Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-08, 11:40 AM   #181
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Warner to go Blu-ray exclusive May 2008!

What did they do wrong here? Even if the rumors of Warners payout is true, who really cares? You HD-DVD fanboys were going nuts when Paramount was bought out (like a cheap hooker that didn't put out), yet now suddenly it is evil and the BDA should be tried for raping and murdering your families.

And I am a movie fan, I actually care about the PQ and AQ of a movie, not how I can clutter up my screen with the director and fluffer for some gay movies.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 11:43 AM   #182
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
What did they do wrong here? Even if the rumors of Warners payout is true, who really cares? You HD-DVD fanboys were going nuts when Paramount was bought out (like a cheap hooker that didn't put out), yet now suddenly it is evil and the BDA should be tried for raping and murdering your families.

And I am a movie fan, I actually care about the PQ and AQ of a movie, not how I can clutter up my screen with the director and fluffer for some gay movies.
You care about PQ and AQ yet use a PS3 for BD? lol! How do you like your DTS? My DVD's have that. How do you like your "WhIIIRRRRRRR" fan noise during quiet portions of the movie? You should try a real BD player like my BD30 sometime Hunt. You'd throw that POS away.

I don't care about the payoff, that's the name of the game, I care about outright lies.
Old 01-08-08, 11:45 AM   #183
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
You care about PQ and AQ yet use a PS3 for BD? lol! How do you like your DTS? My DVD's have that.

I don't care about the payoff, that's the name of the game, I care about outright lies.
I love that audio... same thing you get on about 90% of your HD-DVDs. Good thing most blu-rays have other lossless formats that we can decode.

And hey, once I can decode the HD-MA tracks I am good to go... you will be stuck with lossy audio on your discs forever.

EDIT: To reply to your edit.

Actually the PS3 is actually VERY quiet and I have NEVER heard the fan run, get a real console and get off the 360s nuts.
Old 01-08-08, 11:47 AM   #184
evilchris

Quote:
I love that audio... same thing you get on about 90% of your HD-DVDs. Good thing most blu-rays have other lossless formats that we can decode.

And hey, once I can decode the HD-MA tracks I am good to go... you will be stuck with lossy audio on your discs forever.
I have HD DVD and BD genius. I have more than you have and always will. You're too much of a PS3 fanboy to own HD DVD or have a real BD player.
Old 01-08-08, 11:47 AM   #185
evilchris

Quote:
get a real console and get off the 360s nuts.
Consoles are for games. PS3 is just an ugly, limited BD player. I feel your pain though Hunt, it must be difficult seeing what a failure the PS3 has been as a gaming console.
Old 01-08-08, 11:50 AM   #186
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

meh, quit your bitching. By next year all of you bastards will be watching BD movies
Old 01-08-08, 11:52 AM   #187
evilchris

I already watch them and have for over a year. I am a movie fan. Hunt is a format fan, that's why he only has access to 400 out of 800 HDM titles.
Old 01-08-08, 11:59 AM   #188
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

With BR players getting cheaper, I sure as heck wouldn't buy a PS3 for BR playback. I heard it was horrible. Also, I have an old Sony DreamTheater 5.1 system so I don't need anything that does 6.1 audio and up. DVD audio is perfectly fine for me.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-08, 12:21 PM   #189
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
I have HD DVD and BD genius. I have more than you have and always will. You're too much of a PS3 fanboy to own HD DVD or have a real BD player.
Actually *GASP* I bought the HD-DVD add-on for the 360... I like how everybody talks about how smooth the menus are, when they are the exact opposite... navigating the menu on King Kong was a pain.

Like I said... I am a movie fan, and HD-DVD had a few (I own 4 or 5 HD-DVDs, 1 of which was the free piece of crap that I hate, King Kong) that were exclusive.
Old 01-08-08, 12:21 PM   #190
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Consoles are for games. PS3 is just an ugly, limited BD player. I feel your pain though Hunt, it must be difficult seeing what a failure the PS3 has been as a gaming console.
Was talking about the noise factor... just because the 360 is ridiculously noisy, doesn't mean every other console ever is also.
Old 01-08-08, 12:24 PM   #191
evilchris

Quote:
Was talking about the noise factor... just because the 360 is ridiculously noisy, doesn't mean every other console ever is also.
I had a 40GB PS3 for a week and returned it to Fry's due to noise. I can post pics and receipt if you wish. It was way too noisy and is supposedly the quietest one. Just watching a movie would put the fan on speed 2. My house is cooled to 68 F year round and the console was out in open space.
Old 01-08-08, 12:26 PM   #192
evilchris

Quote:
Actually *GASP* I bought the HD-DVD add-on for the 360... I like how everybody talks about how smooth the menus are, when they are the exact opposite... navigating the menu on King Kong was a pain.
Blame the player. I don't like the addon either. Console players suck and always have imo. The menus in Kong are like butter ony my XA2.