Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-08, 10:24 PM   #1
Dvahlish

Default Thank you, please come again.

Rogues a bees dick away from 70 now, so its that time where I start to think of what my next addition to the end game family will be.

I have 3 already on the rise and I want to choose one to level steadily.
lvl 23 Troll Frost mage
Lvl 17 Tauren Druid
Lvl 14 Troll Hunter

Its a hard decision.
Im leaning towards the Druid, Mainly because I have never played a tank before, and Id like to give it a go.

Frost mages are just damn cool though.
Hunters are awesome for PVP and BG's.

*sigh*
Old 01-21-08, 04:47 PM   #2
Son Goku

Default Re: Thank you, please come again.

Well, there are 2 slight issues...

Hunters are currently very largely populated. If you plan on taking it into raides, it might/might not work. I had done kara and Gruul's on my hunter for about 3 months. I'm in another guild now (actually my previosu guild, re-formed), actually officer there, and as I told someone else with a hunter main (he's got a resto druid alt); we don't need more hunters now, we need healers. This said, my rogue is now raiding, did up through Opera first week down.

Curator we ran into problems, but for a first week in guild run, Opera isn't bad. Most don't see it first week, let along down Romulo and Julliet, where more then half the raid are newer 70s still in blues. Some do have epics now, and others such as myself and this druid, we have epics on our mains, but we're not progressed on the newer chars; same as on the older ones that had hit some 25 man content. Over half the raid is simply not geared for Curator.

As we have more then enough hunters for 2 kara teams (and we're starting up 1), it's one of those things, we might swap them in latter on when things are more established, to continue gearing them. You'll likely see the same thing, if the class distribution on your realm is anywhere similar.

Now on feral tanks, they're certainly feasible, with the high armor/health, dodge chance, and immunity to polymorph effects. This also can have some use in Gruul's, if one isn't using 2 hunters to off tank each other on the shammy add for High King. But the bad news, is also that they have lower defence rating, which means becomming uncrushable.... There are places you just want a warrior. This said, not all druids have to go resto, and it's not uncommon to keep a feral druid, or a couple around.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-08, 06:15 PM   #3
Dvahlish

Default Re: Thank you, please come again.

Our guild is quite short on tanks, so Im going to level the druid.
Apart from that, they are a hell of a lot of fun.