Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-21-08, 03:23 PM   #13
jolle

Default Re: WoW gold limit reached

About the flying mounts in Azeroth, the transitions between areas are abit sketchy at places in Azeroth aswell, visible on the minimap.
Atleast Im sure I´ve reacted to it a few times, would prolly look bad flying over those areas.

And there are prolly alot of buggy places you can get to that wasnt fixed cause there was no way of getting there before, like the spot in SW where you can fall through a wall and get in under the city.
Old 01-21-08, 03:28 PM   #14
Son Goku

There's also GM isle... And yes, as to that place under the city, and also old IF; I've known some who have claimed to get there.

Wrath of the Lich King is where this will really come up. Because being told "no" to flying mounts in lvl 80 areas won't go without a reaction. But yes, there are places where it's obvious they took graphical shortcuts in the original content; largely because they never envisioned it becomming an issue.

In fact, the whole issue of flying mounts didn't even arise until other MMORPGs had them, then it became a matter if some claimed it as a feature, others had to accomodate due to business issues relating to their competitors.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 03:45 PM   #15
jolle

Well Northrend will, in my eyes certainly, be a separate area, and they will have flying mounts as I understand it, but not straight away when you get there (or so they said in some interview)
I spose you need to get to 80 or somesuch first, prolly due to how much easier the game gets when you can just drop into the Q objective without fighting the way in.

But you wont be able to fly over to the other continents (Im assuming, feels pretty obvious), dunno how they´ll do it, if they add a exhaustion thing like in water that prevents you from swimming between the contients now (which are also separate areas), or some sort of barrier or something.
Old 01-21-08, 04:02 PM   #16
Son Goku

http://wow.consolenewsblog.com/2374-...-in-northrend/

Quote:
According to reports, players will have to venture forth by foot until they reach level 78, at which time, flying mounts will be usable. Blizzard poster Bornakk came by and answered the OP:

From a design standpoint, we don t want people to just fly over continent and skip things when they are leveling up. Instead we want people to explore and experience the environment around them when they first reach the shores of Northrend. You will walk (or ride) from one quest to another as the zones unfold before you instead of just flying over it without batting an eye.
Initial comments were that flying mounts were going to be removed, until a prolifera of critisism resulted in Blizzard having to update comments/(change plans some, perhaps?). When I first saw this discussed, I could just see it, with people having payed 5,000 g for 300 riding, then turning around and...

Only thing I see left, is the relative size of Northrend. Lets just say some of these realms are quite populated; and forcing many who just tollerate each other but at times get cranky into small quarters can have human interaction issues as they must all compete for less space. I'm actually hopeing this is foreseen, and some stepps, even to just add some filler content/space is taken into account so contention doesn't grow.

People in dailies, can grow contentious enough, such as the one horde who landed (on my Nelf hunter then), and went to try to ninja my aether ray for the "wrangle more rays" quest. When I kited it away, and it was obvious he couldn't just get in range to laso it, he took to killing my ray instead. After following me around a bit, I finally just agroed a whole bunch of bores, walked up to him, then feigned death. He left me alone after that.

When BC first came out, and everyone was creating Draenie and Nelfs, starting areas had over 1,500 players in them. Things were such that it could take over an hour waiting for respawns to get the mobs for a lvl 1 quest. People with 60 mages, were offering to give free portals to some, to get them into other newb zones (such as Ellown Forest) so we weren't all competing over the same mobs. It'd be like that, if too congested, with GMs getting the brunt in TTs filed from one player against another in increased proportion. Northrend is essentially a small continent.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 06:51 PM   #17
Rakeesh

Hail the rawrbomb.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 09:05 AM   #18
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

thats awesome
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 04:40 PM   #19
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku

When BC first came out, and everyone was creating Draenie and Nelfs, starting areas had over 1,500 players in them. Things were such that it could take over an hour waiting for respawns to get the mobs for a lvl 1 quest. People with 60 mages, were offering to give free portals to some, to get them into other newb zones (such as Ellown Forest) so we weren't all competing over the same mobs. It'd be like that, if too congested, with GMs getting the brunt in TTs filed from one player against another in increased proportion. Northrend is essentially a small continent.
You should actually know about things before posting. I rerolled a horde paladin for my guild when BC launched and I'm on a high population server and I had no such problems. Blizzard made the spawn rates much higher than other places to compensate, they seem to know what they are doing.

If you hate WoW so much, stop playing, god knows the game could use less of the most overpopulated class, nelf huntards.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 06:20 PM   #20
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime
god knows the game could use less of the most overpopulated class, nelf huntards.
I hate hunTards. All of them.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-08, 05:32 AM   #21
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Initial comments were that flying mounts were going to be removed, until a prolifera of critisism resulted in Blizzard having to update comments/(change plans some, perhaps?). When I first saw this discussed, I could just see it, with people having payed 5,000 g for 300 riding, then turning around and..

no such quote was made by blizzard. They were never going to remove flying mounts. They have spent lots of time even now creating new mounts to use. Also I have yet to see a post with the final say, although I belive 78, or 80, will be needed to fly again.
Old 01-23-08, 07:57 AM   #22
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
I hate hunTards. All of them.
Does that mean you hate me even after I have had a 70 warrior, 70 druid, and 70 shaman?

Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 10:24 AM   #23
Rakeesh

Hunters aren't one of the harder classes for me to kill Just ignore the pet, charge right in, claw and bleed him to death. Probably be even easier if I just force the pet to sleep first, though I haven't needed to yet.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 10:40 AM   #24
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Hunters aren't one of the harder classes for me to kill Just ignore the pet, charge right in, claw and bleed him to death. Probably be even easier if I just force the pet to sleep first, though I haven't needed to yet.
You haven't been going against very smart hunters then.

In your feral forms (non-humanoid), they can fear you. They can trap you and heal themselves while the pet wakes up.

The hunter class is just abundant with simple players because it is such a simple class to play and do "ok". A smart hunter can kick most other classes in the butt most of the time. There is a matter of level and gear to consider of course. Some key abilities aren't gotten until much higher levels. This is why low level PvP is very imbalanced.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote