Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-08, 01:39 PM   #37
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: I quite WoW today

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
It has nothing to do with the economy. The economy is fine. The problem is both parents working.
Umm...ok. I fail to see where these two don't go hand in hand.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 01:40 PM   #38
K007

Wanted to quit..tried a few times..but its hard to just stop, so now i just log on, do arena on my 5 toons, and go back to something else like CS or CoD4.

All i can say is..THANK YOU ARENA...hated the god dam honor grind before...did the rank 14 on blackrock...IS HORRIBBBBLEE!!!..

But i managed to get control of it...but alas..3 years too -.-
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 01:40 PM   #39
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
thanks.

i'm glad you said that becasue i was a little confused. you seemed as if you were taking away from what my wife and i do with our kid.

whew.. now i feel better
Not in any way. It warms my heart to hear such love for a child from their parents.

My point is that your child will be as smart or dull as God created them. The difference is the character that the parents instill into that child to be better than the physical or mental limitations that they were born with.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 01:43 PM   #40
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Not in any way. It warms my heart to hear such love for a child from their parents.

My point is that your child will be as smart or dull as God created them. The difference is the character that the parents instill into that child to be better than the physical or mental limitations that they were born with.

good to know. so many people i know dont get to spend time with their kids becasue they both have to work, so the baby goes to baby prison....errrr... daycare becasue they dont have any other choice. this makes me sad becasue kids need constant love to grow confident and feel strong enough to explore the world around them.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 01:46 PM   #41
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Umm...ok. I fail to see where these two don't go hand in hand.
And that is the problem. The economy is going fine right now, regardless of all the gnashing of teeth in the media. If you live with in your means you can have one parent stay at home while the other works.
Old 01-15-08, 01:56 PM   #42
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
And that is the problem. The economy is going fine right now, regardless of all the gnashing of teeth in the media. If you live with in your means you can have one parent stay at home while the other works.
You have to be kidding me. You can't seriously think that. There are WAY too many low paid people in the country for this to happen.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 02:10 PM   #43
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
You have to be kidding me. You can't seriously think that. There are WAY too many low paid people in the country for this to happen.
No. You have fallen into the lie that both husband and wife need to work. It was cheaper for my ex-wife to stay at home than it was for her to work. We had to pay daycare, gas and the tax on her income.

Sorry but you have been lied to.
Old 01-15-08, 02:13 PM   #44
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
No. You have fallen into the lie that both husband and wife need to work. It was cheaper for my ex-wife to stay at home than it was for her to work. We had to pay daycare, gas and the tax on her income.

Sorry but you have been lied to.

agreed, the US is teaching you to be one of the lemmings of society. they teach you that having debt is okay, and your self worth is based on material things, and that you can't think outside the box or you will fail.

lemmings ftl.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-08, 02:49 PM   #45
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
good to know. so many people i know dont get to spend time with their kids becasue they both have to work, so the baby goes to baby prison....errrr... daycare becasue they dont have any other choice. this makes me sad becasue kids need constant love to grow confident and feel strong enough to explore the world around them.
so true. my parents never locked me up in daycare. I dont think i could ever thank them enough. Makes me sick when parents leave their children their and get massages and pedicures and ****. Ofcourse, sometimes they need to go to work or something.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 02:57 PM   #46
spirited1

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
Never got into MMOs and never will.. but this screenshot alone is enough to scare me from WoW forever. I would never play a game that looked that bad lol.
Old 01-15-08, 03:12 PM   #47
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

HDR enabled?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 05:43 PM   #48
Son Goku

Quote:
Trust me, grinding in WoW is VASTLY easier than EQ or EQ2. IN EQ you needed a group to kill the same mob over and over and over. And most the time you had to get in line to kill the mob. So you get in line to kill it when the respawn time is 20 minutes. This took months on end and if you died... YOU LOST ALL YOUR LOOT AND MONTHS OF XP! Sure they lessened the death penalty after 6 years of that stupid game but only a self-hating moron would play a CRAPPY! game like EQ.
I played EQ 1, and also know of the lost exp, the stress over finding the corpse, etc... The grind for that mount though, was not anything to sneeze at. One (it's easier in 2.3) was essentially talking about earning

3,000 (neutral) + 6,000 (friendly) + 12,000 (honored) + 21,000 (revered) rep, or a total, of 42,000 rep.

To get this, when I first did it, it was +50, but went up to +75 fairly early in, per turn in of a repeatable rep quest (no rep on kills, only turn ins). Just taking the high end, and forgetting the +50 I think it was at first, one's talking 560 RRQs. Mine was a bit more then that.

Now, to put this in further perspective, until 1,500 neutral, one had the stupid meat provisions quest. This was a fairly low droprate item, for like 8 shardooth meat (off shardtooth bears), and 8 chillwind meat off the chimera. Now, take the drop rate quest, low drop rates, and all the mobs to kill, then one must turn in and grab again.

But further, if one has 8 of one type meat, and it drops again, one can't loot it, as Blizzard doesn't allow one to loot it to front load "for the next time around". Run up to Frostsaber rock, speak to the guy, grab again, rinse, repeat. Least now, it's +250 rep per turn in, since 2.3; lucky bastards these days

Half through neutral, one gets another RRQ they can do, to kill 8 Winterfall Shaman (only found in the heavily farmed Winterfall village), and 8 Winterfall Ursa. The Ursa are available in more then a handful of spawn spots (such as on the hill), the shamy are only in the small town. Finally, a straight killing quest, but one has to compete with all the Timbermaw repers. And it's hard to explain at killing 8 of each type mob, one has to leave, run up to Frostsaber Rock, and back down, or one doesn't get rep for mount; if some would party (most just want to grind alone), wants to rep Timbermaw without interuption, or keeps wondering if one has really left.

In the end, when I did it, the easiest thing, (from 0 revered) with killing 4 Frostmaul Preservers and 4 Frostmaul giants. This was a run between frostsaber rock and Frostmaul ravine, very long ride, even with (by then) an epic land mount. (When I began this, I still had a 60% mount.) Much longer haul, but at that time, I was one of the few people who bothered soloing Frostmaul elites. Well with more in kara or beyond, that's changed some....

Yes, the death penalty was extreme in EQ, and I know. I partly stopped playing as EQ fricken crashed on my computer constantly as it simply didn't get along with my Athlon 1900+ system (where all other software did). I suspect some chipset interaction issue. But when one constantly crashed, and the char went running into places one couldn't even see where they died, with the death penalty this grew beyond old. As did having to ask people to help me get my corpse back before it "decayed", when I couldn't see where my char went after a software crash. Grinding in WoW though is still beyond 6 hours for some things....

Next up though, I kinda want the raptor mount on one of my alliance guys. Given about a 1% drop rate in ZG off the one boss, that will be a lot of runs. Guild I'm in now is farming one boss, for the frog (or turtle is it?) polymorph tome, as it sells on AH for like 2,000 g. I've told them, as have others that if we go for the tome, we'd like the raptor mount also.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote