Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-08, 09:32 PM   #1
Alaa
Peace
 
Alaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cairo
Posts: 431
Default CSS bug?

I just saw people changing their weapons more than normal so I tried it and I think I get more accuracy just after switching to the desired weapon!! Is this a bug?
Alaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 09:44 PM   #2
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: CSS bug?

Probably.

Crap like that is half the reason I stopped playing CS:S. It seemed like every week there was some new exploit that people were using to get an upper hand.
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 10:14 PM   #3
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: CSS bug?

Erm....are you saying..they dropped there weapon...got a new one..and has better accuracy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Probably.

Crap like that is half the reason I stopped playing CS:S. It seemed like every week there was some new exploit that people were using to get an upper hand.
CoD4 is even worse, hackers all over..and the perks/shooting through wall option makes it even more of a headache lol -.-
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 10:26 PM   #4
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: CSS bug?

I don't mean hackers specifically, but people that'd exploit gameplay flaws to get an upper hand.

TF2 has some as well, though they aren't too bad and they're being ironed pretty often... like the sniper scope weapon switch thing that was just fixed.

And don't even get me started on scripts. I hate that crap. I consider them exploits. I messed with them once and it just felt wrong trying to compete when I'm hitting a single button for things that others have to hit 10 buttons for. Such a lame advantage. Especially when you don't even make your own scripts.

CS is jam packed with script users too, which is what I was referring to mostly.
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 11:00 PM   #5
nutcrackr
Super Registered User
 
nutcrackr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,210
Default Re: CSS bug?

I have this placebo pill, it cures all your diseases and will make you feel 100% better, trust me.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-08, 11:14 PM   #6
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: CSS bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
I don't mean hackers specifically, but people that'd exploit gameplay flaws to get an upper hand.

TF2 has some as well, though they aren't too bad and they're being ironed pretty often... like the sniper scope weapon switch thing that was just fixed.

And don't even get me started on scripts. I hate that crap. I consider them exploits. I messed with them once and it just felt wrong trying to compete when I'm hitting a single button for things that others have to hit 10 buttons for. Such a lame advantage. Especially when you don't even make your own scripts.

CS is jam packed with script users too, which is what I was referring to mostly.
Mmm..the only upper hand things i see are mostly rates..which isen't a game breaker since most servers i play force proper rates...

Most scripts are usually net settings people have, some buy scripts..i would hardly call them exploits that make them god....

What kind of scripts are you talking about?

I would say cheating in CoD4 is more pain in the ass than CS : S. With the perks, and ability to shoot through walls/etc..and the fact that you die so fast...is very annoying..at least in CS you can shoot a hacker..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 12:36 AM   #7
Alaa
Peace
 
Alaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cairo
Posts: 431
Default Re: CSS bug?

fyi, Switching between weapons using the mouse not by picking up weapons.
----------------
Anyone know how to make a custom player skin work in-game? I copied all the files but this doesn't feel right... There should something to tell the game that I will use those extra files like those scripts but it is not there!
Alaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 01:08 AM   #8
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: CSS bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007
Mmm..the only upper hand things i see are mostly rates..which isen't a game breaker since most servers i play force proper rates...

Most scripts are usually net settings people have, some buy scripts..i would hardly call them exploits that make them god....

What kind of scripts are you talking about?

I would say cheating in CoD4 is more pain in the ass than CS : S. With the perks, and ability to shoot through walls/etc..and the fact that you die so fast...is very annoying..at least in CS you can shoot a hacker..
This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/scriptcats/3

Just look at some of those.

Its like CS has turned into Guitar Hero or some crap. Just hit a sequence of buttons so that all the scripts run in the correct order and win the game for you.
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-08, 01:31 AM   #9
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: CSS bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/scriptcats/3

Just look at some of those.

Its like CS has turned into Guitar Hero or some crap. Just hit a sequence of buttons so that all the scripts run in the correct order and win the game for you.
I am pretty sure servers can enforce no scripts/etc thing, cause the servers i play on don't seem to allow anything...not even spray paints...even the default ones -.-
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 07:46 PM   #10
Alaa
Peace
 
Alaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cairo
Posts: 431
Default Re: CSS bug?

There is, I think, another bug where the other player looks like he is throwing his weapon on me or trying to hit me with it yet the next shot is mostly a head shot. I don't know if this is just the weapon switch or there is another button for hitting others with your weapon! (?)
Alaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-08, 04:02 AM   #11
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: CSS bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaa
There is, I think, another bug where the other player looks like he is throwing his weapon on me or trying to hit me with it yet the next shot is mostly a head shot. I don't know if this is just the weapon switch or there is another button for hitting others with your weapon! (?)
I find this ridiculous....I think you need to press F10 at the sometime while you do this..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-08, 07:38 AM   #12
Alaa
Peace
 
Alaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cairo
Posts: 431
Default Re: CSS bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007
I find this ridiculous....I think you need to press F10 at the sometime while you do this..
I am not coming from the ice age! and I am not doing anything... This is what I see.
Alaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CSS filter effects get GPU-accelerated in Chrome News Archived News Items 0 06-05-12 01:20 PM
I got a computer bug!!! sillyeagle General Hardware 16 06-05-12 02:44 AM
athlon agp bug?? crazyowl NVIDIA Linux 17 08-28-02 10:13 PM
Antialiasing bug in 31.00 drivers? Mark_fox NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 7 08-26-02 02:48 PM
bug: clockspeeds/render/MX400 obiwan NVIDIA Linux 3 08-23-02 10:20 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.