Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-11-08, 04:06 PM   #37
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: New Cevat Interview

Quote:
First, I don't consider anything under 40 or 50 FPS "running". 60+ is running, under that its chugging along and to me unplayable really.
I consider 30+ fine. But I also play console games which on the whole are 30FPS, so I'm used to it.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 05:17 PM   #38
Ayepecks

IMO, as long as I'm getting a consistent 30FPS or so I'm fine. I get that with Half-Life 2 maxed on my laptop. Crysis on my desktop, however, at medium, can have some consistency errors on levels. Nothing too bad, but as soon as there's a card that can play it really smooth (60FPS, to sync with my monitor) comes out I'll upgrade to it.
Old 01-11-08, 06:52 PM   #39
K007

40FPS is good for me. But Crysis seems to be..actually pretty smooth even on the 25-30 area..which is very strange...any other game...and 25-30 would feel like donky...

Kinda curious as to how the next Crysis sequel will hold up to the hardware at that time...when the game is out..

60+ min to enjoy a game is just ridiculous, i am not saying its bad to have 60+..but to enjoy it..thats just garbage.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 07:48 PM   #40
JasonPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz
The weapon model, vehicles, shadowing, and lighting in that scene look far more realistic than anything seen in the final game.
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. The gun model is not much different than the final version of the game, in fact I think the final version looks better. The tank looks like it's made of plastic or something, the lighting is kind of bland/dreary (could be that way on purpose), and the shadows look very low resolution in the distance. The palm trees look horrible, the texture on the ground is very plain. The trees and wire have some weird artifacts around the edges as well.

And ConroeJoe. You do not even know what setting the game is running in that video. To me it looks like it's running at medium. You also do not know that the framerate is 60+. I'm willing to bet it's not even over 40.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-08, 02:03 AM   #41
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. The gun model is not much different than the final version of the game, in fact I think the final version looks better. The tank looks like it's made of plastic or something, the lighting is kind of bland/dreary (could be that way on purpose), and the shadows look very low resolution in the distance. The palm trees look horrible, the texture on the ground is very plain. The trees and wire have some weird artifacts around the edges as well.

And ConroeJoe. You do not even know what setting the game is running in that video. To me it looks like it's running at medium. You also do not know that the framerate is 60+. I'm willing to bet it's not even over 40.
QFT. On all points.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote