Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-06-08, 08:25 PM   #1
BLiNKx86

Default HDMI through HDMI switching receiver is green

Hey all,
I have a problem with my home theater PC and I'm not sure which component is to blame. When I run the Nvidia HDMI from my PC through my receiver and out to the TV, the picture is all green (there is a visible image, the only colors are green). When I plug the HDMI direct to the TV the display is fine. I have tried running other HDMI components through the receiver and they come through without any problems. It seems there is something unique about the PCs interaction with the receiver. Could this be a driver problem?

I've tried different cables, resolutions, and all have the same result. I've also tried overriding the EDID from the receiver with the one I saved off from the TV; which didn't work.

Any direction on what is going on here would be a great help!
BLiNKx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-08, 05:40 AM   #2
phelin

Default Re: HDMI through HDMI switching receiver is green

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiNKx86
Hey all,
I have a problem with my home theater PC and I'm not sure which component is to blame. When I run the Nvidia HDMI from my PC through my receiver and out to the TV, the picture is all green (there is a visible image, the only colors are green). When I plug the HDMI direct to the TV the display is fine. I have tried running other HDMI components through the receiver and they come through without any problems. It seems there is something unique about the PCs interaction with the receiver. Could this be a driver problem?

I've tried different cables, resolutions, and all have the same result. I've also tried overriding the EDID from the receiver with the one I saved off from the TV; which didn't work.

Any direction on what is going on here would be a great help!
I have the MSI NX7300GS-MD256EH and a no-name 4:1 HDMI switch. When connected to two of the switch's inputs, I experience the same problem as you do, but when connected to either of the other two inputs, everything works as supposed to.

I am currently using version 169.07, which also forced me to use modelines instead of EDID provided modes. I had no problems with EDID with versions before 169.xx, but I do not know whether these two problems are connected, since I have not tested the switch with an older driver version.
phelin is offline   Reply With Quote