|01-09-08, 09:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Black/Black screen issue.
Restarting X server after resuming from hibernate makes virtual terminals blank (they are still accessible even if blindly by keyboard).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start Xserver.
2. While Xserver is running, hibernate (suspend to disk).
3. Resume from hibernate. (virtual terminals a still working).
4. Exit Xsrever (virual terminals are still working at this stage).
5. Start Xserver again.
6. Virtual terminals are broken now but X runs fine.
Note. This doesn't happen if I exit X before I hibernate.
Steps to fix:
1. Run CTRL+ALT+F1.
2. It's blank so I have to blindly type in stuff.
3. Type root and enter the root password.
4. Run init 3 to exit Xserver.
5. At this moment, I'm blindly typing in stuff because I only see a blank screen.
6. Run pm-hibernate or any other hibernate script.
7. Resume from hibernate.
8. Virtual terminals are no longer blank (I can see again).
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|NVIDIA Responds to Reports of Kepler V-Sync Stuttering Issue||Rieper||NVIDIA GeForce 600 Series||13||03-03-13 11:56 PM|
|[Ubuntu] nVidia driver 1.0.8762 and black screen||Manthis||NVIDIA Linux||5||05-26-12 08:03 PM|
|Black screen after switching between graphical virtual consoles five times||rrr-wtf||NVIDIA Linux||1||05-21-12 05:40 PM|
|Intel's Ivy Bridge Core i7 3770K Overheating Issue Detailed||News||Latest Tech And Game Headlines||0||05-16-12 11:40 AM|
|Toshiba Sat 1950 screen setup||beaulieu||NVIDIA Linux||7||06-13-03 04:17 PM|