Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-03-08, 05:11 PM   #13
methimpikehoses

Default Re: How to connect Wii to 2407??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
use an auxiliary in port on your sound card. worst case scenario, use the mic support.
I don't have a sound card... just mobo audio.
Old 01-03-08, 05:17 PM   #14
BrianG
aka HalcYoN - Hook Em!

Your mobo has line-in.

photobriangray
Nikon D700 and D300s | SB-600 | Tamron 28-75/2.8 | Tamron 17-50/2.8 | Nikon 70-200VR I
10.5/2.8 Fisheye | 28/1.8 AF-S | 35/1.8 AF-S | 50/1.8 | 105/F2 AF-D | Sigma 150/2.8 Macro
Nikon J1 | 10-30VR |30-100VR | 10/2.8 | 18/1.8
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 05:23 PM   #15
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG
Your mobo has line-in.
So I could put the wii in the line-in and the speakers in the line-out and it would work?
Old 01-03-08, 05:53 PM   #16
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Yes. You'll have to configure the recording volumes too.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 05:57 PM   #17
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Yes. You'll have to configure the recording volumes too.
???????11
Old 01-03-08, 06:15 PM   #18
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
???????11
Vista or XP?

In XP, what you need to do is...

1. double click on the volume icon in your taskbar to bring up the audio controls OR this can also be reached by going to in the control panel, and click on sounds and audio devices. (May need to click that option twice if using category view) Then once the sound and audio device properties window is open click advanced.

2. In order to hear the sound from the speakers, you'll need to unmute your line in channel. Chances are you may need to display it first. So click options and properties on the advanced audio properties window and make sure the radio button under "adjust volume for" is set to playback. Under show the following volume controls you are most likely looking for something called line in. Make sure the box next to it is checked so you can configure it.

3. Hit okay. Now you should see a slider for line in along with the other volume controls. You'll want to make sure that you deselect mute for the line in or your won't get any sound. You can adjust the amount of volume let through here later, but halfway is usually a good place to start.

4. Now open up the options and choose properties again. This time you'll want to change the radio button to say recording tab instead of playback. Once you do that make sure that line in is selected in the list below and click okay.

5. This is where you actually set which device will be used for recording. You'll need to make sure that the "select" check box for line in is checked. Once again you can adjust the volume controls here as well but I would stick with about half way up to start. If your sound is scratchy this is usually the one to turn down because the signal coming into the computer is too strong.

6. Plug that connector into the pc's line in, turn on your Wii and enjoy.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 06:34 PM   #19
methimpikehoses

Vista 64

...thanks for the help
Old 01-03-08, 06:54 PM   #20
Bman212121

YW, the only problem is those directions will be hard to follow for Vista since they changed a bunch of stuff. The idea is the same but you have to do it a little differently.

*Reboots into Vista 64 bit*

Open up the control panel, click on hardware and sound. Then click on sound. This is equivalent to the playback/recording except you can see both tabs at the same time. What you'll need to do for the playback tab is select speakers, right click and choose properties. Then click on levels and find line in. Make sure it is unmuted and should be set around 50. (You can leave it default if you want and first, then adjust later.) Click okay to go back to the sound window.

Click on the recording tab, then find the "line in" in the device list and click on it. You can either right click on line in or click the button at the bottom of the window to set the line in as the default device. Once you do that you can right click on line in and choose properites. Click on the levels tab and adjust this to 50. As stated before this one will have a bigger effect on the quality of the sound because if it is turned too high everything will become distorted. You can click okay a few times and that should set everything up. Just plug the Wii into the line in with that adapter and it *should* work. (I found Vista to be a little more of a pain to get stuff like this working so you may have to mess around with it a little before it decides to work. In either case, sometimes running the sound wizard will solve the problem if you can't get anything to come through the line in.)
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-08, 07:29 PM   #21
methimpikehoses

I'll give it a go later tonight when I'm home... thanks.

edit: found all the sound setups, and my line-in on the mobo. Now I just need the 2F --> 1 M connector and I can give it a whirl. Tried 1 F in the "line-in" and it didn't respond. Please post spam relating to these statements below.
Old 01-04-08, 05:07 PM   #22
methimpikehoses

Heh, got my connector today, and picked up Excite Truck as well. Now if I can just get off work.
Old 01-04-08, 05:15 PM   #23
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Work?! It's Saturday!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-08, 05:29 PM   #24
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Work?! It's Saturday!
I hate you, Future Man!!!11