Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-20-08, 04:54 PM   #85
yuriz43

Default Re: I quite WoW today

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Liberals are the only people who complain about being called liberals. Also liberals are the only people who complain about being bashed. I bash liberalism because it deserves to be shown as the failed system that it is. Yes liberalism is a system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah!
That's the entire reason i stay out of the politics and religion forum because a few of you can't seem to have a decent discussion with tossing the "liberal" card around and using it every other word.

lol

*Compewtor*Keeeboard*Mice*Mice Pad
*Cofe Jug*Old Bear Can*5x blu LED's
*Bag of chips that I forgot to throw away*Moniter
yuriz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 11:26 AM   #86
nVJoe

I like saying liberal because it PISSES liberals off. They just don't get it. The more it bugs you guys the more I use it.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 03:25 PM   #87
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
agreed. but for me, my car was costing my 4,400 a year. so if i spend less than thar per year on repairs, i win
Depends how many years they keep it. But a new car comes with a 36,000 mile warranty typically. Now throw in the matter of just how inept many wives can be when something goes wrong with the car (no, not all); they might be getting a toe before realizing something was wrong with the thing...

But seriously, having to take the thing into the shop all the time, and spend that sorta money in getting the thing worked on; while either having to do without transportation, or get a car rental. No fricken shop in this area has loaner cars. I missed more days of college having to sit in the car shop all day. If it was work, I'd probably have lost a job by then. You live alone, there's no one to take you there. You're married, chances are, you end up late for work everytime you have to take your wife to the shop, and then make sure she's OK... You don't, cause "I need to go to work", and it's the dog house at home. Do, and it's the dog house at work. Bleh...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 05:33 PM   #88
giggles101

I quite WoW not too long ago! Best thing I have ever done. Now I play GW!
It doesn't take forever to get anywhere (flying birds around is the pits).

It does take forever to do things...you spend most of the time running to get somewhere or flying to meet up with buddies just to get somewhere where some punk is camping out and killing everyone in site. FTL!!!!
giggles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 05:39 PM   #89
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Depends how many years they keep it. But a new car comes with a 36,000 mile warranty typically. Now throw in the matter of just how inept many wives can be when something goes wrong with the car (no, not all); they might be getting a toe before realizing something was wrong with the thing...

But seriously, having to take the thing into the shop all the time, and spend that sorta money in getting the thing worked on; while either having to do without transportation, or get a car rental. No fricken shop in this area has loaner cars. I missed more days of college having to sit in the car shop all day. If it was work, I'd probably have lost a job by then. You live alone, there's no one to take you there. You're married, chances are, you end up late for work everytime you have to take your wife to the shop, and then make sure she's OK... You don't, cause "I need to go to work", and it's the dog house at home. Do, and it's the dog house at work. Bleh...
true, but if you have a repair thats not under warranty, then you are out a car payment, insurance paymebnt and the cost of the repair. whereas, with an older vehicle, if you are lucky enough to get a decent old one, it may need major work once or twice a year, but you pay nothing for it the rest of the time.;
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 08:59 PM   #90
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
true, but if you have a repair thats not under warranty, then you are out a car payment, insurance paymebnt and the cost of the repair. whereas, with an older vehicle, if you are lucky enough to get a decent old one, it may need major work once or twice a year, but you pay nothing for it the rest of the time.;
The warranty typically lasts several years. On the other hand, once or twice a year, nah... I had major repair bills every 1.5-2 months. And the amount saved? Not really that much. What I don't know is if the car was just pathetic, or if someone cracked open and rolled back the odometer before turning it into the dealership. I shoulda known when I got that one off the lot with problems, but they covered it for a couple months (minus the A/C which they denied had a problem).

Nah, forget it... I don't want to have to cover repair bills on my own money for a fair good time. When transmission is one of them (automatic transmission) among other stuff; there is no "savings".

Ironically, when looking at cars (my current one is a new car), the previous one dumped all of the radiator fluid in the lot when I was out test driving. I came back to find my car had been moved, with gallons of run off from the thing.... I had to get a toe back home that night so as not to be stranded, and back down again the next day to buy the new (now current) one. I was more then a few miles away. The test drive wasn't that long either...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 09:01 AM   #91
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

wow! your expeirences are like my wife's. she has had terrible luck with used cars, whereas i have always had decent luck. so, you and i are both right. i will be a tad more right if my car doesnt break every 1.5 to 2 months, and you'll win if my car becomes a money pit

only time will tell, friend
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-08, 10:17 PM   #92
Dvahlish

My god....
What was this post originally about again?