Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-08, 12:47 PM   #1
sammy sung
 
sammy sung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 2,316
Default Opinions of this monitor please

Im finally letting go of my crt screen and going LCD,just ordered this and i'd like to know if any of you have personal experiences with them.

Samsung 22" Wide Syncmaster 2232BW,
Black, 1680x1050, DVI/VGA, 3000:1
2ms





__________________
-=[Q9650@3.6GHZ | Thermalright ultra 120 extreme | Antec 1200 |ASUS P5Q-PREMIUM|MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II| Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 4GB]=-
sammy sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 01:13 PM   #2
mullet
 
mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,054
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

Looks good but is it a TN monitor?
__________________
• LIAN-LI PC-A70B • ASUS MAXIMUS V FORMULA (0701) • i7-3770k + NOCTUA|NH-D14 • Intel 520 240GB SSD • G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 1600 •
• EVGA GeForce GTX 680 • PCP&C 750 Quad • ASUS BD-ROM • DELL U2711 H-IPS + DELL 2209WA e-IPS• Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 • Logitech Z5500 5.1 •
mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 01:39 PM   #3
sammy sung
 
sammy sung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet
Looks good but is it a TN monitor?
TN ? Sorry,i have no clue that that means hehe
__________________
-=[Q9650@3.6GHZ | Thermalright ultra 120 extreme | Antec 1200 |ASUS P5Q-PREMIUM|MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II| Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 4GB]=-
sammy sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 02:16 PM   #4
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

Yeah it's a TN.

I have that monitor for my PC actually. My opinion is that it's a good but flawed monitor. Compared to everything else in it's priceclass I'd say it is one of the better choices. And if you fully understands it's flaws and can accept them, it's an excellent screen.

The faults are that in a total black screen a little light will leak in in the top and bottom of the screen, some of the wider viewing angles results in loosing some color precision and brightness and it's white is not 100% white, it's more like very very bright grey but in my experience this is an issue with the vast majority of the PC LCD's out there.

None of these are major annoyances IMO and if you're just looking for a 22" widescreen for your PC with a stellar design great value, 2232BW can be it. I have read that there is some kind of "panel lottery" involved that you can get a slightly better or worse monitor by chance, but I don't think the difference is that big. However a friend of mine is just buying a 22" wide right now and he told me that there's a different samsung that gives you the best panel garanteed (however just the same panel you can be lucky getting with the 2232BW), I can check it out if you want.
__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 03:04 PM   #5
sammy sung
 
sammy sung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
Yeah it's a TN.

I have that monitor for my PC actually. My opinion is that it's a good but flawed monitor. Compared to everything else in it's priceclass I'd say it is one of the better choices. And if you fully understands it's flaws and can accept them, it's an excellent screen.

The faults are that in a total black screen a little light will leak in in the top and bottom of the screen, some of the wider viewing angles results in loosing some color precision and brightness and it's white is not 100% white, it's more like very very bright grey but in my experience this is an issue with the vast majority of the PC LCD's out there.

None of these are major annoyances IMO and if you're just looking for a 22" widescreen for your PC with a stellar design great value, 2232BW can be it. I have read that there is some kind of "panel lottery" involved that you can get a slightly better or worse monitor by chance, but I don't think the difference is that big. However a friend of mine is just buying a 22" wide right now and he told me that there's a different samsung that gives you the best panel garanteed (however just the same panel you can be lucky getting with the 2232BW), I can check it out if you want.
As far as i understand this is their only 2ms 22 wide,they had other options but they were 5 or more.
__________________
-=[Q9650@3.6GHZ | Thermalright ultra 120 extreme | Antec 1200 |ASUS P5Q-PREMIUM|MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II| Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 4GB]=-
sammy sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 04:07 PM   #6
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung
As far as i understand this is their only 2ms 22 wide,they had other options but they were 5 or more.
Nope, this one is also 2ms. Check it out, the name is Samsung SyncMaster 226CW. It should be a bit more expensive than the 2232BW but no panel lottery. I don't really know that much about this other one so read up reviews if you want, but either of these two monitors would serve you well I'm sure
__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 04:09 PM   #7
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

I'd highly suggest the Dell E228WFP. I think Mike had it listed for $239 on the front page.

I bought an adjustable stand for it off Ebay for $25.

Click the first link in my sig to see it on my desktop.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 04:25 PM   #8
sammy sung
 
sammy sung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
Nope, this one is also 2ms. Check it out, the name is Samsung SyncMaster 226CW. It should be a bit more expensive than the 2232BW but no panel lottery. I don't really know that much about this other one so read up reviews if you want, but either of these two monitors would serve you well I'm sure
Thanks man,i cancelled the order for the 2232BW,i found a shop in the city that carries 226CW for around 50 $ more.I'll grab one of those tomorrow



__________________
-=[Q9650@3.6GHZ | Thermalright ultra 120 extreme | Antec 1200 |ASUS P5Q-PREMIUM|MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II| Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 4GB]=-
sammy sung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-08, 05:12 PM   #9
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

^^ Grats be sure to post feedback that'll help other doubters and future buyers
__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 05:40 PM   #10
breathemetal
*BANNED*
 
breathemetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I wish it wasnt the USA
Posts: 4,447
Send a message via AIM to breathemetal
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

dont worry about tn panels
ppl say they suck. dont listen to them
both of my lcd's are tn and they are GREAT!
its really all personal taste though.
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 09:03 PM   #11
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

great great screen, my friend has that one, i got the 21.6 inch. Everything looks fantastic.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-08, 07:38 AM   #12
DRen72
Eastern Pipistrelle
 
DRen72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Cave
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: Opinions of this monitor please

I built a rig for someone recently with this monitor and my only beef with it was a poor angle of view. If I where not sitting pretty much directly in front of it, I could not read the screen very well. Thats not the case with my BenQ.
__________________
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
Video: EVGA GTX 590 / 24" BenQ FP241WZ LCD
Motherboard & RAM: ASRock P67 Extreme6 / 16GB DDR3 RAM
Storage: Corsair Force Series GT 128GB SSD / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB / Two Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drives
Optical Storage: Pioneer BDR-206DBKS
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi / Logitech Z-5500
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Other: Antec P183 Case / Corsair AX-1200 Power Supply / Logitech G5 (v2.0) / Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Console: XBox 360 Elite
DRen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions on 1280x1024 resolution skipparoo NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series 103 06-22-12 11:38 PM
no one lives forever2 full demo opinions cricket Gaming Central 28 09-25-02 02:37 AM
GeForce4 image quality - need some HONEST opinions ErrorS NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series 24 08-22-02 06:39 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.