Cerebral Barbarian

Default Re: Crysis Retail Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Gah, I ejaculated
Damnit, right on the thread too...
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 10:06 AM   #26
conroejoe
*BANNED*

The beta patch will be out next year, it's 8.2GB zipped and called Crysis_2.exe. Maybe next time Crytek will focus a wee bit on the actual performance of the crap they are releasing and for crying out loud don't ruin it with flying around shooting 2 poly aliens. LAME.
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 02:22 PM   #27
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
The beta patch will be out next year, it's 8.2GB zipped and called Crysis_2.exe. Maybe next time Crytek will focus a wee bit on the actual performance of the crap they are releasing and for crying out loud don't ruin it with flying around shooting 2 poly aliens. LAME.
Nope. I'm betting the sequal will have even improved visuals over the first, and once again the top of the line systems at that time *still* wont be able to play it in all its glory.

And honestly this is what I'm hoping for. Cevat promised us (heck, you could say it was more of a warning) that no system available today can play Crysis with 100% everything maxed- he warned us of this even before the game came out! And yet people were shocked by the framerates when they maxed all possible settings.

He could have written this in big bold letters, and smacked each of you up the head with it and ya'll still wouldn't have gotten it.

Atleast they were kind enough to disable the "Ultra" settings. Otherwise there'd be even more crying going on.

Now for my first complaint about the game- I've encountered my first "glitch". Just a graphical anomoly actually. Kind of takes from the game play, but oh well. My second time through the game, nearly half way through, and this is the first time I see such a "glitch". Still not enough to completely kill the game for me.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 02:33 PM   #28
mumstheword

Can the OP kindly add to the end of the title a '?' or atleast a '/' to show us that you've tried.
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:00 PM   #29
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed

And honestly this is what I'm hoping for. Cevat promised us (heck, you could say it was more of a warning) that no system available today can play Crysis with 100% everything maxed- he warned us of this even before the game came out! And yet people were shocked by the framerates when they maxed all possible settings.

He could have written this in big bold letters, and smacked each of you up the head with it and ya'll still wouldn't have gotten it.
I know, right? Personally I love the way it's done. More eye-candy for later.
Old 01-06-08, 05:03 PM   #30
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
I know, right? Personally I love the way it's done. More eye-candy for later.
QFT.
Old 01-06-08, 05:17 PM   #31
conroejoe
*BANNED*

I remember all these videos with smooth Crysis gameplay touting that it was running an 8800GTX and quad. So those were lies then? Probably taken at 1-2 FPS then run through some video software to get them to look faster than they were.

I don't understand you guys that argue Crysis doesn't have linear gameplay. The whole first part and in the alien ship are on rails as much as anything else is??? Other parts give you more freedom but its not like they gave you an island to do what you want to, there are still limitations in the maps and sections you cannot get to.
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:29 PM   #32
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
I remember all these videos with smooth Crysis gameplay touting that it was running an 8800GTX and quad. So those were lies then? Probably taken at 1-2 FPS then run through some video software to get them to look faster than they were.

I don't understand you guys that argue Crysis doesn't have linear gameplay. The whole first part and in the alien ship are on rails as much as anything else is??? Other parts give you more freedom but its not like they gave you an island to do what you want to, there are still limitations in the maps and sections you cannot get to.
More than likely that is how those videos were taken. No where did they ever claim how they got those videos- was it a "real-time capture" like what FRAPS does, or what you referred to? No where did they claim either. People just jumped to conclusion. I had my doubts when I saw those videos, hence why I'm now not disappointed. It actually exceeded my expectations.

And I'll agree that the game is still very linear. But it is a lot less linear than many FPSs. Honestly, the only non-linear game I've played is Oblivion- every other game is linear to one degree or another.

Old 01-06-08, 05:47 PM   #33
fizix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
Can the OP kindly add to the end of the title a '?' or atleast a '/' to show us that you've tried.
Some of you need to reexamine your life if a 'misleading' title of an internet thread is causing you this much ache
eVGA 8800GTX@630/1040/e6600@3.3GHz 38C 1.3v w/thermalarmor Big Typhoon cooling/2x800mhzPC6400/eVGA 680i/Modular 650W/ViewSonic '19lcd/3DMark06:12k
fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 06:14 PM   #34
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Dude. It's Crysis! WTf! You need to examine your life!

::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 06:18 PM   #35
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Dude. It's Crysis! WTf! You need to examine your life!

Old 01-06-08, 06:24 PM   #36
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

That thing is still really really creepy.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote