Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-03, 03:42 PM   #73
5150 Joker
100% Certified nVidiot
 
5150 Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Davis, California
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogozhin
Glowstick

5150 is correct. Your system is FUBARED big time if you only get 1500 marks.

I am running xp 2100+ and a soyo KT333 Lite and I am getting 4600.

Here is the url

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=579838

Might need to go into another hobby and let pros build your systems.

Rogo
Rogozhin,

If you have access to R3D Tweak, set your clocks to 301/301 and run the benchmark please. I'm willing to bet your score won't drop below 4k.
__________________
CLICK FOR MY HEATWARE!

Desktop: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR | AMD64 3000+@2.6ghz | Leadtek 7800 GTX | 2 GB Crucial PC3200 | 2x120 GB 8mb WD | Dell 2005FPW 20" LCD | Antec "TrueControl" v2 550w PSU | Lian Li PC75 modded case with H20 Cooling

Laptop: XPS Gen 2 | Samsung LCD | P-M 2.13 | nVidia 6800 Go Ultra | 2 GB DDR2 | 60GB 7200RPM HD | 8x DVD-RW/CD-RW| Dell Wireless 1450 a/b/g | Windows XP Home | 3 Yr Warranty/Complete Care.
5150 Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:45 PM   #74
Rogozhin
Registered User
 
Rogozhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: oregon
Posts: 826
Default

Also

Most of your conclusions regarding your posts are based on fallacious premises, same as marco.

I am too tired to drub your sorry posts right now. So i will have to say goodbye and look for me later.

Rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:46 PM   #75
ugapug
I'm Bleeding - I win!
 
ugapug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by 5150 Joker
Unreal II is a cpu hog though. It runs like a dog on most systems no matter what card you have.
I don't know about your system, but with mine Unreal II runs like butter. 2xAA 4xAF 1280X1024 all settings maxed.
Specs:
Abit NF7-S rev 1.0
T-Bred 1700@190x11 (2112)
TwinX512 3200LL
PNY GeforceFX 5800 Ultra
WD Raptor SATA
WD 1000BB 100gig (w/2meg cache)

Upgraded from a Geforce4 Ti4600. Had an ATI 9700 Pro to compare to the Ultra. IQ seems quite similiar to me, but the colors on my Ultra with Digital Vibrance activated seem a bit more vivid.
Just my .02
And I like loud fans. It gives me an excuse to crank up the speakers
ugapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:47 PM   #76
5150 Joker
100% Certified nVidiot
 
5150 Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Davis, California
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ugapug
I don't know about your system, but with mine Unreal II runs like butter. 2xAA 4xAF 1280X1024 all settings maxed.
Specs:
Abit NF7-S rev 1.0
T-Bred 1700@190x11 (2112)
TwinX512 3200LL
PNY GeforceFX 5800 Ultra
WD Raptor SATA
WD 1000BB 100gig (w/2meg cache)

Upgraded from a Geforce4 Ti4600. Had an ATI 9700 Pro to compare to the Ultra. IQ seems quite similiar to me, but the colors on my Ultra with Digital Vibrance activated seem a bit more vivid.
Just my .02
And I like loud fans. It gives me an excuse to crank up the speakers
The game runs fine on my system with the same settings you listed but anything below 60 fps during a heavy action scene isn't acceptable to me. People have different standards.
__________________
CLICK FOR MY HEATWARE!

Desktop: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR | AMD64 3000+@2.6ghz | Leadtek 7800 GTX | 2 GB Crucial PC3200 | 2x120 GB 8mb WD | Dell 2005FPW 20" LCD | Antec "TrueControl" v2 550w PSU | Lian Li PC75 modded case with H20 Cooling

Laptop: XPS Gen 2 | Samsung LCD | P-M 2.13 | nVidia 6800 Go Ultra | 2 GB DDR2 | 60GB 7200RPM HD | 8x DVD-RW/CD-RW| Dell Wireless 1450 a/b/g | Windows XP Home | 3 Yr Warranty/Complete Care.
5150 Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:47 PM   #77
Rogozhin
Registered User
 
Rogozhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: oregon
Posts: 826
Default

BKswaney

Would you mind doing a standard benchmark using the one in ut2003?

That way we can validate your claim. Just do it 1024x768 all options MAXED PLUS 2x AF and 2x AA, and use application on the AF, and I will use quality on my 9700, do flyby not botmatch.

Rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:48 PM   #78
Rogozhin
Registered User
 
Rogozhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: oregon
Posts: 826
Default

Remember though that the highest tap trilinear AF a nv30 can do is 64 but on the 9700 and 9800 its 128 tap.

Rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:48 PM   #79
GlowStick
CoD4!
 
GlowStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,786
Send a message via AIM to GlowStick
Default

3DMark Score: 5680 P4@2.66, R9800Pro@410/350, Performance Settings

Date: 2003-4-6
Res: 1024x768 32 bit
OS: Microsoft Windows XP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2660 MHz
GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 Series
411 MHz / 351 MHz
User: dumpspamhere@yahoo.com



3DMark Score: 5590 Northwood 2.53Ghz and Radeon 9800 Pro (both not ov...

Date: 2003-4-22
Res: 1024x768 32 bit
OS: Microsoft Windows XP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2533 MHz
GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 Series
378 MHz / 337 MHz
User: mmahtani@netvigator.com



3DMark Score: 5581 Radeon 9800 Pro OverClocked More

Date: 2003-4-17
Res: 1024x768 32 bit
OS: Microsoft Windows XP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2533 MHz
GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 Series
398 MHz / 357 MHz
User: glowstick@insightbb.com



3DMark Score: 5545 420 Inc.

Date: 2003-4-24
Res: 1024x768 32 bit
OS: Microsoft Windows XP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2591 MHz
GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 Series
398 MHz / 351 MHz
User: killerinstinct@adelphia.net

Hm so just everyone else in 3dmark03 is getting the same scores as me.

Rogozhin, your clocks were ameingly not 300/300, infact, they were stock wow : P

5150 joker, so you have no hidden secret of builing a system wow!

As haveing an intel motherboard my ram timeings are set spareingly for stability. I also use an Intel system because i needed Linux stability, the Athlons have a small flaw where the Extended page fileing dose not work (like an intel). It was documented at http://www.gentoo.org and the only fix they could find is to pass the option to the kernel to use the old page system.

You clearly want to say "OH i wont say whats wrong with your system because, oh im to lazy" Sounds odd, wait, you just dont know. There is nothing wrong with my pure Intel system.

The results are infront of my eyes. I have a Radeon 9800Pro, i see the results. WOW!
__________________
Intel i7-2600K, Corsair 8Gig, Corsair H100, Corsair 650D, Corsair HX750, ATi 6970, WD Caviar Black 2TB
Sony Vaio SB: i7, 8Gig, Intel 320 300gig
GlowStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:49 PM   #80
Rogozhin
Registered User
 
Rogozhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: oregon
Posts: 826
Default

AD HOC

sorry ;(

rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-03, 03:50 PM   #81
5150 Joker
100% Certified nVidiot
 
5150 Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Davis, California
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
3DMark Score: 5680 P4@2.66, R9800Pro@410/350, Performance Settings

Date: 2003-4-6
Res: 1024x768 32 bit
OS: Microsoft Windows XP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2660 MHz
GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 Series
411 MHz / 351 MHz
User: dumpspamhere@yahoo.com



3DMark Score: 5590 Northwood 2.53Ghz and Radeon 9800 Pro (both not ov...

Date: 2003-4-22
Res: 1024x768 32 bit
OS: Microsoft Windows XP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2533 MHz
GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 Series
378 MHz / 337 MHz
User: mmahtani@netvigator.com



3DMark Score: 5581 Radeon 9800 Pro OverClocked More

Date: 2003-4-17
Res: 1024x768 32 bit
OS: Microsoft Windows XP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2533 MHz
GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 Series
398 MHz / 357 MHz
User: glowstick@insightbb.com



3DMark Score: 5545 420 Inc.

Date: 2003-4-24
Res: 1024x768 32 bit
OS: Microsoft Windows XP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2591 MHz
GPU: ATI RADEON 9800 Series
398 MHz / 351 MHz
User: killerinstinct@adelphia.net

Hm so just everyone else in 3dmark03 is getting the same scores as me.

Rogozhin, your clocks were ameingly not 300/300, infact, they were stock wow : P

5150 joker, so you have no hidden secret of builing a system wow!

As haveing an intel motherboard my ram timeings are set spareingly for stability. I also use an Intel system because i needed Linux stability, the Athlons have a small flaw where the Extended page fileing dose not work (like an intel). It was documented at http://www.gentoo.org and the only fix they could find is to pass the option to the kernel to use the old page system.

You clearly want to say "OH i wont say whats wrong with your system because, oh im to lazy" Sounds odd, wait, you just dont know. There is nothing wrong with my pure Intel system.

The results are infront of my eyes. I have a Radeon 9800Pro, i see the results. WOW!

Once again you proved nothing. The fact remains I posted a score at 301/301 vs yours at a similar clock rate and got more than DOUBLE what you got. It should also be taken into consideration that you are using a R9800 which has the F-buffer and other optimizations my R9700 lacks yet you still get beat handily. Are you really that stupid?
__________________
CLICK FOR MY HEATWARE!

Desktop: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR | AMD64 3000+@2.6ghz | Leadtek 7800 GTX | 2 GB Crucial PC3200 | 2x120 GB 8mb WD | Dell 2005FPW 20" LCD | Antec "TrueControl" v2 550w PSU | Lian Li PC75 modded case with H20 Cooling

Laptop: XPS Gen 2 | Samsung LCD | P-M 2.13 | nVidia 6800 Go Ultra | 2 GB DDR2 | 60GB 7200RPM HD | 8x DVD-RW/CD-RW| Dell Wireless 1450 a/b/g | Windows XP Home | 3 Yr Warranty/Complete Care.
5150 Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:52 PM   #82
Rogozhin
Registered User
 
Rogozhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: oregon
Posts: 826
Default

Glowstick

You were claiming that your radeon 9800 was getting 1550 marks, so what the heck is your problem? You are refuting your earlier post.

Those are decent scores for your system.

I never said that my 9700 non pro was stock. So the frequencies are still valid.

What's your proposition then?

Jeez

rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:55 PM   #83
5150 Joker
100% Certified nVidiot
 
5150 Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Davis, California
Posts: 759
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogozhin
Glowstick

You were claiming that your radeon 9800 was getting 1550 marks, so what the heck is your problem? You are refuting your earlier post.

Those are decent scores for your system.

I never said that my 9700 non pro was stock. So the frequencies are still valid.

What's your proposition then?

Jeez

rogo

He was trying to show that nagus's claim of the R9700 beating the NV35 at 300/300 was a lie by setting his 9800's clock to 300/300 and getting a much lower 3DMark03 score (~1500). Turns out I did the same thing and yielded a MUCH higher score (>4.5k 3DMarks) than Glowstick which invariably proves he is an idiot.
__________________
CLICK FOR MY HEATWARE!

Desktop: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR | AMD64 3000+@2.6ghz | Leadtek 7800 GTX | 2 GB Crucial PC3200 | 2x120 GB 8mb WD | Dell 2005FPW 20" LCD | Antec "TrueControl" v2 550w PSU | Lian Li PC75 modded case with H20 Cooling

Laptop: XPS Gen 2 | Samsung LCD | P-M 2.13 | nVidia 6800 Go Ultra | 2 GB DDR2 | 60GB 7200RPM HD | 8x DVD-RW/CD-RW| Dell Wireless 1450 a/b/g | Windows XP Home | 3 Yr Warranty/Complete Care.

Last edited by 5150 Joker; 04-25-03 at 03:58 PM.
5150 Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 03:58 PM   #84
Rogozhin
Registered User
 
Rogozhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: oregon
Posts: 826
Default

Glowstick

Rallisport challenge is heavily dependant on sound card if you use doppler effect. And there is a known bug with the lens flare option.

With lens flare turned off and all options on highest except for opponent car sounds, doppler effect, and weather, I am getting average fps of 50 and highs of 95.

You're doing something wrong in settings. If you need a walkthough then I can give you some pointers.

Also

You're either a fool or an idiot for posting your 9800 at 1550, I don't know which but if you're a fool it's better to keep your trap shut and not be validated than open it and remove all doubt.

rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What You Can Expect From GeForce GRID News Archived News Items 0 06-04-12 05:20 PM
Nvidia GeForce 301.42 WHQL drivers DSC NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 5 05-29-12 11:12 PM
Enhance Max Payne 3, Diablo III with GeForce R300 Drivers News Archived News Items 0 05-22-12 07:30 PM
New GPU from Nvidia Announced Today, the GeForce GTX 670 News Archived News Items 0 05-10-12 02:50 PM
Gainward Unleashes the Sexy GeForce GTX 670 Phantom Graphics Card, Also launches the News Archived News Items 0 05-10-12 10:28 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.