Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-30-07, 04:40 PM   #13
mythy
Single Male

Default Re: PC gaming and my view of things to come

Thats not the point. There accepting what is and giving them ratings brassed on whats out there. Go back to Fallout and compare its story to Crysis. Tell me what you think of that!!! Or Deus Ex compared to Crysis go ahead

---Q6600 @3.45 430FSB - P5K Deluxe---
---1066 5-4-4-12 PL6! - 257 GTX OCed---
---ASUS Xonar DX - Dell 2407 24 LCD---
mythy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 04:42 PM   #14
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I have to say why are you comparing Crysis to Fallout and even Deus Ex to Crysis, Compare Witcher to Deus Ex and it more than matches story wise.

The fact remains PC gaming was great in 2007, and if you can't see that, or for some reason don't agree then its time for a new hobby.

I think your lost planet thread was the most incoherent bunch of ramblings I've seen in 2007, its gets my award for that.

Oh and they are working on BF3 for the PC.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 04:46 PM   #15
mythy
Single Male

I know the games were good I'm just trying to point out that the story side of PC gaming has been going down hill and continues to do so. There used to be games with class and character and innovation. Besides Bioshock (great game) the rest were just bland this year

Old 12-30-07, 04:47 PM   #16
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr
IThe fact remains PC gaming was great in 2007, and if you can't see that, or for some reason don't agree then its time for a new hobby.
start collecting stamps
Old 12-30-07, 04:50 PM   #17
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

PC gaming is going down hill, not because of the games. It's because of us! We complain about everything, some of us pirate, others are only interested in graphics so we install look at the graphics uninstall and that's it. I can really see why consoles are more inviting with the changing industry. Games cost a lot to make and money needs to be made. PC isn't the platform to do that anymore. ::

We do have hope however. Europe. PC is still the dominant platform and we have had some really good titles come out of there. The number crunchers at Crytek don't count though. EA got to them a long time ago. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 04:51 PM   #18
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythy
So here I am with a decent rig bored out of my mind with nothing to do! Oh how I miss the days of Vietnam with those jungles and garilia warfare... The tunnels the guns oh the MUSIC!!! Now lets not forget about BF2 oh yea,all those awesome air battles with cobras and the epic squad based combat. The helo whoring days.. ah they were great! and then there was 2142 oh the walkers, the hover tanks and the snow! Boy wasn't that fun We all marched forth killing in the name of new unlocks and better toys. I spent at least a year of my life in front of my PC playing the BF series and it was well worth it. The mics the clans the team massacres.. HEAVEN!!!

but.. wait.. wtf why am I not playing a BF series right now? Oh thats right EA ****ed us and havnt released any thing new YET! WTF ?!?!?!The next series "bad company" is only Xbox 360 and PS3 WTF?!?!?!?

Ok so there dead to me and I don't see nothing new headed my way with unlocks and squad based combat so that part of me is dead Next up Elder scrolls! God that was fun Morrowind was incredibly vast. Heck I never was able to beat it. The game seamed to never end and the graphics were great and the story!!! Oh but then came Oblivion oh how I wasted months exploring and building up my character. Now that was great!!! But that was years ago.. Wait wheres the next Elder Scrolls at? WTF?!?!?! Another great game series thats just missing

Oh I know F.E.A.R.! That was fun wasn't it... Oh wait they split up and a piece of **** was released carrying its name. Ok but another ones comming but no updated graphics? Again WTF?!?! Sigh...

Now we had Half Life EP1 and 2 but they were to short what a ****ing let down! Well there goes another great series at this point I think we just play it simply to partake in its story line and to see what happens next.

Ah well Mighty Crysis was released! But.. Half way threw the game it takes a **** and despite it being graphically great the story isnt and I never felt involved or wrapped up in it at all. It seamed more like a damn tech demo to me.

Ok but we have call of dudty 4! Ya! Oh wait nothing new here.. And the game lasted me 8 hours.. Ugh thats it well that isn't going to help feed my PC gaming needs.. Ok but we also had lost planet..Yea well I beat that in 7 hours as well.. GOW yea that too

So where are the epic battles? The imersive gaming worlds? The 50 hours of game play time?!?! The vast worlds of exploration?!?!?? WTF is going on here!!!!!!! I'll tell ya whats going on! consoles ruined it all and games are ****ing dead! I might as wellsell myPC and buy a damn Mac!

First of all stop crying, your an embarrassment to yourself. Second of all if you wish to play a 50+hr awesome kick butt game then I suggest you get the Witcher.
Tuningmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 04:51 PM   #19
mythy
Single Male

Ok heres a example that PC gaming is going down hill.

I am playing a PC GAME Developed on a PC. Sold to PC owners. Meant to be played on a PC. I have a PC mouse and a PC keyboard... Ok every one understand that this is a PC game?!?!?

OMG I'm in a mech battle and I get this help screen on how to control my robot.. AINT THAT ****ING GREAT!!!!! WTF?!?!?

Old 12-30-07, 04:55 PM   #20
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:

The fact remains PC gaming was great in 2007, and if you can't see that, or for some reason don't agree then its time for a new hobby.
I agree 100%. I have never had so much fun with my gaming rig until this year.

Quote:
Oh and they are working on BF3 for the PC.
Cant freaking wait.

Old 12-30-07, 04:55 PM   #21
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Lost Planet is a 360 game. Also IF you have a 360 controller plugged in it will show those menus. Unplug it to have keyboard based menus.

Oh wait you have a pirate copy. I have no doubt many issues with game instability can be traced to cracks and/or Windows Live ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-07, 04:57 PM   #22
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Ok heres a example that PC gaming is going down hill.

I am playing a PC GAME Developed on a PC. Sold to PC owners. Meant to be played on a PC. I have a PC mouse and a PC keyboard... Ok every one understand that this is a PC game?!?!?

OMG I'm in a mech battle and I get this help screen on how to control my robot.. AINT THAT ****ING GREAT!!!!! WTF?!?!?

Man you are dumb. First of all that game was originally for the Xbox 360. Second of all you can play it on the PC with an Xbox 360 controller as many people often choose to play it that way.
Old 12-30-07, 04:58 PM   #23
mythy
Single Male

Yea BF3 uhh how many more years must we wait?!?!? Its not that I dont like the current games its just that I played them there done and over.. Theres nothing new to play snd the ones I loved dont have any replacements out yet. There taking ages to make such as BF3. And it wouldnt take so long if they wernt caring about the consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningmaster
Man you are dumb. First of all that game was originally for the Xbox 360. Second of all you can play it on the PC with an Xbox 360 controller as many people often choose to play it that way.

If i wanted to use a ****ing xbox controller I might as well play it on one. I have a PC how does making me want to use my keyboard make me dumb?

Old 12-30-07, 05:00 PM   #24
Tuningmaster
*BANNED*

Quote:
Yea BF3 uhh how many more years must we wait?!?!? Its not that I dont like the current games its just that I played them there done and over.. Theres nothing new to play snd the ones I loved dont have any replacements out yet. There taking ages to make such as BF3. And it wouldnt take so long if they wernt caring about the consoles

I would rather a dev take their time perfecting a title rather than rushing it. Second of all you make no sense in what you say about devs caring about consoles, do you think that they are supposed to ignore consoles and focus only on PC's? Durrrr.