Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-24-03, 11:51 AM   #37
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
When is E3?
Pfff, you read GPU:RW and don't even know that?
www.e3expo.com

Conference begins on May 13th, Expo begins on May 14th.

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 11:58 AM   #38
DMA
Zzzleepy

Quote:
Originally posted by Uttar

Now that I'm thinking about it, probably not. It's probably the low-end GL model. The equivalent of the Quadro FX 1000, that one is clocked at 300/300 too.
Considering 3DMark 2003 is sometimes limited by memory sometimes by clock, you could do:

4200 / 300 * ( ( 400 + 500 ) / 2 ) = 4200 / 300 * 450 = 4200 * 1.5 = 6300

Seems in line with what I was expecting. Heck, those are not 100% final drivers, so it might get up to 6500. Oh, sure, it "cheats" a little, but heck, not more than the NV30.
I'll give you a cookie if that score turns out to be right for the final NV35
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 12:07 PM   #39
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by Uttar
Pfff, you read GPU:RW and don't even know that?
www.e3expo.com

Conference begins on May 13th, Expo begins on May 14th.

Uttar

BAH!
GlowStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 03:08 PM   #40
euan
Fully Qualified FanATIc

Quote:
Originally posted by marcocom

but theyre certainly close as hell and the age of the 9700pro means that it was unquestionably the 'card to own' last year and this year in terms of value and just about everything. frankly, i wish i had purchased one when they had released. (except no dual-cpu support makes it impossible) i would be definitely waiting for nv35
What do you mean by that? Are you saying the Radeon 9700 doesn't work with Dual CPUs? If so then that's BS, becuase I've used all 3 generations of the Radeon sucessfully on my Dual Athlon XP system. The 9700 has been the most stable of them all.

euan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 03:33 PM   #41
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney

Quote:
Originally posted by euan
What do you mean by that? Are you saying the Radeon 9700 doesn't work with Dual CPUs? If so then that's BS, becuase I've used all 3 generations of the Radeon sucessfully on my Dual Athlon XP system. The 9700 has been the most stable of them all.

AMEN brother!

Also Intel Gbay and Radeon = unstable as hell.

5800 ultra + Gbay = rock stable.

Now my old 8500 was stable on my dual athlon setup.
Sorry to hear your 9700 is not.

Just go over to asusboards and look at the threads on Gbay.
I sure hope intel and ati get this fixed on the 875 chipset.
bkswaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 03:33 PM   #42
bkswaney
Mr. Extreme!

Send a message via Yahoo to bkswaney

DP sorry.
bkswaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 03:50 PM   #43
marcocom

Quote:

ease up tiger.

the Radeon drivers are not SMP aware nor do they support multi-threading (they still operate in single CPU mode. pretty damn well too). why should they? when they fully support linux, they will most likely bring that online, i would guess. (for example i can run all id games and all games based on Q3 or Doom engine in SMP accelerated mode. silky nvidia ncreamy smoothness my smp brother)

the FireGL drivers were multi-threaded when developed by DiamondMultimedia on the IBM chipset, but im not sure about it on the ATi solution. its probably a large reason why the current firegl solution is so much slower in applications than the QuadroFX.

Last edited by marcocom; 04-24-03 at 04:01 PM.
marcocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 06:02 PM   #44
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:

No they do not, i had problems with that on my Tyan Tiger MP system (Athlon MP) and my Orginal Radeon DDR (later renamed to radeon7200, this was way back when).

The effects were BSOD (blue screens of death) on windows 2k, windows 2k is very stable and really should njever BSOD.

And also, as HardOCP hinted, ATi will not support linux for a LONG LONG time.
GlowStick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-03, 08:22 PM   #45
Lezmaka

Quote:
Originally posted by Solomon
But from what he told me. It just seems the NV35 is nothing but what the NV30 should of been. At least this early in time...
I've heard some people say that. The refreshed nvidia puts out are what the original card should have been.
Lezmaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 08:25 PM   #46
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
No they do not, i had problems with that on my Tyan Tiger MP system (Athlon MP) and my Orginal Radeon DDR (later renamed to radeon7200, this was way back when).

The effects were BSOD (blue screens of death) on windows 2k, windows 2k is very stable and really should njever BSOD.

And also, as HardOCP hinted, ATi will not support linux for a LONG LONG time.
hmm.... I thought ati worked under linux... perhaps not all features but that it did work...

chalnoth... comments ? I know you have a 9700pro and also linux... refresher on if there is support ?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-03, 09:36 PM   #47
marcocom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
hmm.... I thought ati worked under linux... perhaps not all features but that it did work...

chalnoth... comments ? I know you have a 9700pro and also linux... refresher on if there is support ?
your right about that, sir. ATi cards function fully (in 2d desktop mode) in Xfree86. any graphics card does. kinda like the microsoft reference drivers.
marcocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 12:23 AM   #48
hovz

when equal settigns are used, ati quality v nvidia application, the 9800 beats the fx in every single benchmark except that sam soemthing game second encounter
hovz is offline   Reply With Quote