Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-08, 02:00 PM   #25
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: I quite WoW today

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
You love WoW more than me. You never call.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 02:06 PM   #26
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
not his fault your too busy chasing fat chicks.
Old 01-15-08, 02:06 PM   #27
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Guess you just weren't to memorable in bed eh?

When you get right down to it. I just don't want to be addicted to a game. Video games are a real problem in our society. A BIG problem. We need to teach our children moderation.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 02:11 PM   #28
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
We need to teach our children moderation.
+1

I think part of the problem is that with the way the economy is going, parents are working more and are more prone to just hand their kids a game because they can't spend the time with them they need. That and the other half is society is getting lazier (and more selfish) and would rather have someone or something else (TV, video games) do the parenting for them.

I'm of the firm belief that almost anything in moderation is OK and that anything taken to extremes is very bad.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 02:12 PM   #29
|MaguS|

Quote:
Guess you just weren't to memorable in bed eh?

When you get right down to it. I just don't want to be addicted to a game. Video games are a real problem in our society. A BIG problem. We need to teach our children moderation.
It's a problem because new parents are just ****ty parents. They use videogames and TV as babysitters rather then actually spending time with thier kid. This is the same reason why the ESRB doesn't work, parents just don't care untill their kid does something. Then they go and blame everyone but themselves.

"OMG my Son took my gun and shot someone, BAN videogames!"
Old 01-15-08, 02:20 PM   #30
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
It's a problem because new parents are just ****ty parents. They use videogames and TV as babysitters rather then actually spending time with thier kid. This is the same reason why the ESRB doesn't work, parents just don't care untill their kid does something. Then they go and blame everyone but themselves.

You cannot point the finger at parents and not even look at the video game industry. They both need to do their responsible parts.
Old 01-15-08, 02:20 PM   #31
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|

thats precisley why my wife is a stay at home mom and we dont have cable tv. we play games wogether and hang out with baby. i dance with her every night after i get home from work and we are always helping her learn things. she is 7 months old and already trying to talk, been standing on her own for 3 months and hasnt had a bottle in 2 months. she is advanced and it's solely becasue my wife and myself (to a lesser extent) spend lots of time with her.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 02:20 PM   #32
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
+1

I think part of the problem is that with the way the economy is going, parents are working more and are more prone to just hand their kids a game because they can't spend the time with them they need. That and the other half is society is getting lazier (and more selfish) and would rather have someone or something else (TV, video games) do the parenting for them.

I'm of the firm belief that almost anything in moderation is OK and that anything taken to extremes is very bad.
It has nothing to do with the economy. The economy is fine. The problem is both parents working.

Old 01-15-08, 02:28 PM   #33
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
thats precisley why my wife is a stay at home mom and we dont have cable tv. we play games wogether and hang out with baby. i dance with her every night after i get home from work and we are always helping her learn things. she is 7 months old and already trying to talk, been standing on her own for 3 months and hasnt had a bottle in 2 months. she is advanced and it's solely becasue my wife and myself (to a lesser extent) spend lots of time with her.
No, she is advanced because she is born that way. What you are doing that is good is showing her how to love. I know plenty of children who didn't walk or talk till way late and they are very bright and kind kids. Their parents did as you are doing.
Old 01-15-08, 02:30 PM   #34
zoomy942

Quote:
No, she is advanced because she is born that way. What you are doing that is good is showing her how to love. I know plenty of children who didn't walk or talk till way late and they are very bright and kind kids. Their parents did as you are doing.
fair enough. it's just annoying for me, as well as you, to see so many parents just want sit their kids in front of a tv and let them be.
Old 01-15-08, 02:35 PM   #35
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
fair enough. it's just annoying for me, as well as you, to see so many parents just want sit their kids in front of a tv and let them be.
Yep.

Don't get me wrong. What you are doing is great. In fact it is the single most important thing you can do for your child. Spending time with them. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-15-08, 02:38 PM   #36
zoomy942

thanks.

i'm glad you said that becasue i was a little confused. you seemed as if you were taking away from what my wife and i do with our kid.

whew.. now i feel better