Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-08, 11:52 AM   #37
evilchris

Default Re: Even the BDA admits BD still isn't ready for release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo 13
yes let's not count the other players that came out before the A3 but 1. Like I said stop being so bias and trying to make things look good.
wtf is wrong with you? In my post I said CURRENT players. You are so ****ing stupid.
Old 01-14-08, 11:53 AM   #38
evilchris

Apollo 13 is the epitome of Joe 6 Pack, the BDA's best friend. He's in here babbling about tr00HD 1080p for ****s sake.

1080pee is irrelevant in a discussion about HDM and what "looks good".

oMG SToP TryiNG To AMke THING SLook GoOD eviLhris!!!1 108)0peeE!!!
Old 01-14-08, 12:06 PM   #39
Apollo 13
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
wtf is wrong with you? In my post I said CURRENT players. You are so ****ing stupid.
yes and in my posts I didn't say anything about current players. You really need to get away from your PC and go outside. Go get some fresh air and not take the format war or internet so damn seriously. You might end up having a stroke since you stress so much and insult ppl over your PC to make your self feel better. Do you feel better now tuff guy with all your name calling?
2GB G.skill DDR2 800
19'' Benq FP91G+
Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Operating System: Vista Ultimate
Apollo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 12:16 PM   #40
mullet

Quote:
yes and in my posts I didn't say anything about current players. You really need to get away from your PC and go outside. Go get some fresh air and not take the format war or internet so damn seriously. You might end up having a stroke since you stress so much and insult ppl over your PC to make your self feel better. Do you feel better now tuff guy with all your name calling?

Old 01-14-08, 03:16 PM   #41
ViN86

Quote:
1080p because the TV is upscaling the image, but mosts ppl don't know that and when they see 1080i player they will not purchase it with their 1080P TV. Also half the HD-DVD players are 1080i not 4 out of 5. You need to start being realistic and not so bias all the time.
so anything that isnt in agreement with the **** you spew is biased, right?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 03:57 PM   #42
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Quote:
i'm actually suprised..... evilchris doesn't usually respond to people that don't know how to use google, and the above quote is the epitome of what apollo has added to this thread, flames and hypocritical name calling

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 05:09 PM   #43
Riptide

Newb question.

Why would you buy a standalone BD player when you could just get a PS3? Don't the standalone players even cost more?
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 06:10 PM   #44
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Newb question.

Why would you buy a standalone BD player when you could just get a PS3? Don't the standalone players even cost more?
1. Improved PQ
2. Improved AQ
3. IR capability
4. Quiet
5. Audio capability. If you don't have an HDMI 1.1 or higher processor, you get no advanced audio from PS3. It is HDMI only. Other players, like my Sharp, have analog outputs and send the fully decoded advanced audio or uncompressed audio out them as linear PCM.
6. Family. Try to recommend a video game console to your mother or father to play movies, and be greeted with a blank stare. "Oh but mom that extra $100 is worth it, in case you want to play MGS4!!! "

At least 3 standalones right now are cheaper than PS3 street price at brick and mortar stores.

Samsung 1400, Sharp HP20, and Sony S300 can all be had for $299 with 5 instant freebies ( PS3 ineligible) and 5 mail in ( PS3 eligible )

The PS3 is a jack of all trades and master of none. It only makes sense if you want everything it offers. If you only want parts of it ( such as BD playback ), there is better for less money.

Old 01-14-08, 06:26 PM   #45
Riptide

Where can I see proof that the image quality is better via standalone vs. PS3? My roomate has a PS3 and said there is no proof of that statement.

Also, regarding the audio out, can't you just use the optical out of the PS3? Shouldn't that be excellent quality?
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 06:29 PM   #46
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Where can I see proof that the image quality is better via standalone vs. PS3? My roomate has a PS3 and said there is no proof of that statement.

Also, regarding the audio out, can't you just use the optical out of the PS3? Shouldn't that be excellent quality?
If you use the optical out, you are doing either DTS or Dolby Digital. This is what you've been listening to on DVD's for 10 years. You will not get Uncompressed, THD, or DTS-HD HR or MA. The PS3 will decode THD and mix it down over toslink. It will also mix down Uncomressed and repackage it lossy over toslink. If you use a PS3 and have a disc with DTS-HD HR or MA, you get only the DTS lossy core. The PS3's audio capabilities are very weak compared to the standalones which offer bitstream support if there are no onboard decoders as well as analog outs.

For proof regarding PQ, one only has to talk to someone who has had both a PS3 and a standalone. The only people you will hear saying the PS3 is "just as good" are people who only have a PS3.
Old 01-14-08, 08:06 PM   #47
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
1. Improved PQ
2. Improved AQ
3. IR capability
4. Quiet
5. Audio capability. If you don't have an HDMI 1.1 or higher processor, you get no advanced audio from PS3. It is HDMI only. Other players, like my Sharp, have analog outputs and send the fully decoded advanced audio or uncompressed audio out them as linear PCM.
6. Family. Try to recommend a video game console to your mother or father to play movies, and be greeted with a blank stare. "Oh but mom that extra $100 is worth it, in case you want to play MGS4!!! "

At least 3 standalones right now are cheaper than PS3 street price at brick and mortar stores.

Samsung 1400, Sharp HP20, and Sony S300 can all be had for $299 with 5 instant freebies ( PS3 ineligible) and 5 mail in ( PS3 eligible )

The PS3 is a jack of all trades and master of none. It only makes sense if you want everything it offers. If you only want parts of it ( such as BD playback ), there is better for less money.
All lies. PS3 has teh C3Ll.

C3Ll >>>>>>>>>> all

Therefore, by the transitive property, PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>> all.

u no nofing abuot hoem theetrz.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 10:07 PM   #48
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

And it begins.....not enough that they ****ed the console section with this crap they bring it here.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote