Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-22-08, 09:41 PM   #25
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Gotta admit...she was kind of cute though.

C'mon, you know you'd hit it.
haha... if she'd just buck up and take it.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 09:50 PM   #26
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

They are my she-wolves.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 09:52 PM   #27
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Gotta admit...she was kind of cute though.

C'mon, you know you'd hit it.
Ya I'd hit it.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 09:59 PM   #28
Severian126
Y SO SRS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezkal
Jeez, could you pander to the Christian Right anymore?

Some people are smart enough to know what's good for them. It's just that some idiots need to be 'informed' by shameless media manipulators who pretend to be 'fair and balanced'.

There's no way anyone could glean good information from that witch hunt of an interview. It was one of the worst examples of schlock profiling that I've seen in a while. "Star Wars meets Debbie Does Dallas" is probably one the dumbest and most misleading statements made in that interview and my guess is that they already had it on a cue card somewhere before even going to air. Probably dreamed up in one of their brainstorming sessions to find arresting and sensational statements that idiots would eat up. The 'panel' of experts was questionable, let alone unjustified as their comments descended into a chorus of malign without reproach.

FOX 'News' is the biggest misnomer of all because they don't report news at all, but actually just project RIGHT WING OPINION using manipulative and underhanded practices.

You know what's really not good for you? Watching FOX and believing their reportage to be fair and balanced - it makes you weak of mind. Obviously.
Dude....can we talk about video games without having to insult Christians?
Processor: Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - OC @ 3.2 GHz Liquid Cooled
Memory: 4GB Low Latency DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 320GB (2 x 160GB) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI

XBOX LIVE: Kungfujoe126 - Catch me on NBA 2K9!
PSN: Severian126
Steam: Sever126

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 (PC), NBA 2k9! (360), Dead Space (PS3), Silent Hill Homecomings (360), Fable 2 (360)

Quote:
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who is in command here.
Severian126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 10:00 PM   #29
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian126
Dude....can we talk about video games without having to insult Christians?
We will try, but understand we're not miracle workers.

::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 10:09 PM   #30
nVJoe

Quote:
Jeez, could you pander to the Christian Right anymore?

Some people are smart enough to know what's good for them. It's just that some idiots need to be 'informed' by shameless media manipulators who pretend to be 'fair and balanced'.

There's no way anyone could glean good information from that witch hunt of an interview. It was one of the worst examples of schlock profiling that I've seen in a while. "Star Wars meets Debbie Does Dallas" is probably one the dumbest and most misleading statements made in that interview and my guess is that they already had it on a cue card somewhere before even going to air. Probably dreamed up in one of their brainstorming sessions to find arresting and sensational statements that idiots would eat up. The 'panel' of experts was questionable, let alone unjustified as their comments descended into a chorus of malign without reproach.

FOX 'News' is the biggest misnomer of all because they don't report news at all, but actually just project RIGHT WING OPINION using manipulative and underhanded practices.

You know what's really not good for you? Watching FOX and believing their reportage to be fair and balanced - it makes you weak of mind. Obviously.
I never said I watched Fox. I never said I watched that interview. I made a comment on the mindless defense of any and all rubbish that is put out by video game producers. Your whole post is a complete waste of bandwidth.

The only bigots that are accepted are those with a hatred of Christianity. You have displayed that quite effectively here and in the politics forum.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 10:12 PM   #31
nVJoe

Quote:
Manipulation via the media is something that exists on both sides but FOX News lies outright at every level and in every way they can. My statements stand and I'm no left winger (at least not in the American sense) but I take great issue with Fox News and their UNfair and UNbalanced manipulation.
Out right lies? yeah and the lie from CNN on the vietnam mass killing they did a few years ago. Maybe the lies CBS spewed with the false documents that Dan Rather proudly defends to this day. You're a joke.

There are two things that piss me off about video gamers. One they are never happy. They complain about the title of a game, the graphics, the game play and the list goes on. The second thing that pisses me of is the reflexive need to defend that filth that is constantly put out by game producers. Oh wait I said that before. But damn if it isn't true. And if you dare to disagree with them you get mindless crap responses by mezkal. His whole reply to me was based on nothing but a mindless reactionary need to justify his addiction. Gamers are the biggest bunch of cry babies on the planet.
Old 01-22-08, 10:24 PM   #32
nVJoe

Ok I just watched the video. You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. he made the comment of Luke Skywalker meets Debbi Does Dallas as a off-hand remark. Get over your selves. What they said it true. You guys are so caught up in your own little gaming world you can't see anything but the next gib across the screen.

I re-reading mezkal's post after listening to that video, it make me think he is all the more pathetic. To bring religion into this is just stupid. Go take a Paxil

Old 01-22-08, 10:41 PM   #33
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Why is it that you who play video games, have no sense of a limit to these games? Some things are just not good for you.
sure, but who the hell is the government or anyone else to tell us that they are not good for us?

first, i dont care what is in video games. as long as they are marked/rated correctly and not sold to minors, i dont care. however, what i do have a problem with, is some group of people talking about how it's bad for society and what not. if it's so bad, THEN DONT ****IN BUY IT.

second, if the government were to try to step in to ban this type of content, that would be overstepping their bounds imo. enforce more strict age control and ratings, fine. but limiting content because of minimal nudity is just retarded.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 10:42 PM   #34
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
sure, but who the hell is the government or anyone else to tell us that they are not good for us?
lawl
Old 01-22-08, 10:46 PM   #35
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
lawl
well ****, people should be able to be accountable for their own actions.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 10:52 PM   #36
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
well ****, people should be able to be accountable for their own actions.
Agree 100%