Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-21-08, 10:17 AM   #1
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default TV keeps losing its convergence calibration..

Not sure exactly whats going on. A little over a month ago I got my TV calibrated which included a full 117 point convergence. The day the guy calibrated the TV, it was absolutely gorgeous. You couldn't get a sharper picture. Then over time, I noticed that for no reason whatsoever, the picture wasn't as sharp.

I am a stickler when it comes to video quality, so I checked both the 9 point convergence points and even the full 117 points. They were a large amount off. Still, be that as it may. I did spent a few hours doing the convergence myself. The TV didn't look *as* good as when it was professionally done, but it still looked damn good. Definitely was happy with what I did.

Now here I am two weeks later after my full 117 point convergence, and I noticed a slight degrade in the image quality. I checked the convergence and sure enough, its off again.

Does anyone know what might be going on? Convergence isn't exactly something that should be moving around. Its suppose to stay put. Any ideas on what I can check would be greatly appreciated.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 10:27 AM   #2
npras42
Hi Everybody!

Default Re: TV keeps losing its convergence calibration..

Well there are only a couple of things I can think of:

a) you live somewhere where the earth's magnetic field changes quite a lot from day-to-day. Its quite improbable but certainly not impossible.

b) you have speakers and other equipment in your room that produce a magnetic field and the variation in their magnetic field is causing convergence to screw up.

c) your tv is defective (probably most likely).
npras42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 04:02 PM   #3
lduguay
Un-Ripped

Default Re: TV keeps losing its convergence calibration..

Decades ago, i had a RPTV , and had a similar problem. It turned out that the video amp was dying and caused major convergence problems.

Evga X58|I7 965 3.8GHz|Ultra 120 Extreme|Evga GTX 480 SC|2 x Intel X25-M 80GB RAID 0|Intel 520 - 240 GB|WD Black Caviar 1TB|6GB Corsair XMS3 1600C8 |Corsair 1000W PSU|Antec Twelve-Hundred|DELL U3011|Logitech G500|Logitech G19
lduguay is offline   Reply With Quote