Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-17-08, 02:49 PM   #61
glObalist
working as intended

Default Re: I quite WoW today

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
Never got into MMOs and never will.. but this screenshot alone is enough to scare me from WoW forever. I would never play a game that looked that bad lol.
Depends on your graphics settings really:

Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-08, 02:52 PM   #62
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
Depends on your graphics settings really:
Why bother with him. There are actually people out there that say Crysis looks like crap.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-08, 04:29 PM   #63
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
No. You have fallen into the lie that both husband and wife need to work. It was cheaper for my ex-wife to stay at home than it was for her to work. We had to pay daycare, gas and the tax on her income.

Sorry but you have been lied to.
Sorry, but you have clue what you are talking about.

Just because it was cheaper for you to keep your wife at home doesn't mean that everyone has that luxury.

There are many, many jobs out there that don't pay enough for ONE person to get by on, much less a family. Dual income households are not something people usually do because thats what they want, but because its something they have to do to survive. I'm not talking about people living beyond their means, either, i'm talking about struggling to keep up in conditions you or I wouldn't consider livable.

If you don't or can't understand that, don't worry about people lying to us, worry about those rose colored glasses you are wearing.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-08, 04:52 PM   #64
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah!

Just because it was cheaper for you to keep your wife at home doesn't mean that everyone has that luxury.

There are many, many jobs out there that don't pay enough for ONE person to get by on, much less a family. Dual income households are not something people usually do because thats what they want, but because its something they have to do to survive. I'm not talking about people living beyond their means, either, i'm talking about struggling to keep up in conditions you or I wouldn't consider livable.

If you don't or can't understand that, don't worry about people lying to us, worry about those rose colored glasses you are wearing.

remember though, that lots of people think they have ti "survive" with 2 new cars, flashy electronics and a huge house... they have been lied to as well. i have a low house payment, a 1990 4 runner and no debt inducing eletronics.... and i LOVE my life
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-08, 01:21 PM   #65
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah!
After living that way with a wife and family, I do know what I am talking about.

Quote:
We did not make a lot of money. We also did not spend a lot of money.

Quote:
They do it because it is what is the norm now. That is the reason. If you are in the position that you cannot keep up your responsibilities then it is your own fault. Most people do not know how to manage their money. These same people you are talking about have cell phones, DVD players, eat out all the time etc. I was poor, i know what it is like.

It is quite simple. It costs more to have both parents working, paying for daycare and getting taxed double at the low level of income you are talking about. Oh wait, I am wrong. These people get free day care, free school lunch and so on. I have NEVER taken any government money when I was dead poor.

Quote:
People like you bother me. It is people like you who helped to create the whole welfare system and the abuse that came with it. People like you see people who can't do. People who are victims. We call people like you liberals. I detest this line of thought. I see people who can. I see people who are capable but for one reason or another, they are not. That is their choice. Very few people truly can't. The rest just don't try.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-08, 01:27 PM   #66
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
remember though, that lots of people think they have ti "survive" with 2 new cars, flashy electronics and a huge house... they have been lied to as well. i have a low house payment, a 1990 4 runner and no debt inducing eletronics.... and i LOVE my life
A low house payment is a thing relative to what you buy and where you live. Cost of living varies across the country. What I can get in VA for $100k can't be had around NYC for $500k.

Also, new cars are somewhat of a commodity. I've owned many older cars that were cheap, but by the time I put work into fixing and maintaining them, they cost about as much as a new one. Also, warranty can go a long ways where as without one, you could possibly be screwed if something major happens.

If you're content living the way you are, more power to you, but some of us strive for more and better.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-08, 01:40 PM   #67
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
A low house payment is a thing relative to what you buy and where you live. Cost of living varies across the country. What I can get in VA for $100k can't be had around NYC for $500k.

Also, new cars are somewhat of a commodity. I've owned many older cars that were cheap, but by the time I put work into fixing and maintaining them, they cost about as much as a new one. Also, warranty can go a long ways where as without one, you could possibly be screwed if something major happens.

If you're content living the way you are, more power to you, but some of us strive for more and better.

very true my friend, but what's better and more to one guy is different to another. i, on no way, felel that a better car or bigger house is better for me. to me, better means making my family more secure by managing my money better, like cutting expenses.
Old 01-18-08, 01:44 PM   #68
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
very true my friend, but what's better and more to one guy is different to another. i, on no way, felel that a better car or bigger house is better for me. to me, better means making my family more secure by managing my money better, like cutting expenses.
I agree that what's best for your family is the best overall.

My wife, on the other hand, is rather spoiled. I've been trying to break her of that. She decided to blow a ton of money on our wedding and is now paying for it. I told her prior to all of it that I wasn't going to go in debt for any wedding. She now regrets it.

When that's cleared, hopefully we can move on with having children and I'm hoping she can go to work just part time so that she can spend most of the time raising the kid(s).
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-08, 01:47 PM   #69
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
People like you bother me. It is people like you who helped to create the whole welfare system and the abuse that came with it. People like you see people who can't do. People who are victims. We call people like you liberals. I detest this line of thought. I see people who can. I see people who are capable but for one reason or another, they are not. That is their choice. Very few people truly can't. The rest just don't try.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-08, 02:46 PM   #70
Son Goku

Quote:
Two cars can be a necessity. Else one ends up driving to work, with the wife at home, needing to get the kids to soccer practice, band practice, whatever other extra-caricular activities there are; while also taking care of the shopping, and everything else.

Then depending on how many kids (especially pre-driving age adolescents) one has; 1 car ends up becomming non-stop taxi service. Leave the car at home? But then there's an issue of work, and no public transportation is not always a viable option in all parts of the US.

Now if one were to suggest the wife leave the shopping until after the husband comes home; after a long hard days work, who wants to go shopping the whole evening Better people can do their thing, without being stranded, without the other person having to do it all, also.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-08, 03:11 PM   #71
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Two cars can be a necessity. Else one ends up driving to work, with the wife at home, needing to get the kids to soccer practice, band practice, whatever other extra-caricular activities there are; while also taking care of the shopping, and everything else.

Then depending on how many kids (especially pre-driving age adolescents) one has; 1 car ends up becomming non-stop taxi service. Leave the car at home? But then there's an issue of work, and no public transportation is not always a viable option in all parts of the US.

Now if one were to suggest the wife leave the shopping until after the husband comes home; after a long hard days work, who wants to go shopping the whole evening Better people can do their thing, without being stranded, without the other person having to do it all, also.

i agree.. but i meant 2 new cars, with loans. 2 older cars changes everything
Old 01-18-08, 03:18 PM   #72
hirantha
SUC SUDO

What i like to do is what Buddha did, give up everything, go into a deep Tibetan jungle and acquire my Nirvana. nothing to worry about, but cant do that gotta take care of things.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote