Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-31-07, 08:26 AM   #1
turdhat

Default WOW for someone who prefers to play solo.

I dont have tons of time but managed to get a Blood Elf Pally to 50 speced prot.
I stopped playing a few months ago because it seemed like finding solo quests became too much of a chore. Has this changed any ? Any tips for someone who wants to get back in to the game, play solo most of the time and not be bored or spending all my time bouncing between continents ?
Gigabyte 580 @945/2232
4 Gigs Ripjaw @ 1600
Antec (a good one) 650w
A Partridge in a pear tree.
turdhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 08:55 AM   #2
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: WOW for someone who prefers to play solo.

well WoW is not really geared to solo play past 70. If you play solo, you can skip all the group quests and move on. One option once you get 70 is PvP. It does not require to have people to play with, because the servers will queue people together.

IMO, the best part of WoW is the social aspect.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 09:03 AM   #3
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

respec him as ret.. or a combination of both so you arnt totally vulnerable in instances. But if you solo mostly, theres no reason to go prot.
Old 12-31-07, 12:54 PM   #4
Yaboze

Prot, specced right can be good for groups of mobs because of the damage shield.

Anyway, I can't believe you had a hard time at 50, at 50 there is so much more to do than at 30-49 it's crazy. You got past the hard part, which is late 40's.

At 50, you can do to Ungoro, Felwood, Eastern/Western Plaguelands. There's a level 50 class quest in Azshara (find in home city) for each class, that has several quests that are solo to start.

In the early 50's you can hit Winterspring and late 50's you can hit (58) Outland. You can do 50-58 so fast and hit Outlands it's not even funny.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 04:59 PM   #5
K007

respec him to ret..they buffed it very well, not to mention protection is more towards the AOE leveling.

At the same time Blizz made the 1-60 XP pretty much cut in half, while 60-70 was pretty well designed.

Once you hit 70, you can farm the honor gear, and gear up for arena.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 05:19 PM   #6
jolle

Latest patch improved soloplayability up to 60 didnt it?
Atleast alot of Group Qs have been made solo Qs, and alot of elites turned regular.

I guess Pally isnt the best solo play class, Hunter or Lock are pretty easy to play alone.
Old 12-31-07, 05:39 PM   #7
Yaboze

Last patch reduced XP to level from 30-60, increased XP from quests from 20-60.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-08, 11:05 PM   #8
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdhat
I dont have tons of time but managed to get a Blood Elf Pally to 50 speced prot.
I stopped playing a few months ago because it seemed like finding solo quests became too much of a chore. Has this changed any ? Any tips for someone who wants to get back in to the game, play solo most of the time and not be bored or spending all my time bouncing between continents ?
You like playing solo?
I quite enjoy teaming up with people to quest and have made some good wow buddies who have been very entertaining and helpful over the months. I guess I have a lot of real life friends and even my bf who play as well, so I dont often quest alone to be honest and when I do, I get kinda bored quickly.

There will always be a lot of bouncing between continents...maybe not so much when you hit 60 though, as you will mostly be focusing on the outlands by then anyway.

Old 01-03-08, 06:56 AM   #9
Son Goku

50 is not a time that solo becomes tough. Though the horde equivallent to the quest that opens the cauldron quests in WPL would be a pain to solo. The ali only has to kill 10 skelatal flayers, and 10 of the other mobs in the cemetary near Chillwind point.

When I saw the horde equivallent concerning poping the tent and what not with the scarlet crusade, I nearly fell outa my chair. I did solo it on my now lvl 70 orc hunter; but all I can say is not the next time. I'll get a group, in comparison to the alliance equivallent, that was just rediculous. Hmm, if one wanted to be a synic, they could almost ask if the ali getting easier quests is why they don't perform as well in BGs End game, one would be hard pressed to explain that way though, as ali side there do at times seem to be more guildes in the higher lvl instances. On the other hand, PuGs for 5 mans ali side can also be painful.

Winterspring opens up soon. Only problem is if you want to solo play, latter on grinding, repping, making money, etc becomes the only viable activities. With my hunter having exalted with the Wintersaber trainers (no not this last patch, but last May), Scryers, Kurenai, and almost exalted with the Timbermaw (also done mostly before 2.2), Consortium, and Revered Argent Dawn; it does grow old. I can rep yes, but by now I also grow tired of it faster then before and have to take breaks.

There are dailies for Ogri'la rep, many of which can be soloed (though watch for those who try to steal one's rays, play with the lights on that simmon game at another "console" or what not. Heck, I had some horde land where I was getting ready to laso an aethar ray, to then kite it back. As he coudln't laso, he killed the thing on me before the laso animation finished. After harassing me for awhile, I finally agroed several boars, walked them over to him, and feigned death on his arse. He got the point and stopped killing my rays as I went to laso them.

Only problem with Ogri'la dailies for you, is the chain to open them involves several group quests killing the various Sons of Gruul. You'll have to group to open those up.

Don't rule raides or what not totally out though, even if you have to be explicit on what times you can/can't play and find a guild that won't try to make you play more. Grinding isn't exactly what I'd term fun, but to each their own.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote