Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-08, 12:06 PM   #73
methimpikehoses
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
If you think America is a society based on Christian morals you are basically dead wrong. When I was growing up it was pretty common place to have sex before marriage, drink heavily, watch porn, etc etc
Did you watch gay porn?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 12:23 PM   #74
winton
Registered User
 
winton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wouldn't you like to know!
Posts: 272
Send a message via AIM to winton
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

do lesbian scenes count?

Anyway, I love how the host said something to the effect of making parenting harder. Obviously, being a parent should be easy.....
winton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 01:12 PM   #75
spirited1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

I treat games like sex objects.
__________________
Athlon 64 4000+ ~~ Asrock 939 Dual SATA2 ~~ 2GB Geil Value PC3200 ~~ XFX 7900GT EE ~~ Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ~~ LITE-ON SOWH 1693S DVD RW ~~ SB Audigy 2 ZS
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 01:26 PM   #76
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

NVJoe... these games are not marketed towards kids. These games are rated M for a reason and if you want to protect your children, maybe pull your head out of your ass and pay attention to the rating and WHY it is rated the way it is. Don't just buy your 7 year old Grand Theft Auto and assume that since it is a game it MUST be perfect for any kid.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 01:27 PM   #77
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
Did you watch gay porn?
I walked in on your Uncle molesting you once. Does that count?
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 02:19 PM   #78
S.I.N
UnRegistered User
 
S.I.N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: All over
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I walked in on your Uncle molesting you once. Does that count?
There for your appointment?
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 03:18 PM   #79
methimpikehoses
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
There for your appointment?

My uncle always made me pay for Zelda's transgressions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 03:42 PM   #80
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Answer these damn question. Oh no need, I provided the answers for you.
Are these games bad for children? Yes
Are these games marketed towards children? Yes
Do parents have a responsibility to protect their children? Yes
Does the constant barrage of these types of games make it harder and harder for parents to protect their children? Yes

I have a child, do you? I am constantly telling him no, no, no. Then I have to explain why I say no. Later I have to explain what the crap he sees at school from his friends is about. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
The game is rated and clearly marked as "M" for mature. As such it not marketed towards children.

No, it doesn't. The problem that you are seeing is the lack of parental guidance in general for children. This does not mean that YOU are not doing your duty to the fullest extent, it is completely possible that some friends, or people at school, etc.. are passing on the effect of lack of parenting on to your child. That is what makes protecting your child from these things harder.

Yes, I have a son. I make sure to take interest in his life and ensure that all the mediums that he is involved in are appropriate for a nine year old. I have played Mass Effect through, and he has not been allowed to play or watch, for the violence alone. ps: I applaud the fact that you explain why you say no to your child, rather than simply saying no. It is very important in my opinion to know why, rather than blind faith.

This next part is not directed at you NVjoe, but at people in general.

[off-topic]
On a related subject, statistically speaking, ( http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/stats/annual/index.html ) children are safer now, and have a lower death rate, than ever before. However, the media, peddles their wares through fear, which is not the truth. note: No, that doesn't mean that you simply can stop parenting, as far too many simply let their children run free and have no idea how to parent and be supportive.

As for Christianity, it is not a bad thing. A thought, a belief, are never good/bad in themselves. Any perversion of any religion, or on the behalf of any religion, or non-religion for that matter, is because of people. Some people need to believe in something, and so long as they offer the ability for others to belive in other things, it doesn't hurt anyone. Along those lines, anyone who considers themselves a "Christian" and also supports "Wars" and prays for soldiers, really needs to re-read the first commandment, because it isn't "optional", and they are called non-forgivable sins for a good reason. note: people being hypocritical about religion, severely annoy me.

Note: If I believed, I'd be going to hell, but I don't, at least not in that way. That still doesn't give me the right to be a bad person.
[off-topic]
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-08, 03:45 PM   #81
spirited1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
mezcackle or what ever his name is danced around this post. When he or anyone can show me a study that say that these types of games are good for children then we can begin to have an argument. Until then shut ur pie-hole. So go ahead, make the argument that these games are good for children. Come on.

Yeah I'm calling you names because you are an idiot. You dance all around the issue and throw out your dislike of Fox news which has nothing to do with the topic.
Haha, how much spit came out of your mouth when you rehearsed that in front of the mirror?

__________________
Athlon 64 4000+ ~~ Asrock 939 Dual SATA2 ~~ 2GB Geil Value PC3200 ~~ XFX 7900GT EE ~~ Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ~~ LITE-ON SOWH 1693S DVD RW ~~ SB Audigy 2 ZS
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 04:41 PM   #82
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Oh an crainger, you can be my mass effect any time sailor. I see you down there.
::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 04:54 PM   #83
Moo
*BANNNED*
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 380
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked



http://kotaku.com/348187/ea-calls-fo...t-inaccuracies

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 05:12 PM   #84
ralinn
Masters
 
ralinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK, England, Portsmouth
Posts: 1,675
Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Wow, for once I'm cheering EA on!
__________________
(CPU) Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz @ 1600MHz (ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE mainboard) (RAM) 3GB (HDD) 931GB
(GFX) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (1GB), 1680x1050x32, 59Hz (OS) Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium (SP1)

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.