Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-31-07, 01:15 PM   #13
Zelda_fan

Default Re: LOTR HD?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64
I have a capture of Return of the King in HD, 30Gigs. But yeah moment its out for legit ill be buying it, probably will be much better than these captures.

screencaps
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3...p467794mc7.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2...p468957aa5.jpg
I'm hoping that you're HD rip is just someone who unconverted the DVDs to 1080p. Maybe it's the JPG image compression, but those images look like crap compared to other HD-DVD movies.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 02:18 PM   #14
mythy
Single Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Is this NVNEWS' illegal movie download forum?

not if you own them. I own the entire set. Besides if its on TV theres no law that says you cant record it ! Hello DVR/VCR?!?!?

So no theres nothing illegal going on over here

The funny thing is back when that was broad casted the films wernt encoded to HD DVD so it must just be unconverted very well. Kinda amazing if you ask me

---Q6600 @3.45 430FSB - P5K Deluxe---
---1066 5-4-4-12 PL6! - 257 GTX OCed---
---ASUS Xonar DX - Dell 2407 24 LCD---
mythy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 03:19 PM   #15
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I'm hoping that you're HD rip is just someone who unconverted the DVDs to 1080p. Maybe it's the JPG image compression, but those images look like crap compared to other HD-DVD movies.
i think the rips are from HDTV....

there's people claiming to have Star Wars hd videos and i'm pretty sure they're the same thing...
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 03:38 PM   #16
evilchris

TV HD sucks ****. Nothing near actual HD. Dish and cable HD is "HD-lite".
Old 12-31-07, 03:39 PM   #17
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythy
not if you own them. I own the entire set. Besides if its on TV theres no law that says you cant record it ! Hello DVR/VCR?!?!?

So no theres nothing illegal going on over here

The funny thing is back when that was broad casted the films wernt encoded to HD DVD so it must just be unconverted very well. Kinda amazing if you ask me
You do not own the entire set as it has never been sold. When the HD version comes out, do I get them for free since I own the DVD's? What moronic "reasoning" if you think owning the DVD entitles you to every single version ever again released in any medium. Downloading an illegal duplication on the Internet != hitting record on a VCR connected to a cable box. Pirates like you are the very reason we have such retarded pain in the ass "inventions" like HDMI and DRM. By your logic, I guess Youtube should start having movies there for free. Afterall, if they air on TV they must be free!

Additionally, you knowingly bypassed encryption and copy protection schemes if you have a PC transfer of something that aired in HD on Cable or Satellite.
Old 12-31-07, 04:31 PM   #18
mythy
Single Male

You have some good points. but.. Do you believe one can not record what there watching on there TV for viewing latter? What if they use a PVR PC like I do? So I recorded LOTR and yet I own the DVD's. Does that make me a pirate?

As others have said the HD DVD's were not out back then they are just playing the DVD and being unconverted. So really there just playing what I have. How is that stealing? If I have a damaged disc of a move and then download the disc from the web does that make a pirate? Some people are way to quick to claim thief or pirate. Sure it is a morally grey area but its not nearly that serious.

Old 12-31-07, 06:45 PM   #19
evilchris

Quote:
So I recorded LOTR and yet I own the DVD's. Does that make me a pirate?
Quote:
well 3 seconds after that PM I'm at 4.8K and holding Yea see it in 20 years

Which one is the lie and which is the truth?

One of these is legal:

1. Downloading a movie on the Internet from ANY SOURCE which is not authorized.
2. Recording a movie using a PVR, VCR, DVD Recorder etc sourced from an OTA broadcast, cable, satellite etc for personal in home viewing at a later time.

Is this so difficult? If you do #1 you are a pirate, period, and responsible for the current nightmare state of DRM. Quit trying to justify your stealing. The "I broke my disc" argument holds no weight either. The only thing I can find in my house where I get a free replacement if I break it is Craftsman Tools.

The bottom line is you have no respect for others' property. It isn't up to YOU to determine how serious it is, it is up to the OWNER OF THE PROPERTY to determine how serious it is to them, with matters concerning THEIR PROPERTY. They have determined it to be a big deal. I hope someone robs you someday.
Old 12-31-07, 07:11 PM   #20
mythy
Single Male

the top was hypothetical why on earth would i be dling it if I had it The point is if you bought it once you should have a right to grab another copy if you need it. Not another disc tho that would be wrong since some one had to pay for it to make it. But as far as a digital copy its not hurting any one. You already paid for it once. People like you support Bioshcoks statement on the 3 installs and family use. They commented that if you payed for it why should your brother get to play it... Its just ****ing stupid

The same goes for newspapers. You paid for it its yours. No one else has that rite to read it its not theres. If they wish to read it they need to bu ya copy. Now you tell me you never let any one read your magazine or a news paper you bought? Your a ****ing Thief and a Pirate! Shame on you!!!! Your hurting newspaper sales and should be locked up!

Doesn't sound fair does it? Actually it sounds stupid but its true. Sharing a newspaper is a crime.

Old 12-31-07, 07:26 PM   #21
evilchris

Quote:
blahblahblah.
You still don't get it. You don't have a "right" to ****. The property owner however, does. It isn't up to you. It is up to the owner of the material.
Old 12-31-07, 07:30 PM   #22
Tork64

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
You still don't get it. You don't have a "right" to ****. The property owner however, does. It isn't up to you. It is up to the owner of the material.
Wow, Mr Internet police, either do something about it or stop bitching.
Samsung Widescreen 920bw
Vista / XP Pro
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 07:35 PM   #23
mythy
Single Male

Ok well some people are just really stuck up and morally perfect. I am guessing your one off them. Thank god I am not I am a firm believer in try before you buy and "once its paid for its yours" If I buy a DVD and the disk is scratched I feel that I am 100% with in my right to grab a copy on line. I am sorry you do not see it that way. Luckily for me there are millions around the world that agree with me. I am a big fan of LOTR and I will do what it takes to get my hands on it in HD and when its officially released they will get my money. If DLing a copy of the same movie I already owns makes me a thief then tattoo a pirate on my ass and be done with it...

Old 12-31-07, 07:35 PM   #24
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64
Wow, Mr Internet police, either do something about it or stop bitching.
Wow, Mr. Idiot Kid with a crap job and no money. What I am doing about it is laughing at what a broke ass loser you are.