to come no doubt that will be FREE.

Further proof requried?

Ok top 100 rated video games of 2007, of them

X360 29
PC 28
PS2 6
DS 6
PSP 8
XBOX 0
GC 0
PS3 15

Thats right PC games had 28 out of the top 100 rated games on gamerankings, and the witcher isn't even there (unbelievable). Yep for 2007 360 and PC owned everything else.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote