Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-31-08, 01:27 AM   #421
|MaguS|

Default Re: Warner to go Blu-ray exclusive May 2008!

Every on demand HD program I have seen looked like ****, heck I have TNT in HD and watch it all the time, and I still think an up converted DVD of Law and Order looks better then the BS they pass off.

Maybe its due to Brighthouse Networks for the poor quality but I dont think Digital Distro is going to take off for a long time.
Old 01-31-08, 01:34 AM   #422
mullet

I want to see HD over Verizon FIOS.
Old 01-31-08, 03:30 PM   #423
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Every on demand HD program I have seen looked like ****, heck I have TNT in HD and watch it all the time, and I still think an up converted DVD of Law and Order looks better then the BS they pass off.

Maybe its due to Brighthouse Networks for the poor quality but I dont think Digital Distro is going to take off for a long time.
You're right. It's going to be at least 10 years before we have a sufficient network to stream good HD stuff. I mean, I live in a rather heavily populated area (Newport News, VA) and I can't get better than 3MB down unless I pay out of my ass.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-08, 03:31 PM   #424
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet
+1

Along with greater coverage areas from the company...
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-08, 07:57 PM   #425
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet
Verizon currently does not have HD-VOD (but plans to soon). Currently they only have SD-VOD. I hope thier expansion goes fast, if so we may see streaming HD sooner than people think. I know I'm pretty happy with VZ TV (except the DVR sucks, which is why when I have the extra cash I am going to get an HD-Tivo with a cable card.) I'm on the 15 meg up and 15 meg down plan for internet and it pretty much screams...I am VERY happy with FIOS overall...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-08, 08:11 PM   #426
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
Verizon currently does not have HD-VOD (but plans to soon). Currently they only have SD-VOD. I hope thier expansion goes fast, if so we may see streaming HD sooner than people think. I know I'm pretty happy with VZ TV (except the DVR sucks, which is why when I have the extra cash I am going to get an HD-Tivo with a cable card.) I'm on the 15 meg up and 15 meg down plan for internet and it pretty much screams...I am VERY happy with FIOS overall...
Considering the way verizon acts when people use too much bandwidth downloading, I dout they will produce HD Streaming in a High Quality format in the near future. If anything it would be like how Brighthouse does it, which looks like ****.

I know at&t has plans for HD Streaming aswell with their Uverse but no clue on its quality. We will start selling it here in Florida by the end of the year hopefully.
Old 01-31-08, 08:28 PM   #427
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

the problems people have been having with verizon's download limits has been on their wireless "broadband" service I think.

I haven't heard of any caps with FIOS yet.
Old 01-31-08, 08:37 PM   #428
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu
the problems people have been having with verizon's download limits has been on their wireless "broadband" service I think.

I haven't heard of any caps with FIOS yet.
Because theres not many people using verizon FIOS, You don't need to limit your pipes when the users don't use much bandwidth as a whole. I read somewhere that theres a soft limit of around 80Gb per month.

Old 01-31-08, 08:39 PM   #429
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

wow that'd be less than my comcast connection
Old 01-31-08, 08:49 PM   #430
Tr1cK
not coming back

My cable was 24mb down. I miss the speed, but I don't miss the ton of disconnects it had daily. Now I'm down to 3mb DSL and it totally sucks in comparison for any downloads.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 12:50 AM   #431
mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
VOD is ok but you have HD channels right? if so how does it look? more details please.

EDIT nm I just looked up there channel lineup.
Old 02-09-08, 03:05 PM   #432
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan
Thought this is pretty interesting summarize of what has went on format war since WB big announcement.

Note on Circuit City part, it's been confirmed it's price error so they're not putting HD-DVD players on clearance.

IMO, that's pretty bad for HD-DVD side, but at same time I'm glad format war is near to end. This Friday is first month of February so, maybe we'll be hearing from either Universal or Paramount...
When are the cheap players coming?
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote