Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-08, 12:26 PM   #193
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Warner to go Blu-ray exclusive May 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
I had a 40GB PS3 for a week and returned it to Fry's due to noise. I can post pics and receipt if you wish. It was way too noisy and is supposedly the quietest one. Just watching a movie would put the fan on speed 2. My house is cooled to 68 F year round and the console was out in open space.
Sure... I believe you completely.

Oh and do you always watch movies muted, while sitting 1 inch from the console?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 12:27 PM   #194
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Sure... I believe you completely.

Oh and do you always watch movies muted, while sitting 1 inch from the console?
12.5', reference level. Console was 15' away.
Old 01-08-08, 12:42 PM   #195
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
With BR players getting cheaper, I sure as heck wouldn't buy a PS3 for BR playback. I heard it was horrible. Also, I have an old Sony DreamTheater 5.1 system so I don't need anything that does 6.1 audio and up. DVD audio is perfectly fine for me.
Its not terrible at all. And if audio and even extras are not that important to you why would you then look down on the PS3 has a player? Regardless its a great player, does other stuff and it plays games too.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 12:45 PM   #196
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
12.5', reference level. Console was 15' away.
Sure.
Old 01-08-08, 12:53 PM   #197
ViN86

Quote:
hunt is the biggest fanboy on planet Earth. The "HD-DUD" comment shows he comes from blu-ray.com, shill central and full of queer 13 year old PS3 fanbots.
case in point:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63088
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 12:54 PM   #198
ViN86

is it possible to provide updates to the PS3 for BD playback? ie, upgrades from v1.1 to v2.0?

if that's possible, then that's really the only reason i can see to purchase the PS3 for BD playback.
Old 01-08-08, 12:59 PM   #199
ViN86

Quote:
What did they do wrong here? Even if the rumors of Warners payout is true, who really cares? You HD-DVD fanboys were going nuts when Paramount was bought out (like a cheap hooker that didn't put out), yet now suddenly it is evil and the BDA should be tried for raping and murdering your families.

And I am a movie fan, I actually care about the PQ and AQ of a movie, not how I can clutter up my screen with the director and fluffer for some gay movies.
going nuts? what? when?

where did i say BD is evil? i said it's inferior. that's a fact. furthermore, you are a "movie fan" eh? sounds like you just blow your load over BD capacity and ignore the content.

im pretty sure you login to nvnews, click on links, then just substitute your own content without actually reading the threads.
Old 01-08-08, 01:02 PM   #200
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
is it possible to provide updates to the PS3 for BD playback? ie, upgrades from v1.1 to v2.0?

if that's possible, then that's really the only reason i can see to purchase the PS3 for BD playback.
Well since the PS3 started as 1.0, and is now a 1.1 player (which remember, is NEVER COMING OUT BECAUSE IT IS VAPORWARE!@#), I would say it will go to 2.0.

Quote:
going nuts? what? when?

where did i say BD is evil? i said it's inferior. that's a fact. furthermore, you are a "movie fan" eh? sounds like you just blow your load over BD capacity and ignore the content.

im pretty sure you login to nvnews, click on links, then just substitute your own content without actually reading the threads.
My post you are referring to was in response to evilchris.

And yes, I am a movie fan... the format with the most movies with the best available audio (read: Lossless) is the one I am going to be a fan of. I don't have to be able to buy a transformers shirt through my disc.

Old 01-08-08, 01:17 PM   #201
evilchris

Quote:
Well since the PS3 started as 1.0, and is now a 1.1 player (which remember, is NEVER COMING OUT BECAUSE IT IS VAPORWARE!@#), I would say it will go to 2.0.

My post you are referring to was in response to evilchris.

And yes, I am a movie fan... the format with the most movies with the best available audio (read: Lossless) is the one I am going to be a fan of. I don't have to be able to buy a transformers shirt through my disc.
lol, if you were a lossless fan you wouldn't run a PS3. Are you a fan of PQ at all? BD uses a crapton of MPEG2, which absolutely sucks ass.

Hunt did you know that if weren't for Microsoft and HD DVD the BDA would have never added support for any other codec than MPEG2? Sony will tell you just that.
Old 01-08-08, 01:19 PM   #202
evilchris

Quote:

PS3 will have BDLive ( 2.0 ). DTS-MA, no one knows, Sony is too arrogant to answer the pleas of its customers.

The biggest issue with PS3 is the soft picture. Once you've seen a standalone versus a PS3 in PQ, you won't use the PS3 anymore. Same is true with the 360 addon.
Old 01-08-08, 04:33 PM   #203
amk21
*BANNED*

Quote:
PS3 will have BDLive ( 2.0 ). DTS-MA, no one knows, Sony is too arrogant to answer the pleas of its customers.

The biggest issue with PS3 is the soft picture. Once you've seen a standalone versus a PS3 in PQ, you won't use the PS3 anymore. Same is true with the 360 addon.
I never used my ps2 for dvd playback, the same goes for my ps3 and my 360, I'm gonna wait until there is a clear and decisive winner
amk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 09:02 PM   #204
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Now it's official. New Line moves to Blu-ray only.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...o_Blu-ray/1351

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote